• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AP Source: Biden taps Ketanji Brown Jackson for high court

Completely relevant considering the nomination was based on a racial quota and not the best candidate for the job.
What made the last three picks the best for the job?

Amy Comey Barrett had a vagina, and that's what Trump promised.

Just like Sandra Day O'Connor. Normal people didn't scream like idiots when Reagan announced he would nominate the first woman to SCOTUS. And just like Biden did, he delivered an extremely qualified nominee.

The Trump devotees are embarrassing themselves. As usual.

That's foolish. President Biden has a set of qualifications. She met them. He also said he would select a black female. She is one. Do you think there are no black females qualified to be SCOTUS justices?
Black: check
Woman: check
Liberal activist judge: check
Nominated

Biden's standard for black people have never been all that high.

She may be a great candidate. Will probably be seated. But when you paint your nominations in the name of race, you forever cloud their actual capacity.

Get over your bad self.... Trump painted his in the name of how they would likely opine on a particular issue....

Nominated
You become president, you get to have your own checklist. She is exceptionally qualified. She is a inconsequential pick, unless she writes really well, as most of what she is going to be doing is authoring dissenting opinions for history.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I think Republicans will largely handle it in a quite professional manner with little drama. But we'll soon see.
Most will but the usual subjects will be their usual AH selves.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I think Republicans will largely handle it in a quite professional manner with little drama. But we'll soon see.
Recent history has shown that is unlikely to be the case.

Who wants to be the nominee when 98% of the reason you were chosen was because of your genitalia and skin pigmentation?

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden on Friday will nominate federal appeals court Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court, according to a person familiar with the matter, making her the first Black woman selected to serve on a court that once declared her race unworthy of citizenship and endorsed segregation.

In Jackson, Biden delivers on a campaign promise to make the historic appointment and to further diversify a court that was made up entirely of white men for almost two centuries. He has chosen an attorney who would be the high court’s first former public defender, though she also possesses the elite legal background of other justices.

Jackson would be the current court’s second Black justice — Justice Clarence Thomas, a conservative, is the other — and just the third in history.

The news was confirmed by a person familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss it before the president’s official announcement later Friday.

From what I’ve read about her I think she’s a good choice for SCOTUS.

I'm sure she'll be everything we have come to expect from the justices of any gender or race appointed by Leftist elites.

Nominated
1-Care to answer the question? Do you think there are not black women that are qualified.
2-R's no longer have the ability to complain about judicial activism unless they accompany the claim with an admission of ignorance. To start, this court is allowing a segment of the population to lose their constitutional rights based on only their decision. Not the entire country, a group of people in it.

An amusing side show, for those who find wry humor in such things, will be to note United States Senators who voted for this nominee's approval to other previous federal positions but who now find her to be unacceptable. Though I'm not given to predicting things in the political realm, I can suggest that such Senators will all belong to one party.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

Get over your bad self.... Trump painted his in the name of how they would likely opine on a particular issue....

You become president, you get to have your own checklist. She is exceptionally qualified. She is a inconsequential pick, unless she writes really well, as most of what she is going to be doing is authoring dissenting opinions for history.
:ROFLMAO:

TRRRRUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

You people are just so completely and tragically lost.

Start with the fact that the person picking them didnt announce they were going to be picked because of the color of their skin. And then when you start there, continue on trying to avoid the reality that the person that picked this one didnt announce his intent to pick a candidate based solely on their skin and gender.

He announces this as Russia is attacking Ukraine? Wow, how far left is she?
He announced it because he told everyone he would make his pick by the end of this month. You just can't stand when the Biden admin follows through, can you? What in the hell does Ukraine have to do with the SCOTUS pick?

Start with the fact that the person picking them didnt announce they were going to be picked because of the color of their skin. And then when you start there, continue on trying to avoid the reality that the person that picked this one didnt announce his intent to pick a candidate based solely on their skin and gender.
It's called racial and gender equity. The court should as closely as possibly resemble American society. This is what he promised he would do, and he was elected by a large majority to do it.

That's foolish. President Biden has a set of qualifications. She met them. He also said he would select a black female. She is one. Do you think there are no black females qualified to be SCOTUS justices?
To him the only one would be Candice Owens

He announced it because he told everyone he would make his pick by the end of this month. You just can't stand when the Biden admin follows through, can you? What in the hell does Ukraine have to do with the SCOTUS pick?
He's angry that Biden didn't pick Trump for the position.

That is untrue, Biden never said he was going to pick based SOLELY on the colour of their skin and gender. All his choices were highly qualified candidates with impeccable judicial credentials. I don't understand why publicly stating ONE of his goals was to increase diversity in the courts by making it reflective of the American society it serves is so objectionable to some. She is eminently qualified and her race and gender just enhance those qualifications.

No one even bothered to think he'd pick a non-white person.

Although he did say he picked Barrett because she's a mother, so there's the gender thing.

She's a district judge.
I think it is with the DC District Court of Appeals which is one of the most powerful courts outside of the SC....or so I read .

Back
Top Bottom