• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s mythical terrorist tide from Mexico

For the same reasons that a fence works. I see that you still can't say why Pelosi and Schumer supported the border fence and yet oppose a border wall - other than the obvious "Trump wants that wall".

Obviously you're having a little difficulty here so let me help you. You want to build a wall, you must prove why that wall needs to be built. The burden of proof is on you.

I'm sure that, after a bit of intense education, our wildlife and livestock would learn to tread carefully. ;)

The Cubans who lie outside of Gitmo report occasional explosions in the mined areas as pets, livestock & wild critters go 'poof.'

Obviously you're having a little difficulty here so let me help you. You want to build a wall, you must prove why that wall needs to be built. The burden of proof is on you.

Let me type a bit more s l o w l y. For the very same reasons that the existing border fencing (approved by both Pelosi and Schumer) was built - to assist border patrol agents in limiting illegal border crossing.

The Cubans who lie outside of Gitmo report occasional explosions in the mined areas as pets, livestock & wild critters go 'poof.'

I don't care what some liars say - those critters don't have the guts to try that again. ;)

the Berlin WALL LOL!!

well lets see... what are the differences except that the Berlin wall tried to keep their own disparaged population IN, where as our wall helps to deter illegal non US citizens from Entering as they please.

no comparison whatsoever.. rather silly actually.

our proposed wall is not immoral at all. we have the right to decide who gets to come to our country or not. follow the laws for entry, come legally and you are welcome... otherwise, nope

Let me type a bit more s l o w l y. For the very same reasons that the existing border fencing (approved by both Pelosi and Schumer) was built - to assist border patrol agents in limiting illegal border crossing.

A wall will have little effect on illegal border crossings.

Countries Are Building Fences to Stop Refugees | Time

There are these things called tunnels. And ladders. And smuggling in trucks.

And even more commonly, legal immigrants who overstay their visas. That is the most common form of violating immigration law.

https://apnews.com/4a7792c523ab4b5984893b38c988d70b

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump and his officials persist in promoting the discredited notion that terror suspects are pouring into the U.S. from Mexico by the thousands.

Despite their portrayal of Mexico as a teeming portal for terrorists, the State Department issued a report in September finding “no credible evidence indicating that international terrorist groups have established bases in Mexico, worked with Mexican drug cartels or sent operatives via Mexico into the United States.”
===============================================
'No credible evidence' does not indicate a sudden need for emergency action on the southern border.

Hyping the mythical 'caravan' before the midterm election helped sweep in 40 Dem congressmen. Lies & hyping phony threats don't work coming from a man who has a real credibility problem.

Over a DOZEN that we know of in 2018 alone....enough to pull off 9/11...remember?

What EXACTLTY , is the ACCEPTABLE NUMBER of TERRORISTS TOBE ALLOWED TO ENRER OUR NATION, to the TERROR-O-CRATS< and the FAKE NEWS?

Hmm... still evading the morality argument.

Again, I already answered that question in Post #17. It's not my problem that you refuse to listen to it. :shrug:

Again, I already answered that question in Post #17. It's not my problem that you refuse to listen to it. :shrug:

Fences good, walls bad and we want more social spending on illegal immigrants.

Fences good, walls bad and we want more social spending on illegal immigrants.

Blah blah blah walls yadda yadda yadda illegal immigrants.

We have schools that have unacceptably high teacher turnover and roofs that literally drip water.
We have an infrastructure that is slowly falling apart.
We have wealth that is gradually becoming more congregated in the hands of a lucky few.
We have a planet that is, on average, getting warmer by the year.
We have a broken immigration system that this administration wants to defend.
Speaking of which, we have the most incompetent, ill-mannered, compromised president in our lifetimes in charge of fixing these problems, which he won't.

So if you're going to focus on the massively overrated problem of people being in our nation illegally, then please give a proportionate response to the real danger that lies in the White House if you ever, ever want me to take you seriously again.

Should we remove, or at least cease to maintain, the existing physical barriers on the border?

I think we should do the prudent thing. If that's barriers in smart locations, then that's fine. I do not think we should build a monument to Trump's xenophobia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the Berlin WALL LOL!!

well lets see... what are the differences except that the Berlin wall tried to keep their own disparaged population IN, where as our wall helps to deter illegal non US citizens from Entering as they please.

no comparison whatsoever.. rather silly actually.

our proposed wall is not immoral at all. we have the right to decide who gets to come to our country or not. follow the laws for entry, come legally and you are welcome... otherwise, nope

Refugees are not disparaged? You are in jest, surely?

Back
Top Bottom