• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone who supports Donald Trump is a traitor to the American idea

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Damn the delegates who will vote for this man. Damn the professional politicians who will fall in line behind him or, worse, will sit back and hope this all blows over so the Republican Party once again will be able to relegate the poison this man has unleashed to the backwaters of the modern conservative intellectual mainstream, which is where it has been useful for over four decades. Damn the four hopeless sycophants who want to share a stage with him for four months. Damn all the people who will come here and speak on his behalf. Damn all the thoughtful folk who plumb his natural appeal for anything deeper than pure hatred.

Damn all the people who will vote for him, and damn any progressives who sit this one out because Hillary Rodham Clinton is wrong on this issue or that one. Damn all the people who are suggesting they do that. And damn all members of the media who treat this dangerous fluke of a campaign as being in any way business as usual. Any support for He, Trump is, at this point, an act of moral cowardice. Anyone who supports him, or runs with him, or enables his victory, or even speaks well of him, is a traitor to the American idea.

Donald Trump's Candidacy Is a Threat to American Democracy

Yep. That pretty much sums it up.

Welcome to the 2016 Republican convention: a four-day celebration of the ritual suicide of American democracy.

With balloons.

It was a nicely written rant. And pretty accurate to boot.

Damn corruptlyingHillary and her rapist husband

Hyperbole much?

I'm soooo SICK of people bashing candidates, saying the world will end. This one's a Nazi.That one's a closet Muslim. That one over there once shook hands with a Grand Poobar in the KKK. The guy in the back is a traitor. The one behind the curtain is a racist...misogynist...plantation master...WHATEVER.

What happened to supporting your own candidate instead of bashing the other guy?

So juvenile.

(yawn)...yet another hate-filled rant about Trump and Trump supporters.

How many does this make now? 15,354,978 ? :beatdeadhorse

Or maybe eating too many sugar cubes.

Probably both. Trump supporters are obviously subhuman and should be wiped out. What other rational decision could one possibly reach? I haven't even read the link. I didn't know Gary Busey could write.

Yep, damn that democracy - a system that allows mere voters to select candidates! ;)

What is the "American idea" that Trump is supposedly a traitor to?

golden_door.png

I am no fan of Trump but anyone who supports anti-2nd amendment laws like Clinton does is a traitor to the bill of rights.

You know when a rant like this was due? 50 years ago when the RNC stated using the Southern Strategy, when they opened their doors and invited in this "darkness." Then 49 years ago. Then 48 years ago. Then every year until it was really due in 2010 when the Tea Party brought out the racists, and Ailes, Murdoch, and the Koch's paid for their soapbox, all so each of them could get lower taxes and more government money for the next two year. It was due before the Tea Party, when Fox News started regularly race-baiting and dog-whistling to racist ****s, which was the 15-20 year preceding context for those racists. It was due when Reagan propelled neoliberalism to become the accepted political/economic system of America, the same neoliberalism that has amplified the anger that the Republican party's been redirecting into religious extremism, racism, and whatever else they can convert into a consistent voters for the Republican party.

Instead, the Republican party and its media-wing (Fox News, AM radio, etc) played with fire, it blew up colossally in their face, and they now want to read me a lesson in morality about what I have an obligation to do.

Okay, just one question: Are you f***ing kidding me?

That was made at a time when companies wanted to fill their sweatshops up with cheap labor and wanted to keep wages down. There was also no welfare, no bi-lingual forms and you were pretty much on your own when you stepped foot on American soil. Besides that a poem on a French statue doesn't dictate our immigration policies.

You know when a rant like this was due? 50 years ago when the RNC stated using the Southern Strategy, when they opened their doors and invited in this "darkness." Then 49 years ago. Then 48 years ago. Then every year until it was really due in 2010 when the Tea Party brought out the racists, and Ailes, Murdoch, and the Koch's paid for their soapbox, all so each of them could get lower taxes and more government money for the next two year. It was due before the Tea Party, when Fox News started regularly race-baiting and dog-whistling to racist ****s, which was the 15-20 year preceding context for those racists. It was due when Reagan propelled neoliberalism to become the accepted political/economic system of America, the same neoliberalism that has amplified the anger that the Republican party's been redirecting into religious extremism, racism, and whatever else they can convert into a consistent voters for the Republican party.

Instead, the Republican party and its media-wing (Fox News, AM radio, etc) played with fire, it blew up colossally in their face, and they now want to read me a lesson in morality about what I have an obligation to do.

Okay, just one question: Are you f***ing kidding me?

I'll just tell you what I tell my Bernie Bot "friends" who insist they will vote for Stein or sit this one out. You can stay politically "pure" if you want, but then don't whine to me when you see Trump-Pence in the White House.

Hyperbole much?

I'm soooo SICK of people bashing candidates, saying the world will end. This one's a Nazi.That one's a closet Muslim. That one over there once shook hands with a Grand Poobar in the KKK. The guy in the back is a traitor. The one behind the curtain is a racist...misogynist...plantation master...WHATEVER.

What happened to supporting your own candidate instead of bashing the other guy?

So juvenile.

Not in this case. It was a specific lie made by trump to incite the crowd. No evidence of anyone calling for a moment of silence for the Dallas killer. No evidence or even a listing of the 11 cities "in blow up stage". Just like he saw all the Muslims in NJ cheering after 9/11 from his tower in NY. He just makes **** up to incite the crowd. Talk about a serial liar. Pretty much a scumbag in the Joe McCarthy mold. No decency there.

Back
Top Bottom