• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AP FACT CHECK: Trump taps false stereotypes about immigrants

Some of trump’s many falsehoods exposed. Why do republicans go along with this nonsense?

https://apnews.com/7eb07814117f46a098bed1f3466f4775

All I had to do was read the first sentence of that article to know that it's a bunch of dishonest horse ****.

"President Donald Trump has long railed against immigration as a scourge on the economy and national security."

Trump has NEVER railed against immigration as a scourge on the economy and national security.

/thread

Some of trump’s many falsehoods exposed. Why do republicans go along with this nonsense?

https://apnews.com/7eb07814117f46a098bed1f3466f4775

(a) Because Trump makes leftwing heads explode

(b) Because Trump is their best chance to advance their anti-abortion agenda

Nothing else matters. Not what a heinous person Trump is. Not how much he lies. Not how he openly does things that they accused Obama of secretly doing. Not the human rights violations he is committing. Not how many of his immigration proposals would do the opposite of what he claims are his anti-crime goals if they are enacted. Not how he is tarnishing America's image. Not how much damage he is doing to farmers and other stressed businesses. Just how good he is at trolling leftwingers and how he is the best chance the far right has of taking away women's reproductive rights.

Last edited:
All I had to do was read the first sentence of that article to know that it's a bunch of dishonest horse ****.

"President Donald Trump has long railed against immigration as a scourge on the economy and national security."

Trump has NEVER railed against immigration as a scourge on the economy and national security.

/thread

Trump and his supporters call people seeking asylum invaders. Trump has decreased the number of VISAS issued by more than half. It's obvious he wants to slow down immigration levels, especially ones from ****hole countries. Trump wants white Norwegian immigrants.

/thread

Nothing dishonest—just the facts.

Trump and his supporters call people seeking asylum invaders.

What do you call a group of 1K+ people who want to pour over another nation's border all at once? Visitors?

/thread

They also point out "legal" immigrant numbers as if Trump was talking about them.

No one is concerned about LEGAL immigrants as long as they retain LEGAL status, thus any reference to those immigrants is irrelevant to Trump's comments about ILLEGAL immigrants.

Last edited:
(a) Because Trump makes leftwing heads explode

(b) Because Trump is their best chance to advance their anti-abortion agenda

Nothing else matters. Not what a heinous person Trump is. Not how much he lies. Not how he openly does things that they accused Obama of secretly doing. Not the human rights violations he is committing. Not how many of his immigration proposals would do the opposite of what he claims are his anti-crime goals if they are enacted. Not how he is tarnishing America's image. Not how much damage he is doing to farmers and other stressed businesses. Just how good he is at trolling leftwingers and how he is the best chance the far right has of taking away women's reproductive rights.

He's also making America great again. You forgot about that...

Trump and his supporters call people seeking asylum invaders. Trump has decreased the number of VISAS issued by more than half. It's obvious he wants to slow down immigration levels, especially ones from ****hole countries. Trump wants white Norwegian immigrants.

And none of that justifies that article's lie.

If you want to justify their lie, give me a quote of Trump railing against immigration as a scourge on the economy and national security.

What do you call a group of 1K+ people who want to pour over another nation's border all at once? Visitors?

They are seeking asylum and have a right to apply. They don't have a right to enter illegally. Despite all the hateful fearmongering of Donald Trump, we do have a southern boarder protected by laws, and America can handle the caravans without threatening to shot people. We have handled way more people trying to enter America all at once before Trump was president. He is only manipulating your fears, and calling them invaders and animals, because he is a bigot.

I have talked to many Trump supporters, and I don't think the majority of Trumpers are interested in giving foreigners asylum... especially ones from south of boarder or Muslims....

I hear ya, SheWolf. Anecdotally, my mother was a white Norwegian immigrant. I talk with my relatives in Norway, and none of them want to come here! Less than one percent of Norwegians would vote for Trump. They think he is a dangerous idiot.

They also point out "legal" immigrant numbers as if Trump was talking about them.

No one is concerned about LEGAL immigrants as long as they retain LEGAL status, thus any reference to those immigrants is irrelevant to Trump's comments about ILLEGAL immigrants.

You're wrong. Trump has cut down the number of VISAs issued to people seeking legal entry. He has cut down on people seeking asylum, and most Trump supporters I know are not interested in providing refuge or asylum to people from Latin America or to Muslims. Trump's own comments about not wanting people from ****holes, but wanting more immigrants from Norway says it all. Trump and his supporters attack legal immigration and multiculturalism, and many of you see diversity as a threat.

And none of that justifies that article's lie.

If you want to justify their lie, give me a quote of Trump railing against immigration as a scourge on the economy and national security.

