• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone upset by the DNC?

Hypothetical

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
1. their chairwoman is resigning in disgrace
2. their system of nominating a candidate has proven to be rigged
3. their presidential candidate... well we all know about their presidential candidate and her inability to maintain classified data.
4. she nominated a major establishment pick for VP, in a convention center that bears the name of a Wall street banking firm...
5. the convention hasn't even started yet.

nah , i'm not really upset. I expect the DNC to act like that. if it weren't for corruption they'd have no politics at all.

I do hope the convention gives us as much fun as the last day or so though LOL.

I'm looking for the Wikileaks bombs to get so bad that they end up dumping Hillary and having Bernie take over.

Then.......and only then........this election could get really interesting.

The media will cover for them.

I'm only wondering how many Bernie supporters there are that will change to Trump.

The parties have reversed roles. Now the DNC is the party of big business, RNC is the party of the little guy.

I'm looking for the Wikileaks bombs to get so bad that they end up dumping Hillary and having Bernie take over.

yeah well, i'm good with that.

oh and not sure its confirmed as yet... but Hillary may have given Debbie Wasserman Schultz a JOB in her CAMPAIGN?

Debbie Wasserman Schultz Resigns As Democratic Party Chair

"Clinton also responded in a statement thanking her “longtime friend” for her service. She also announced that Wasserman Schultz would serve as her campaign’s honorary chair."

WTF?

i'm upset about the gerrymandered duopoly. the current DNC nonsense is just the latest symptom.

The DNC is trash, always has been. I'm not upset; I'm just sick of it.

3. their presidential candidate... well we all know about their presidential candidate and her inability to maintain classified data.
4. she nominated a major establishment pick for VP, in a convention center that bears the name of a Wall street banking firm...

nah , i'm not really upset. I expect the DNC to act like that. if it weren't for corruption they'd have no politics at all.

I think it's a bit of a tempest in a teapot.

Bernie was always an outside candidate. He wasn't a member of the Democratic Party, he has never done fundraising for them, never worked with the leadership.

You don't get to run for Democratic county commissioner without some degree or participation in the party, why do we expect it to be any different for any other office?

The system is designed to be 'rigged', since it's a party process, not a democratic process. If you let a bunch of yahoos take over the party and nominate anyone, you get what the RNC has...disaster.

Don't worry. Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow will do damage control.

yeah well, i'm good with that.

oh and not sure its confirmed as yet... but Hillary may have given Debbie Wasserman Schultz a JOB in her CAMPAIGN?

Debbie Wasserman Schultz Resigns As Democratic Party Chair

"Clinton also responded in a statement thanking her “longtime friend” for her service. She also announced that Wasserman Schultz would serve as her campaign’s honorary chair."

WTF?

Greetings, Hypothetical. :2wave:

We all suspected Hillary was not going to put up with having her minion DWS belittled and humiliated because of some stupid e-mails that were leaked, but what does an "honorary chair" in a campaign do? :wow:

I think it's a bit of a tempest in a teapot.

Bernie was always an outside candidate. He wasn't a member of the Democratic Party, he has never done fundraising for them, never worked with the leadership.

You don't get to run for Democratic county commissioner without some degree or participation in the party, why do we expect it to be any different for any other office?

The system is designed to be 'rigged', since it's a party process, not a democratic process. If you let a bunch of yahoos take over the party and nominate anyone, you get what the RNC has...disaster.

The chairwoman of the DNC wouldn't step down over a tempest in a tea pot.

Pissed but a little excited too. Even more so now that it appears Shillary is going to stand by DWS. Since the end of May Bernie has only had a slim chance at being the D nominee, and it always hinged on something big taking Shillary's image down even lower and making her a sure loss. Between DWS stepping down in shame, Shillary keeping her close and continuing to back her up, and whatever it is that Wikileaks has coming in the next few days...... I still wouldn't go betting the farm, but if it were going to happen, this is what the beginning would look like. Supposedly there's Clinton Foundation **** she's going to have to deal with on top of this, and soon. At some point the Democratic party has to start thinking about survival, and being responsible for a president Trump would be the final straw after all the scandals and gaffes these last 16 months. Putting Bernie up would be a great way to begin to patch up their image if Clinton ends up sunk before the week is out.

i will also say I find it odd that DWS is being thrown a life line by Shillary. I would have thought she'd be left to fall on her sword so Shillary could carry on. This suggests that DWS doesn't want to "die", and has the means(dirt?) to extract that kind of favor despite it obviously hurting Shillary's image. Or it could be that the 2 are so closely tied together as far as most people are concerned that if DWS goes down it would have a significant impact on Shillary's numbers no matter what, so they're better off trying to salvage DWS' image.

