• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

AOL instant messenger

kal-el

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I did have my screename up, but somebody hacked into my AIM account. Somehow they figured out my password. My computer this morning, alerted me that I was signed on AIM on 2 different computers. I only have 1.

kal-el said:
I did have my screename up, but somebody hacked into my AIM account. Somehow they figured out my password. My computer this morning, alerted me that I was signed on AIM on 2 different computers. I only have 1.
Pretty easy when you got "I h8 Bush" as your password...;)

That could be a windows XP problem.
Sometimes it can run 2x the same program without you even knowning.

OR

The logoff didn't quite complete last time you logged off so it thinks you are logged in twice.
Wouldn't worry about it - yet. Logout and back in and see if it gives the error again.

vauge said:
That could be a windows XP problem.
Sometimes it can run 2x the same program without you even knowning.

OR

The logoff didn't quite complete last time you logged off so it thinks you are logged in twice.
Wouldn't worry about it - yet. Logout and back in and see if it gives the error again.

Thanks for your help, I'll try that. It seemed to fix the problem- no generated messages.

Last edited:
You might also have a keylogger on your comp! Happened to a friend of mine and all his email, messenger, and log in passwords got changed!

Back
Top Bottom