• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone sill support the Russian invasion of Ukraine?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The Russians have killed civilians, women, children and old men all over the country we find out as reports come in. A mayor of a city was found tortured and killed. In an area recently left by retreating Russians we see dead people in the streets, some with their hands bound behind their backs and shot in the back of the head. They have shown pictures of mass shootings with the bodies not buried, but in ditches. If you are a Putin supporter you will believe the Russians who say this is all staged, but the truth is, these are war crimes. So after all of this, do yo still support Putin and Russia?

Plenty of people in China and India and the right-wing do.

You listed some things. Others include the Russians booby trapping buildings, houses, and bodies they leave; and stealing humanitarian aid to sell, as well as looting homes, rape and much more. WWII had the satisfaction of defeating Germany and Japan after their brutality; that's not going to happen for the Russian army, though they are taking heavy casualties.

The Russians have killed civilians, women, children and old men all over the country we find out as reports come in. A mayor of a city was found tortured and killed. In an area recently left by retreating Russians we see dead people in the streets, some with their hands bound behind their backs and shot in the back of the head. They have shown pictures of mass shootings with the bodies not buried, but in ditches. If you are a Putin supporter you will believe the Russians who say this is all staged, but the truth is, these are war crimes. So after all of this, do yo still support Putin and Russia?

No I dont support the Russian invasion and never have.

However I also reserve judgement on these supposed mass killings and such. There is far far too much missinformation and propaganda going on.

Why? After the fall of Nazi Germany, there was mass murder of suspected collaborators and innocent people across Europe and in most cases it was local resistance and citizens that carried out vigilantly justice. Same thing happened in Afghanistan after the west left, in Vietnam after the US defeat and many other wars.

Now many of these areas that have been "taken back" by the Ukrainian military were actually abandoned by the Russians and there was a time where no one was in control. Some say up to 4 days, but certainly many many hours. Now what the local population did to these supposed collaborators in that period is the question.... because the only witness of the supposed Russian brutality are the very same locals. So you see a bound person shot in the head.. collaborator or resistance fighter? Or was it a random citizen, so why now everyone in the area?

What I have seen are often grainy pictures or bodies that clearly dont look like they have been laying around for a long time even though it is cold, and that is in areas where the Russians left days before. There are too many inconstancies that need explaining before I make any judgement and frankly the world should follow the same method.

So.... the question would be, who do we believe and who are these dead people?

I hope an investigation by international authorities (one can hope), will find the truth. But I am not going to jump on the "blame the Russians" bandwagon based on pictures from mostly the Ukrainian government.

I want the actual people who did the crime to pay for said crime.. whoever they are.

No I dont support the Russian invasion and never have.

However I also reserve judgement on these supposed mass killings and such. There is far far too much missinformation and propaganda going on.

Why? After the fall of Nazi Germany, there was mass murder of suspected collaborators and innocent people across Europe and in most cases it was local resistance and citizens that carried out vigilantly justice. Same thing happened in Afghanistan after the west left, in Vietnam after the US defeat and many other wars.

Now many of these areas that have been "taken back" by the Ukrainian military were actually abandoned by the Russians and there was a time where no one was in control. Some say up to 4 days, but certainly many many hours. Now what the local population did to these supposed collaborators in that period is the question.... because the only witness of the supposed Russian brutality are the very same locals. So you see a bound person shot in the head.. collaborator or resistance fighter? Or was it a random citizen, so why now everyone in the area?

What I have seen are often grainy pictures or bodies that clearly dont look like they have been laying around for a long time even though it is cold, and that is in areas where the Russians left days before. There are too many inconstancies that need explaining before I make any judgement and frankly the world should follow the same method.

So.... the question would be, who do we believe and who are these dead people?

I hope an investigation by international authorities (one can hope), will find the truth. But I am not going to jump on the "blame the Russians" bandwagon based on pictures from mostly the Ukrainian government.

I want the actual people who did the crime to pay for said crime.. whoever they are.
Ah, so you do support Putin and Russia. That is what your message says to me and probably others.

Ah, so you do support Putin and Russia. That is what your message says to me and probably others.
Err I said the opposite. I do not support Putin or Russia in any way. Am I a Putin supporter just because I dont follow the pro Ukraine crowd on every single accusation?

All I am trying to say..... there is so much bullshit floating around.. that we have to have an open mind and not jump to conclusions without actual evidence.

Back
Top Bottom