• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone taken measures in case of a nuclear exchange?

Simpletruther

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Like iodine? I hear some in Europe were hitting iodine hard.

Or scouted out shelters, extra pantry items etc?

I don't live in a major metropolitan city, and I can't figure out if my city is a target. I want to know so I can head right away to ground zero.

Hey, how are vaccine mandates looking to you these days?

Oh yeah, better buy up all the toilet paper again you doomsday preppers.
Won't wear a mask, but will buy hundreds of rolls of TP out of fear they won't be able to wipe their ass....talk about fear-driven.
Better buy pallets of ammo while you're at it.

I still remember duct tape and plastic wrap, my house is still hermetically sealed…..

No doubt my area is one of the first hit, take us out take out the Atlantic fleet just about. The only preparation I would have is drive towards cloud to get it over fast.

My city is a major target. I will be sure to clean the sidewalk outside so when I'm vaporized it will make a clear silhouette of my shadow.
1646434488549.png

I’ve had potassium iodine tablets on hand for years. Part of it was growing up in proximity to a nuclear power plant 🤷‍♀️ PA made them available so it’s just a habit to keep them in my medicine cabinet at this point.
View attachment 67378223
Stock up now before these vintage bomb shelters are sold out.

LOL. I remember those drills from childhood - that and sitting in the hallway with books over our heads 😂

The 80’s were a trip.

I'm 16 miles as the crow flies from a critical naval communications facility, so I figure when the sirens go off I might as well bend down and kiss my ass goodbye. I'm heading straight for the roof and do a dance to Here Comes the Sun.

I'm so glad our biggest allies are the Pacific and Atlantic Ocean's

What, you wanna take 15 days to rot, not 14?

I'm 16 miles as the crow flies from a critical naval communications facility, so I figure when the sirens go off I might as well bend down and kiss my ass goodbye. I'm heading straight for the roof and do a dance to Here Comes the Sun.

You probably don't want to do that.

The biggest bomb tested was this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba

The weapons lined up for use have significantly lower payloads. There's just no point other than shock and awe, and the delivery is a problem. Meaning that you won't get vaporized at 16 miles. However, if you are on your roof and wearing black or dark colors, you might just melt a bunch of your skin off and blind yourself, then die of that and radiation poisoning. Better to avoid the whole skin melting thing.

There's no point in me taking measures as I'm relatively close to London and a few military bases.
WW3 for me will last about 4 and a half minutes (the UK has a 4 minute warning system) and then I'll be vaporized along with everyone else in the UK.
Even if I magically survive unharmed I'm most likely going to die quickly as the entire country will be a radioactive hole in the ground with the chance of help being less than nill.

Yep, WW3 sucks massively for the UK which is why our nuclear subs have a letter of last resort which tells the boat commanders what to do in the event that the UK is a smocking pile of history.

What, you wanna take 15 days to rot, not 14?

You probably don't want to do that.

The biggest bomb tested was this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba

The weapons lined up for use have significantly lower payloads. There's just no point other than shock and awe, and the delivery is a problem. Meaning that you won't get vaporized at 16 miles. However, if you are on your roof and wearing black or dark colors, you might just melt a bunch of your skin off and blind yourself, then die of that and radiation poisoning. Better to avoid the whole skin melting thing.
Thanks for the tip.

I've taken no measures in the least, and give the possibility of nuclear war little thought.

If it happens, it happens, nothing much can be done about it.

My city is a major target. I will be sure to clean the sidewalk outside so when I'm vaporized it will make a clear silhouette of my shadow.
That's exactly how I look at it. I live 14 miles as the crow flies from DC. If the big one hits DC, we won't feel it. I have other things to worry about.

I’ve had potassium iodine tablets on hand for years. Part of it was growing up in proximity to a nuclear power plant 🤷‍♀️ PA made them available so it’s just a habit to keep them in my medicine cabinet at this point.

LOL. I remember those drills from childhood - that and sitting in the hallway with books over our heads 😂

The 80’s were a trip.
The 80s? I was in 2nd grade during the Cuba missile crisis. Your drills didn't compare.

CDC guidelines call for assuming the “Nuclear Attack Preparation Position” (NAPP). It can be a bit tricking for the mobility impaired, but it essentially amounts to sitting on a solid, straight-backed chair, spreading your knees as far apart as they can go, bending at the waste to your fullest extend, and then kissing your ass goodbye.

We probably shouldn't be normalizing the thought of nuclear war like this. It should be unthinkable, and any roads leading to it.

Imagine being butt****ingstupid enough to wipe out the human race over...wut?

We probably shouldn't be normalizing the thought of nuclear war like this. It should be unthinkable, and any roads leading to it.

Imagine being butt****ingstupid enough to wipe out the human race over...wut?
Ego, narcissism, and lust for power....😐

Back
Top Bottom