• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone seeing anti maskers doing the opposite when they go back to work/school?

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The reason I ask is because I'm a Facebook friends with a guy who is a teacher here in my town.

He has been railing about people not needing masks. He posted yesterday that he had built a plastic shield around his desk at school.

Anyone else seeing the flip flop?

Where I live masks are now pretty much universal.
I have to wear them all day at work and all shops I go in as well and I see very few people not doing so.

s
The reason I ask is because I'm a Facebook friends with a guy who is a teacher here in my town.

He has been railing about people not needing masks. He posted yesterday that he had built a plastic shield around his desk at school.

Anyone else seeing the flip flop?
Now that is rich. But notice, he seems to be building his wall to protect himself. So, he still doesn't get it, and has the same ****ty attitude. Masks are more for protecting others, then yourself, even if they do both to a point. I'd bet my bottom dollar this guy is worried about himself more than his kids. Coward.

sNow that is rich. But notice, he seems to be building his wall to protect himself. So, he still doesn't get it, and has the same ****ty attitude. Masks are more for protecting others, then yourself, even if they do both to a point. I'd bet my bottom dollar this guy is worried about himself more than his kids. Coward.

Him building a wall is pointless. Him wearing anything less than a properly fitted n-95+ mask without valves is also pointless in the environment he will be in, especially if the hvac does not have a way to kill virus such as a UV-C light in the intakes.

The point of the masks are to prevent the spread of the disease. The disease spreads best in an enclosed environment were one spends 15 minutes plus with an infected individual in close proximity. Problem is masks do very little good given the current usage patterns. Most masks are barely more than face coverings that do little to stop anything, as they are neither properly fitted, of the necessary filtration capacity and generally not sanitized regularly if at all.

Both sides of this issue are fools. The maskers for thinking masks of any variety are the universal cure all to prevent the disease when they are proven not. The anti maskers are foolish for thinking masks are universally pointless when that has been proven false as well. Masks of the proper type should be used properly when it is appropriate and necessary, namely enclosed spaces where the airflow is minimal and the hvac does not have the ability to sanitize the recirculated air and one will be there for longer than a few minutes. Otherwise masks are of very limited value.

The mask argument is the stupidest one I have seen with both sides having little clue of which they speak. I personally dont wear a mask, unless I go into enclosed building with high traffic. The masks I use are the 3M manufactured model 8210 construction and painting valve less N-95 disposable , which is one of good quality and known reliability. I wear it properly with a shaved face and sealed around the mouth.

Ranking the 14 face masks tested in Duke University study

sNow that is rich. But notice, he seems to be building his wall to protect himself. So, he still doesn't get it, and has the same ****ty attitude. Masks are more for protecting others, then yourself, even if they do both to a point. I'd bet my bottom dollar this guy is worried about himself more than his kids. Coward.

i'm sure he's telling his wife to protect herself too. she's also in education at a local community college.

Him building a wall is pointless. Him wearing anything less than a properly fitted n-95+ mask without valves is also pointless in the environment he will be in, especially if the hvac does not have a way to kill virus such as a UV-C light in the intakes.

The point of the masks are to prevent the spread of the disease. The disease spreads best in an enclosed environment were one spends 15 minutes plus with an infected individual in close proximity. Problem is masks do very little good given the current usage patterns. Most masks are barely more than face coverings that do little to stop anything, as they are neither properly fitted, of the necessary filtration capacity and generally not sanitized regularly if at all.

Both sides of this issue are fools. The maskers for thinking masks of any variety are the universal cure all to prevent the disease when they are proven not. The anti maskers are foolish for thinking masks are universally pointless when that has been proven false as well. Masks of the proper type should be used properly when it is appropriate and necessary, namely enclosed spaces where the airflow is minimal and the hvac does not have the ability to sanitize the recirculated air and one will be there for longer than a few minutes. Otherwise masks are of very limited value.

The mask argument is the stupidest one I have seen with both sides having little clue of which they speak. I personally dont wear a mask, unless I go into enclosed building with high traffic. The masks I use are the 3M manufactured model 8210 construction and painting valve less N-95 disposable , which is one of good quality and known reliability. I wear it properly with a shaved face and sealed around the mouth.

Ranking the 14 face masks tested in Duke University study
I didn't get a chance to get to this earlier, but thanks for the very balanced & measured post. I'm in general agreement. Though I would like to point-out the additional safety many masks give in relation to liquid droplets.

Safety for me, not for thee.

Back
Top Bottom