• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone watching the Sotomayor blather?

Oftencold

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
The Dems mostly seem to think it's either a eulogy for the nomonee, or a hearing on Justices Roberts and maybe Alito, and sometimes Thomas.

Last edited:
I'm intentionally NOT watching it as her nomination seems to be assured.

I'm intentionally NOT watching it as her nomination seems to be assured.
Oh, come now! You're missing the chance to hear public statements by Illegitimate Senator Franken, and the dulcet condescending tones of Senator Chuck Schumer.

It's kind of like watching the movie "Titanic", I already know how it's going to end and they both involve something sinking. Boat or S.C. integrity, either way, it ain't pretty.

The Dems mostly seem to think it's either a eulogy for the nomonee, or a hearing on Justices Roberts and maybe Alito, and sometimes Thomas.

Is there a way to watch it online?

The Republicans were treating her with kid gloves. I was hoping they would get at least a little hardcore with her.

The Republicans were treating her with kid gloves. I was hoping they would get at least a little hardcore with her.
Based on what? They won't go after her. None of them has the balls to do it.

Democratic Senator:

"So will you be a Great Justice or the Greatest Justice"

Both parties treat their nominees like that. Roberts wasn't exactly being asked the hard questions by Republicans.

Both parties treat their nominees like that. Roberts wasn't exactly being asked the hard questions by Republicans.

And nobody sees a problem with this?

I see this as a problem on both sides.

He got plenty of hard questions from the Dems.

It was either Roberts, or a cabinet nominee I forget, who was asked repeatedly if he could set aside his Christianity and simply "deal with matters of law."

I'm wondering if any Leftist nominee has ever been asked, "Can you set aside your Left-wing hatred for the Constitution-as-written and simply rule on the law?"

Sadly I was at work. It's a shame, I love these circuses. If bull****ting were a sport, it would look very similar to a SCOTUS confirmation hearing.

-NC

Based on what? They won't go after her. None of them has the balls to do it.

Yeah, it sucks that politicians are so damn scared of being called racists. Political correctness is killing this country.

Sadly I was at work. It's a shame, I love these circuses. If bull****ting were a sport, it would look very similar to a SCOTUS confirmation hearing.

-NC
That may be the most spot on statement of the day.:shock:

He got plenty of hard questions from the Dems.

It was either Roberts, or a cabinet nominee I forget, who was asked repeatedly if he could set aside his Christianity and simply "deal with matters of law."

I'm wondering if any Leftist nominee has ever been asked, "Can you set aside your Left-wing hatred for the Constitution-as-written and simply rule on the law?"

Luckily, anyone so full of partisan BS would never survive reelection. Is it really so hard to set aside your partisan hatred of people who don't agree with you, Goshin, and trust that people are acting in good faith, for what they think is the best for this country (or in this case, how they interpret the constitution)? Come on, we can be better than that.

One of the prerequisites to being a Republican Senator is being unable to urinate while standing.

Luckily, anyone so full of partisan BS would never survive reelection. Is it really so hard to set aside your partisan hatred of people who don't agree with you, Goshin, and trust that people are acting in good faith, for what they think is the best for this country (or in this case, how they interpret the constitution)? Come on, we can be better than that.

Fine how about this...if its okay to essentially ask Roberts if he's able to put his christianity aside and rule on the law, would it be okay to ask Sotomayor if she's able to put her ethnicity or sex aside and simply rule on the law?

the makeout hobo;1058135209. . . Is it really so hard to set aside your partisan hatred of people who don't agree with you said:
It's not really, not for me anyway. I just accept the liklihood that people in this country acting in political opposition to my very broad priciples are acting only rarely from malice.

Even more rarely, are they acting on the advice of serious thought.

Most often they are informed by inexperience, ignorance, certain psychological problems associated with discernment of reality and of course, cognitive deficiency.

I generally only feel this strongly about political divergence, of course, since the lessons of history and Human Nature are so accessible, immutable, and pitiless.

Wow, my hatred of people who don't agree with me... :spin::rofl

If we are so lucky that Inferno returns to DP, ask her if she thinks I hate people who disagree with me. Or, just look in my visitor messages and see our conversations, and tell me if I'm a hater.

I get annoyed with people often. When individuals are doing things, or supporting those things, that take away rights I consider essential, I may well get seriously p***ed off. Hate, though? Hardly.

No, not watching. I figure we pretty much know the outcome, and without mention of pubes on coke cans, there will be no surprises there.

Back
Top Bottom