• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone watching cspan? Whitaker tying himself into knots refusing to answer.

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
If you're not and are able to, watch it. He's about to hang himself.

"Mr. Chairman, I believe your five minutes are up."

-Whitaker

This is the worst Trumpster yet.

Last edited:
"Mr. Chairman, I believe your five minutes are up."

-Whitaker

Good for Whitaker holding the committee members to what was an agreed upon time limit.

Good for Whitaker holding the committee members to what was an agreed upon time limit.

It was a comment meant for pre-2019.

Overheard just now during the recess: "Can you imagine saying that to a judge?...That is just hubris."

Another cultist trying to anger their way through a hearing and is whithering away under 5 minutes of questioning.

Meanwhile, Hillary during 11 hours of questioning...

Hillary-Clinton-bored-now-1-31-18-1068x710.jpg

I'm sure the narrative is already set that those mean old people were just too mean and he had to protect himself.

Overheard just now during the recess: "Can you imagine saying that to a judge?...That is just hubris."

It’s not hubris at all. Part of the deal cut for Whitaker voluntarily showing up was the five minute time limit. I don’t think it was a good deal but I’m not the Chairman of the committee who agreed to a deal then tried to break it.

It’s not hubris at all. Part of the deal cut for Whitaker voluntarily showing up was the five minute time limit. I don’t think it was a good deal but I’m not the Chairman of the committee who agreed to a deal then tried to break it.

It's a cute tactic that would have worked under pre-2019 rules. With a Democrat chairing the committee this will end poorly for him. Whitaker is a stupid man.

It's a cute tactic that would have worked under pre-2019 rules. With a Democrat chairing the committee this will end poorly for him. Whitaker is a stupid man.

The committee chair agreed to the 5 minutes. I’m sure if you thinks Democrats can do no wrong you will not have a problem with the chairman going back on his deal.

Actually I turned to my significant other and said, can't wait to see him tell that to a judge. We know the R's are going to defend Whitaker and the administration at all costs. Mr. Collins and his good effort in deception, watch the shiny object while I pick your pockets. Right to the attack mr. collins went. The republicans are going to make this the dog and pony show mr. collins mentioned, who is going to step up and make the most delusional statements from the right to claim the title of Ringmaster? In betwixt, we'll get some tough questioning from the dems and watch mr. whitaker try to squirm his way out of answering. Can't wait to hear the spin on fox tonight.

Another cultist trying to anger their way through a hearing and is whithering away under 5 minutes of questioning.

Meanwhile, Hillary during 11 hours of questioning...

Hillary-Clinton-bored-now-1-31-18-1068x710.jpg

I'm sure the narrative is already set that those mean old people were just too mean and he had to protect himself.

Look at her and look at Whitaker. Which one looks to you like they feel they are in the 'hot seat'?

I know right! A republican wanting to follow the rules. I'm as shocked as anyone.

The committee chair agreed to the 5 minutes. I’m sure if you thinks Democrats can do no wrong you will not have a problem with the chairman going back on his deal.

Mm hm, that's nice. Whitaker thinks he can wriggle out of this by filibustering Representatives' questions. This worked under committees chaired by Republicans because the chair sets the agenda and can wrap up hearings whenever he or she pleases. And of course a Chair is under no obligation to subpoena a hostile witness back to testify under more...stringent...circumstances. What I'm describing is the old rules. These are the new rules.

Nadler can keep this going all day long if he wishes, and of course he can (and most likely will) subpoena Whitaker back. Whitaker is a stupid man because he's unable to comprehend that Democrats are now in charge of all the committees, can set the agendas, hold the hearings, end the hearings, and of course issue subpoenas. And now he just openly insulted Nadler, and that's going to end poorly for him.

If you're not and are able to, watch it. He's about to hang himself.

If you think BITCH-SLAPPING NADLER = " talking himself into knots", I suppose. :lamo

What we could be seeing - and this is speculation based on the first few minutes - is that the Trump side is going to wave their middle finger in front of these Democratic run committees of the House and do everything they can to express their disapproval with the entire process.

If this continues both today in in the next round of hearings - it shows that the Trump administration is going to dig in their heels and try to obstruct every single thing they can.

The only reason Nadler got some answers today was due to the complete inexperience of Whitaker. I wonder when they return from the break what his demeanor will be?

I know right! A republican wanting to follow the rules. I'm as shocked as anyone.

A Democrat breaking the rules is so commonplace it shouldn’t even be an issue anymore. Proof in people attacking Whitaker for followings the agreed upon conditions. The chairman was a dumb **** for agreeing to the 5 minute limit.

A Democrat breaking the rules is so commonplace it shouldn’t even be an issue anymore. Proof in people attacking Whitaker for followings the agreed upon conditions. The chairman was a dumb **** for agreeing to the 5 minute limit.

Whitaker is dumb if he thinks the five minute rule protects him in any way. By filibustering the Representatives' questions he's just stretching out his discomfort forever.

You seem to be stuck in 2017 or 2018. It is now 2019.

Mm hm, that's nice. Whitaker thinks he can wriggle out of this by filibustering Representatives' questions. This worked under committees chaired by Republicans because the chair sets the agenda and can wrap up hearings whenever he or she pleases. And of course a Chair is under no obligation to subpoena a hostile witness back to testify under more...stringent...circumstances. What I'm describing is the old rules. These are the new rules.

Nadler can keep this going all day long if he wishes, and of course he can (and most likely will) subpoena Whitaker back. Whitaker is a stupid man because he's unable to comprehend that Democrats are now in charge of all the committees, can set the agendas, hold the hearings, end the hearings, and of course issue subpoenas. And now he just openly insulted Nadler, and that's going to end poorly for him.

Cool story Bro. None of that changes Whitaker was correct in informing the chair his agreed upon time was up.

What we could be seeing - and this is speculation based on the first few minutes - is that the Trump side is going to wave their middle finger in front of these Democratic run committees of the House and do everything they can to express their disapproval with the entire process.

If this continues both today in in the next round of hearings - it shows that the Trump administration is going to dig in their heels and try to obstruct every single thing they can.

The only reason Nadler got some answers today was due to the complete inexperience of Whitaker. I wonder when they return from the break what his demeanor will be?

Deflect, attack, misdirection and talk every dems time down the drain on one question which won't get answered. I hope america sees clips from this hearing today. It's obvious and has been that this administration is dug in on any attempt at finding truth.

Back
Top Bottom