• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AOC and Rep Scalise- One Claims PTSD

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Was thinking today about AOC and her cry of victimhood during the riot. How she has PTSD. Her comments ring hollow when compared to what Rep Steve Scalise went through. However, the media outrage between the two are glaringly different
=====
“I think after [Jan. 6], I took some time — and it was really Ayanna Pressley. I explained to her what happened to me, like, the day of because I ran to her office, and she was like, ‘You need to recognize trauma,’” she said.

“If I take a couple months and just be really good, then I don’t have to live with this thing festering and lingering with me like a roommate in my apartment for years," she added.

Then we compare her comments and trauma to Senator Scalise who was actually shot by a political opponent nut job. Nothing more really needs to be said when comparing the two incidents

====================

Rep. Steve Scalise and others ripped House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for saying Republicans are "domestic enemies.”

“Disgusting: Nancy Pelosi just called Republicans ‘domestic enemies.’ I was shot because of this kind of unhinged rhetoric. Where’s the media outrage?” Scalise tweeted, referring to when he was shot during a practice session for the Congressional Baseball Game in 2017.

Was thinking today about AOC and her cry of victimhood during the riot. How she has PTSD. Her comments ring hollow when compared to what Rep Steve Scalise went through. However, the media outrage between the two are glaringly different
=====
“I think after [Jan. 6], I took some time — and it was really Ayanna Pressley. I explained to her what happened to me, like, the day of because I ran to her office, and she was like, ‘You need to recognize trauma,’” she said.

“If I take a couple months and just be really good, then I don’t have to live with this thing festering and lingering with me like a roommate in my apartment for years," she added.

Then we compare her comments and trauma to Senator Scalise who was actually shot by a political opponent nut job. Nothing more really needs to be said when comparing the two incidents

====================

Rep. Steve Scalise and others ripped House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for saying Republicans are "domestic enemies.”

“Disgusting: Nancy Pelosi just called Republicans ‘domestic enemies.’ I was shot because of this kind of unhinged rhetoric. Where’s the media outrage?” Scalise tweeted, referring to when he was shot during a practice session for the Congressional Baseball Game in 2017.

PTSD is tricky stuff. Everyone has their own personal breaking point. Who is to say?
IMHO, AOC, and while she may have suffered PTSD, is also prone to exaggeration and creating drama so it's hard to say if she's for real or attention whoring? 🤷

Steve Scalise, who suffered real trauma from being shot by a nutso, counters Pelosi's partisan, hideous comment with matter of fact, no nonsense.

I suspect Steve Scalise simply represses his feelings. The psychosis comes out in his actions, such as his vote to overturn democracy and his support for Trump's inhumane policies.

No idea why you conservatives spend so much time fixated on her...Do you have a crush?
I have learned that intelligent women who don't back down and question both rules and traditions are serious threats to conservative men and they respond accordingly.

I have learned that intelligent women who don't back down and question both rules and traditions are serious threats to conservative men and they respond accordingly.
So how do you reconcile the differences?

No idea why you conservatives spend so much time fixated on her...Do you have a crush?
Kinda like you guys obsessive Trumpophobia? Wanna bet there are more "yeah but Trump" references from LW posters than AOC references from RW posters on the board?

I suspect Steve Scalise simply represses his feelings. The psychosis comes out in his actions, such as his vote to overturn democracy and his support for Trump's inhumane policies.
While the psychosis flows freely from this post.

PTSD is tricky stuff. Everyone has their own personal breaking point. Who is to say?
IMHO, AOC, and while she may have suffered PTSD, is also prone to exaggeration and creating drama so it's hard to say if she's for real or attention whoring? 🤷

Steve Scalise, who suffered real trauma from being shot by a nutso, counters Pelosi's partisan, hideous comment with matter of fact, no nonsense.
Hundreds of Vets suffer from PTSD without being shot. There is no one way to get PTSD nor react to life once experiencing it.

Rep Scalise might be well to remember tRump calling the press- 'Enemies of the State' repeatedly through out his one and done term.

Might be time for the enemy talk to stop.... ✌️

Now there's some irony for the most astute reader. ^

And AOC supports her Stupid Squad when they launch anti-Semitic comments, all because Israel dare defend itself from belligerent assholes in it's neighborhood.

She absolutely is; she's even making noise about House old guard dems getting out of the way so she and her Squad can take over. She's even mentioned running against Pelosi for Speaker. Scalese is in the GOP leadership of the House, but THEY are in the minority so saying he controls the House is erroneous; he hardly can be said to "control an major party".

He controls a major political party and their effort to destroy democracy.

Nonsense.

Republican Steve Scalise is not trying to destroy democracy. Nancy Pelosi is planting strategy that the Republican Party is in bed with the goofballs who violently stormed the capitol though... IOW, if she uses the broad brush and gets her echo chambers, (media and her dutiful sycophants) to repeat her donkey shit enough, just maybe the left will retain power in the 2022 midterms elections.

Kinda like you guys obsessive Trumpophobia? Wanna bet there are more "yeah but Trump" references from LW posters than AOC references from RW posters on the board?
Would you care to point out my "Trumpphobia" posts please? "Yeah but the other guys" is an inherently shitty argument.

Things are really boring politically.

Side-seat political motivation filled psychiatry, what could possibly go wrong?

Would you care to point out my "Trumpphobia" posts please? "Yeah but the other guys" is an inherently shitty argument.
Nice try. :rolleyes:

I can tell you from personal experiences that PTSD impacts people differently even for the same event.

Was involved in a wildfire entrapment back in the mid 70's on a fire in Wyoming along with 19 other crew members. No real bad injuries, just some minor burns. It did look like we were in hell when the fire burn around us as we hunkered down in a small meadow. Most of us shook it off. One individual had a hard time dealing with the encounter.

No one knows how a person will react to a traumatic event till they experience one. Some handle it with no real affect. Others may take time to process and come to terms with what they experienced.

I will not judge AOC nor compare her experience to mine or Scalise's. For her 1/6 had an impact. Being shot has an impact. We all process events in our lives differently.

And AOC supports her Stupid Squad when they launch anti-Semitic comments, all because Israel dare defend itself from belligerent assholes in it's neighborhood.
AOC is stunningly silent every single time a black child is shot to death by a black thug.
But let's remember, AOC is the victim.

I can't to say but in general terms, think of schoolyard boys who know that their crush is beyond their reach, and that might give you a hint.

Back
Top Bottom