• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone watching cspan? Whitaker tying himself into knots refusing to answer.

Dude I’m not trying to protect Whitaker that was something you made up about a point I’m not making . My issue isn’t about people or a party. It’s about agreeing on deal then trying to go back on it.

Womp womp. Whether the chair of the House Judiciary Committee goes over the 5 minute rule or not is entirely meaningless. You think it has some measure of meaning because you called an agreement to the five minute rule "dumb." But if the Chair gets to set the length and agenda of the hearing however he likes, then who does that really hurt? Republicans, who are limited to five minutes, or Democrats who can issue subpoenas and set the agenda and duration of the hearing?

Gowdy retired and is no longer there. I think Jordan is far far worse.

Trey Gowdy had one thing going for him despite his hatred and aggression towards HRC during the Benghazi hearings, he had some legal training as a real lawyer and some critical thinking. Jim Jordan has neither, he's just a grand-stander that tries very hard to be pertinent. As a member of the House Oversight Committee, he thinks he's Sherlock Holmes and just like Corey Booker, they keep trying for those 'Spartacus moments'. Jim Jordan, in addition to wrestling in college, got a degree in education then went on to Capital University law school to get his graduate entry degree in law.

Last edited:
Trey Gowdy has one thing going for him despite his hatred and aggression towards HRC during the Benghazi hearings, he had some legal training as a lawyer and some critical thinking. Jim Jordan has neither, he's just a grand-stander that tries very hard to be pertinent. As a member of the House Oversight Committee, he thinks he's Sherlock Holmes and just like Corey Booker, they keep trying for those 'Spartacus moments'

I agree. Gowdy occasionally made some valid points and was able to acknowledge reality. Jordan is the quintessential far right wing nut job who lives in a delusional world where the Twilight Zone theme is played at eleven 24/7/365.

Is this your hope?

We are all in this ****ty boat together you might one day figure out.

We have.

And its heading for a waterfall.

Do you think we can sing kumbaya all the way down?

That would be cool, right?

So damn desperate for Russian collusion? They are now grasping wildly at anything.

Telling the Committee Chair his 5 minutes was up, well not the smartest move in the book.
But then again, next week or so he could be looking for work and playing to an audience of 1

Poor Jerry Nadler in over his head again? What a dog and pony show from our friends the Democrats. ;)

LOL, Jerry Nadler is hardly 'over his head'. This guy is an old hand at this, don't underestimate him.

Maybe the ghost of Gowdy?? :lamo He is not in Congress now!

Posted Dec 21, 2018 9:26 AM
Rep. Gowdy to Rejoin Old Firm as White Collar Criminal Defense Attorney
Oversight chairman retiring after five terms in Congress

I wonder who it was? Couldn't see the person but it was most assuredly a republican trying to hold up the process. I forget the exact comment.

Appears they are taking a break at the moment.

But if anyone wants to watch the live proceeding it is being shown on CNN Live.

https://go.cnn.com/?stream=cnn?sr

More trying to get Whitaker to answer questions which he's already stated he will refuse to answer, per FBI protocol.
What's fun is watching Democrats FUME with exasperation!

I'm confused, is the FBI good or bad? What color day is this? Is today hating the FBI day or loving it?

Dude I’m not trying to protect Whitaker that was something you made up about a point I’m not making . My issue isn’t about people or a party. It’s about agreeing on deal then trying to go back on it.

Administration oversight hearings generally do have questioning standards built into the process. However nobody is standing there with a stopwatch and it is entirely inappropriate for the Witness to comment on the questioner's time. Either the Chairman can comment on a specific questioner's time or the Ranking Member can ask a Point or Order if he feels a questioner from the Majority has abused the time limit. Everybody on the committee can see time time limit. Its up to the committee to police itself from both sides. The Witness needs to keep his trap shut with regard to committee member's time and answer the questions.

Last edited:
Womp womp. Whether the chair of the House Judiciary Committee goes over the 5 minute rule or not is entirely meaningless. You think it has some measure of meaning because you called an agreement to the five minute rule "dumb." But if the Chair gets to set the length and agenda of the hearing however he likes, then who does that really hurt? Republicans, who are limited to five minutes, or Democrats who can issue subpoenas and set the agenda and duration of the hearing?

Blah blah blah

If you can’t keep to a deal don’t make it. That’s the end of the story.

If the committee wants more answers then subpoena him without agreeing on any conditions.

Blah blah blah

If you can’t keep to a deal don’t make it. That’s the end of the story.

If the committee wants more answers then subpoena him without agreeing on any conditions.

Like talking to a brick wall.

You will find the rest of this hearing confusing.

LOL, Jerry Nadler is hardly 'over his head'. This guy is an old hand at this, don't underestimate him.

I enjoyed the look on nadler's face when whitaker told him his time was up. It was like looking at your son knowing he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Administration oversight hearings generally do have questioning standards built into the process. However nobody is standing there with a stopwatch and it is entirely inappropriate for the Witness to comment on the questioner's time. Either the Chairman can comment on a specific questioner's time or the Ranking Member can ask a Point or Order if he feels a questioner from the Majority has abused the time limit. The Witness needs to keep his trap shut with regard to committee member's time and answer the questions.

Ok so the chairman and ranking member didn’t do his job correctly I can agree with that. While keeping ones trap shut is the best option the witness does have the right to screw up and direct committee members directly

The same Hypo-crats who have spent the best part of TWO YEARS DEMANDING that NO ONE COMMENT ON THEIR SACRED MUELLER PROBE, because it's "ONGOING", are now DEMANDING WHITAKER T COMMENT ON THE MULLER PROBE....in the hopes or RESUSITATING IT, apparently....

Thank God the Dems took the House. Now the American people will get actual oversight.

Ok so the chairman and ranking member didn’t do his job correctly I can agree with that. While keeping ones trap shut is the best option the witness does have the right to screw up and direct committee members directly

Its at committee member's discretion. They are not so juvenile as to act like grammar school hall monitors directing traffic to classrooms.

I see, I think that was the next parish south of where I lived.

They had a good football team if I remember right.

When I was ready to go to High School, I wanted to transfer to the Mary Magdalene School for Wayward Girls and Unwed Mothers but I found out they would not take boys. So I had to settle for their Friday night dances.

Getting ready to start again. I wonder if anybody took the time during the recess to explain to Whitaker how this works? Probably, and like chillfolks I doubt it got through to him either.

I'm confused, is the FBI good or bad? What color day is this? Is today hating the FBI day or loving it?

There's that black and white thinking we've all come to know and not love on the Left.

Getting ready to start again. I wonder if anybody took the time during the recess to explain to Whitaker how this works? Probably, and like chillfolks I doubt it got through to him either.

Hopefully the committee was reminded of the time limit they agreed upon for this hearing.

A Republican asking about the fentanyl epidemic. And that's why the five minute rule exists. Imagine if that jackass had unlimited time.

Back
Top Bottom