He has attacked H1B1 VISAS and declared such people as taking jobs from America... :lol: .... Trump and his supporters do view illegal and legal immigration as a threat to national security and a threat to their economic stability. There is no point in trying to hide the truth.

I hear ya, SheWolf. Anecdotally, my mother was a white Norwegian immigrant. I talk with my relatives in Norway, and none of them want to come here! Less than one percent of Norwegians would vote for Trump. They think he is a dangerous idiot.

My husband has family in Holland. They asked if we would like to visit sometime, and we said, "of course," and asked if they would like to visit America, and they said, "no thanks." :lol:

You're wrong. Trump has cut down the number of VISAs issued to people seeking legal entry. He has cut down on people seeking asylum, and most Trump supporters I know are not interested in providing refuge or asylum to people from Latin America or to Muslims. Trump's own comments about not wanting people from ****holes, but wanting more immigrants from Norway says it all. Trump and his supporters attack legal immigration and multiculturalism, and many of you see diversity as a threat.

We know that immigration affects wages. That really isn't debatable.

Well, it is debatable, but the evidence against it is very weak. I'm not sure why you have such distant for the working poor, but caring for people who aren't from where you are is always politically infeasible.

I have talked to many Trump supporters, and I don't think the majority of Trumpers are interested in giving foreigners asylum... especially ones from south of boarder or Muslims....

No... We're not.

/thread

Agreed this initial sentence is DISHONEST and the Fact checking is Dishonest on source.

1) President Donald Trump has long railed against immigration as a scourge on the economy and national security. HE has never accused 'immigration" as a scourge, he has accused "ILLEGAL immigration as such"

2) Trump managed to accuse immigrants in the country illegally of stealing jobs from American workers, There we go again, Correlating LEGAL H1B and visa recipients as a whole with "Illegals that enter our country without a legal VISA or travel document"

This is within the first paragraph, Im supposed to take the rest serious when the supposed "fact" check is using "lies" to validate their argument.

"The fact is that 75 percent of immigrants arrived legally" - I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS NUMBER

https://travel.state.gov/content/da...8AnnualReport/FY18AnnualReport - TableIV.pdf

2018 FY "Immigrant issued VISA's - 550,930 WESTERN HEMISPHERE GRAND TOTAL-

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration/fy-2018

As just the other day there was a POST that showed - 396,579 southwest boarder apprehensions 2018FY. THATS JUST The Border Not illegals that over stay visa's or births in the country.

Just do the math, 71% of the Western Hemisphere LEGAL VISA approvals were eclipsed by ILLEGAL border crossings from just the southern border alone..

Fact CHECK MY REAR......

He has attacked H1B1 VISAS and declared such people as taking jobs from America... :lol: .... Trump and his supporters do view illegal and legal immigration as a threat to national security and a threat to their economic stability. There is no point in trying to hide the truth.

yawn...

No quotes, eh?

trumpsotupoll.png

Okay. Give me a quote from Trump.

I’m not going to cut and paste quotes from the AP article for you. That’s why I provided a link. Read it and tell me what they are lying about. The Associated Press is one of the most factual and unbiased news agencies in existence.

We know that immigration affects wages. That really isn't debatable.

Well, it is debatable, but the evidence against it is very weak. I'm not sure why you have such distant for the working poor, but caring for people who aren't from where you are is always politically infeasible.

No... We're not.

Your profile says your liberal...

Agreed this initial sentence is DISHONEST and the Fact checking is Dishonest on source.

1) President Donald Trump has long railed against immigration as a scourge on the economy and national security. HE has never accused 'immigration" as a scourge, he has accused "ILLEGAL immigration as such"

2) Trump managed to accuse immigrants in the country illegally of stealing jobs from American workers, There we go again, Correlating LEGAL H1B and visa recipients as a whole with "Illegals that enter our country without a legal VISA or travel document"

This is within the first paragraph, Im supposed to take the rest serious when the supposed "fact" check is using "lies" to validate their argument.

"The fact is that 75 percent of immigrants arrived legally" - I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS NUMBER

https://travel.state.gov/content/da...8AnnualReport/FY18AnnualReport - TableIV.pdf

2018 FY "Immigrant issued VISA's - 550,930 WESTERN HEMISPHERE GRAND TOTAL-

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration/fy-2018

As just the other day there was a POST that showed - 396,579 southwest boarder apprehensions 2018FY. THATS JUST The Border Not illegals that over stay visa's or births in the country.

Just do the math, 71% of the Western Hemisphere LEGAL VISA approvals were eclipsed by ILLEGAL border crossings from just the southern border alone..

Fact CHECK MY REAR......

Trump has attacked H1B1 Viasas

Back
Top Bottom