• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AOC and Rep Scalise- One Claims PTSD

She absolutely is; she's even making noise about House old guard dems getting out of the way so she and her Squad can take over. She's even mentioned running against Pelosi for Speaker. Scalese is in the GOP leadership of the House, but THEY are in the minority so saying he controls the House is erroneous; he hardly can be said to "control an major party".
The poster was talking about Trump, not Scalese.

Was thinking today about AOC and her cry of victimhood during the riot. How she has PTSD. Her comments ring hollow when compared to what Rep Steve Scalise went through. However, the media outrage between the two are glaringly different
=====
“I think after [Jan. 6], I took some time — and it was really Ayanna Pressley. I explained to her what happened to me, like, the day of because I ran to her office, and she was like, ‘You need to recognize trauma,’” she said.

“If I take a couple months and just be really good, then I don’t have to live with this thing festering and lingering with me like a roommate in my apartment for years," she added.

Then we compare her comments and trauma to Senator Scalise who was actually shot by a political opponent nut job. Nothing more really needs to be said when comparing the two incidents

====================

Rep. Steve Scalise and others ripped House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for saying Republicans are "domestic enemies.”

“Disgusting: Nancy Pelosi just called Republicans ‘domestic enemies.’ I was shot because of this kind of unhinged rhetoric. Where’s the media outrage?” Scalise tweeted, referring to when he was shot during a practice session for the Congressional Baseball Game in 2017.

Okay, so Scalise has PTSD and AOC is in therapy for trauma. Why does that upset you so much?

Were you concerned when Trump called the press the "enemy of the people"?

Okay, so Scalise has PTSD and AOC is in therapy for trauma. Why does that upset you so much?

He probably agreed with it.
When Greg Gianforte assaulted the reporter, he probably cheered.

Why would you think it upsets me so much? That would be a liberal response.

The poster was talking about Trump, not Scalese.
Uh, Scalese was mentioned in the OP - they thread is basically a comparison between AOC's trauma on 1/6 vs Scalese's injuries.

Kinda like you guys obsessive Trumpophobia? Wanna bet there are more "yeah but Trump" references from LW posters than AOC references from RW posters on the board?
Yes, Trump the former president, leader of the free world, the most power person on earth vs AOC a freshman congress person from where?

Yes, Trump the former president, leader of the free world, the most power person on earth vs AOC a freshman congress person from where?
Not talking about Trump. Read the OP.

Read your reply to post 4.
Maybe YOU should read it again. Read my posts where I emphasized the discussion was about AOC and Scalese.

Maybe YOU should read it again. Read my posts where I emphasized the discussion was about AOC and Scalese.
You used whataboutism to talk about whataboutism. good grief.

PTSD is tricky stuff. Everyone has their own personal breaking point. Who is to say?
So true. People with depression and high anxiety are much more susceptible.

Not wasting my time on someone who won't understand. Sorry, try someone else.
You obviously have no idea what she meant but you think that this course of action by yourself is amusing. Is this what you childishly think is "pwning a lib"?

You obviously have no idea what she meant but you think that this course of action by yourself is amusing. Is this what you childishly think is "pwning a lib"?
Sorry, you "pwned yourself". It's just what you folks do...

Trix explained it to you already. Are you saying you didn't understand her?

Back
Top Bottom