• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

AP source: Trump vetting Gingrich, Christie for VP

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
WASHINGTON (AP) — Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has begun formally vetting prospective vice presidential picks.
The New York billionaire is considering former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, among what he previously described as a short list of possible running mates. Their inclusion was confirmed by people with direct knowledge of the vetting process who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the situation publicly.
AP source: Trump vetting Gingrich, Christie for VP | The Seattle Times

I also heard Indiana's governor, Mike Pence, was very high on the list. If he picks Christie I'm done with Trump.

Would have thought that his VP pick would have to have bigger tits and be more Eastern European than Christie..

I also heard Indiana's governor, Mike Pence, was very high on the list. If he picks Christie I'm done with Trump.

I think any of them would be better than whoever Hillary will have behind her. Just my opinion of course.

Whomever accepts to be Trump's VP, it will be political suicide for them.

My guess is it will be one of his surrogates. Jan Brewer, Newt Gingrich, Scott Brown, Chris Christie, Gov. Scott of Fl. or maybe even Sarah Palin..... you know the politicians who have already trashed their political careers being associated with Trump.

There was mention that Trump requested a meeting with Gov. Pence. I think the meeting was yesterday. Trump has met with a lot of politicians over the VP slot and a lot of them said "NO Thanks".

Have you noticed all those politicians that came out to endorse Trump a few weeks back are now laying low and are not out there campaigning for him? Last week Trump did a tour of rallies in Texas. Governor Abbott was asked to join Trump but the governor was just too busy and couldn't make it.

My guess is it will be one of his surrogates. Jan Brewer, Newt Gingrich, Scott Brown, Chris Christie, Gov. Scott of Fl. or maybe even Sarah Palin..... you know the politicians who have already trashed their political careers being associated with Trump.

There was mention that Trump requested a meeting with Gov. Pence. I think the meeting was yesterday. Trump has met with a lot of politicians over the VP slot and a lot of them said "NO Thanks".

Have you noticed all those politicians that came out to endorse Trump a few weeks back are now laying low and are not out there campaigning for him? Last week Trump did a tour of rallies in Texas. Governor Abbott was asked to join Trump but the governor was just too busy and couldn't make it.

Whey does Sarah Palin get mentioned? She has zero chance.

Whey does Sarah Palin get mentioned? She has zero chance.
Because some leftwing loons still tremble over the lady who has no chance.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I keep hearing about Pence. I really hope that isn't correct. I will lose all respect for Pence, and I really like him.

Bingo. There cant be many republicans who want to hitch their wagon to Trump at this point. VP isn't much of a job anyway and being Trumps Veep cant be much more than runs to the dry cleaner and keeping the bosses coffee cup freshened. I'm going with Scott Brown.

I keep hearing about Pence. I really hope that isn't correct. I will lose all respect for Pence, and I really like him.

I'm hoping that the VP is someone decent where I could change my mind and vote for Trump. Pence would be in that category. But, I have to agree that anyone who would accept the job loses respect. This VP selection is perfect for someone who isn't going anywhere anyway, like either Christie or Gingrich. They have nothing to lose.

Back
Top Bottom