Either way, just another element of the perfect storm needed to take her out.

Here's for hoping!

:alert HOT SKINNY ALERT!!! :alert

Forget Bernie and the DNC. Forget the fact that Hillary is butt humping Bernie without a care in the world and appointing DWS as her Honorary Campaign Manager. How can Hillary dare to get away with all that?

I now know why and in a very brief version I'll share it.

The short version. Chuck Schumer, friend to Bernie and to Hillary went to Bernie in a private meeting to inform him that the Democratic Party was/is pissed plenty about Bernie's challenge to Hillary. It has cost Hillary bazillions and the DNC bazillions fighting off Bernie. Schumer told Bernie that if he didn't endorse Hillary and travel the nation stumping for her that the party would pull his committee seats in Washington. Schumer reminded Bernie that he has raised about $1,000 for the DNC while Hillary has raised mega-millions. Bernie is an expensive liability. Once again the Clintons win.

I expect that a lot of Bernie people will jump ship before November.

Go Green!

If Clinton or DWS were concerned about PR, DWS wouldn't have been given a job with the Hillary for President campaign within minutes of announcing her resignation from the DNC.

You mean she wouldn't have been hired...if it wasn't a tempest in a teapot?

Clinton and the entire process corrupt? I'm not mad, it just seems to be what happens with anything a Clinton touches.

i will also say I find it odd that DWS is being thrown a life line by Shillary. I would have thought she'd be left to fall on her sword so Shillary could carry on. This suggests that DWS doesn't want to "die", and has the means(dirt?) to extract that kind of favor despite it obviously hurting Shillary's image. Or it could be that the 2 are so closely tied together as far as most people are concerned that if DWS goes down it would have a significant impact on Shillary's numbers no matter what, so they're better off trying to salvage DWS' image.

Either way, just another element of the perfect storm needed to take her out.

Here's for hoping!

I like your political instincts, and I agree! :thumbs:

Similar to the way Trump took nearly 72 hours to announce his speechwriter plagiarist's name, but kept her on the campaign. Why? Because it took several days to hammer-out an agreement for her to take the fall for someone Trump didn't want to get hit. I suspect the protected is a family member, since it's been known that his family members contribute heavily in the speech-writing process. When you're as loaded as he is, you can buy most anything if you pay enough, and then seal kit all with an NDA.

Every man & women has their price, and Trump only has to offer more than anyone else and insist on an NDA. That's why the post-campaign Corey Lewandowski became the little boot-licker he is!

Last edited:
I'm not 'upset', I'm mad. I'm furious. The DNC thinks that if they hold the gun that is Donald Trump to America's head we'll vote for Hillary Clinton.

I don't negotiate with terrorists.

In fact, to be quite honest I'm a bit hysterical over the whole situation.

I expect leftists to behave this way. So I'm not mad, I'm LMAO. Comrade BS ought to run as a Greenie.

I know this is off topic but what about this fence the left is erecting? Four miles of it. What do you suppose it's for? Protection against their fellow leftists?

Upset by them? No.

Shocked by any of this? No.

Glad to see them implode on the eve of their convention? Yes.

Desperately wishing the Republicans had nominated someone decent to oppose Clinton? More than life itself.

Upset by them? No.

Shocked by any of this? No.

Glad to see them implode on the eve of their convention? Yes.

Desperately wishing the Republicans had nominated someone decent to oppose Clinton? More than life itself.

Greetings, tres borrachos. :2wave:

:agree: Those who believe in reincarnation teach that people choose to come back for a particular reason. If that is true, I sure wish I had an inkling why I chose now! If life is indeed the universe's chess game, why did I choose to be a pawn - a knight or a rook would have been a lot more fun, especially with the choices we've been given today! :sigh: :lamo

If they did that, they'd lose about 90% of the moderate Dem. voters. Sanders is the darling of the man-bun crowd, not the rank and file Dems. Dumping Clinton for Sanders would mean that all Trump would have to do is make a weekly appearance, have his kids hit the rallies to cheer him on and keep from saying anything really stupid and the Oval Office is his. But if the DNC sticks with Hillary, it means losing a serious number of the man-bun crowd and that may very well cost her any chance she had at the election. I think that this election sits on a razor's edge and if Clinton doesn't find a way to handle this and come out clean, she's in a world of crap. Personally, I think that she'll throw DWS under the bus and get as much of this stuck to her as possible and DWS is just enough of "Party before All" loyalist to roll over and take it.

Back
Top Bottom