• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone VR gaming yet?

I expect him to write code. He is starting to learn the Unity Game Engine.

I would encourage any young person before diving into Unity to learn their way around a good 3D imaging and or animation program

Scripting and coding are relatively easy, but complex 3D imaging and puppeteering take ALLOT of practice

Blender is excellent and its Free with plenty of rescources and tutorials

Steam has " Source Film Maker ", allot of fun and also plenty of tutorials too

My youngest started on Blender a couple of years ago and also makes short animations using Source Film Maker.

Models can be created from scratch in blender and then imported over to Source Film Maker for animation.

It took him months to learn how to animate and puppeteer in 3D effectively and its tedious time consuming work.

Learning how to animate walk and run cycles and jump cycles that flow and dont look like bad stop motion animation take allot of time.

Effectively animating facial expressions and mouth and eye movements that correspond to a voice file take allot of time.

Our Local AP High School in our City offers courses for kids that want to go into game development, but they're pretty picky on who they take in.

My son submitted a 3 minute long animation that he worked on for 3 weeks to get in.

Before spending hundreds on animation software I would encourage someone to try the free programs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom