• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AP changing quotes to cover for Obama gaff?

I know, but it's very difficult to tell them that - in much the same way it's difficult for a parent to tell teenage children anything at all.

LOL...

I remember rebellion.

That's OK. most liberals grow up to be conservatives.

LOL...

I remember rebellion.

That's OK. most liberals grow up to be conservatives.
The big "if" is if they grow up at all. My younger son voted for Obama the first time. Thankfully he changed his mind this last time, and I had no political discussions with him at all. I never do. He's old enough now to make his own decisions. I'm just glad he pays attention.

This is so minor...

If it had been Bush, they'd basically be blaring the mistake on a loudspeaker for everyone and their uncle to hear.

The mistake in question might be minor, but the media's treatment of it is indicative of a large degree of bias.

I agree.

However, the M$M's made such things the story of the week any time Bush made minor mistakes.

Can anyone say media bias?

No, but we can say "silliness"... the person that is worried about the scorecard of Presidential mis-speaks is not a person of substance. Some of them can be funny, like "putting food on your family" or the "bombing begins in 15 minutes" or the "57 states," but other than a momentary smile, they should derive no other attention from any serious person.

No, but we can say "silliness"... the person that is worried about the scorecard of Presidential mis-speaks is not a person of substance.

I only liked about half of Bush's politics, but I did like that he would embrace his shortcomings, and laugh at himself. Remember the correspondence dinner where he showed a slideshow of himself, looking for the WMD? Remember the comedy skit where they created a new "bushish," then president Bush used it in a speech at a later time?

No, but we can say "silliness"... the person that is worried about the scorecard of Presidential mis-speaks is not a person of substance. Some of them can be funny, like "putting food on your family" or the "bombing begins in 15 minutes" or the "57 states," but other than a momentary smile, they should derive no other attention from any serious person.

Depends on the context. If it comes out of a serious speech where they are trying to push some idea, and they say something idiotic, they should get hammered. If it's causal off the cuff, non 'official' stuff, who cares.

I only liked about half of Bush's politics, but I did like that he would embrace his shortcomings, and laugh at himself. Remember the correspondence dinner where he showed a slideshow of himself, looking for the WMD? Remember the comedy skit where they created a new "bushish," then president Bush used it in a speech at a later time?

It's called being human and having a sense of humor about yourself and your position. It appears to be quite rare in DC. He backed a lot of stupid stuff, but that he could joke about his own goofs was one of his best traits.

Everyone knows, these are the 57 states Obama was refering to:

Last edited:
I agree, it probably is bias, not because he is a Democrat, but because he's the President of the United States.

Definitely, the AP covered for George Bush all the time! And so did ABC, CBS, NBC, NYT.........

Back
Top Bottom