• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AOC demonstrates of how easy it is to be corrupt in government

As expected, the F-Troop of Trump apologists is making its appearance.

As expected the " 'Duh-oh!' Troop" of the DP Left is reduced to ad homs, as they are UNABBLE TO COUNTER THE FACTS...to WIT:

Like the LOBBYIST-FUNDED, House Dems LUXURY PUERTO RICAN JAUNT during the government shutdown....mainly the HOUSE HISPANIC CAUCUS....oh wait...ISN'T OCASIO-CORTEZ a member of that CAUCUS? WHY YES, SHE IS!!!

Yeah...she most certainly is PROVING how easily "government can be corrupted"....isn't she?

CHOKE ON IT.

Blue:
Re: "Squeaky Clean" --> Okay, well, then from whence in your mind came the susceptibility to the "reach of lobbyists" inquiry? As I noted before, lobbyists' influence wasn't even a topic of the video the OP referenced; the video was about the behavior of holders of public office.

Red:
Would you have an elected member of Congress not avail him-/herself of extant opportunities and his/her own capacity to publicize the ideas and initiatives the member thinks abet the well being of the country?

Doing such things seems to me among the things our elected representatives are supposed to do, do well and do to the best of their ability. That's what AOC's doing, and though you may disagree with her assessment of the merits of her ideology, she's doing her job.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that, no. But we have over 400 members in Congress and yet AOC gets her mug on camera every single day. She needs to learn her job and realize she's not a community activist right now.
No, I do not think she's doing her job. Bull**** legislation does not serve her constituents whatsoever.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that, no. But we have over 400 members in Congress and yet AOC gets her mug on camera every single day. She needs to learn her job and realize she's not a community activist right now.

No, I do not think she's doing her job. Bull**** legislation does not serve her constituents whatsoever.
Red:
  1. What has that to do with the corruption and abuse of power/authority topic of this thread? So far you've yet to identify any correlates between that happenstance and the thread topic.
    • Off-Topic:
      • Of course she does; she's got a cell phone with a camera and Twitter, Instagram and Facebook accounts.
      • Frankly, I don't at all daily, or even near daily, see video of AOC on CNN, the mainstream OTA networks or PBS Newshour, which are the main television news networks I watch. Indeed, the video referenced in the OP appears to be "homemade."
      • Do you watch Fox? If so, that may be one of the major "places" where she appears daily, which seems likely to me insofar as "the right" seems utterly consumed by AOC who is but a freshman Congresswoman with no chairmanships and no real power. From what I've heard about AOC, most of which comes from conservatives, it's "the right" who've made her "molehill" into their very own "mountain." If you don't like that she is daily there, you should complain to Fox, perhaps even ask them to stop airing her and her remarks.

Blue:

rotflmao.gif

Back
Top Bottom