• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

anyone remember the Japanese internment durring WWII

You do know the German and Italian Americans were also interned?

The left evidently do not. They are always carrying on about the atomic bombs dropped on Japan. Apparently the lives of our POWs didn't count for as much. After all, they are only Americans.

The left evidently do not. They are always carrying on about the atomic bombs dropped on Japan. Apparently the lives of our POWs didn't count for as much. After all, they are only Americans.

It amuses me that the left only thinks that the japanese were the only ones interned in the U.S.It also amuses that the left thinks that millions of Americans should have died instead of dropping that bomb.

jamesrage said:
It amuses me that the left only thinks that the japanese were the only ones interned in the U.S.It also amuses that the left thinks that millions of Americans should have died instead of dropping that bomb.
Well, that wouldn't explain why democrat Russ Feingold introduced the Wartime Treatment of European Americans and Refugees Study Act, a bill to establish a commission to review the facts and circumstances surrounding injustices suffered by European Americans, European Latin Americans and European refugees during World War II. Senators Charles Grassley (R-IA) and Edward Kennedy (D-MA) joined Feingold as cosponsors of the bill.

OR Democrat Mike Honda's “Day of Remembrance”

Washington, DC – Legislation authored by US Rep. Mike Honda (D-CA), Chair of the Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus, today received unanimous congressional approval, clearing the way for a national “Day of Remembrance” to recognize the wrongful internment of members of America’s Japanese, German, and Italian communities during World War II.

Well, that wouldn't explain why democrat Russ Feingold introduced the Wartime Treatment of European Americans and Refugees Study Act, a bill to establish a commission to review the facts and circumstances surrounding injustices suffered by European Americans, European Latin Americans and European refugees during World War II. Senators Charles Grassley (R-IA) and Edward Kennedy (D-MA) joined Feingold as cosponsors of the bill.

I wonder how long that took you to find that?

jamesrage said:
I wonder how long that took you to find that?
About two minutes.... my google skills are pretty good.

There seems to be thise growing idea that attrocites are only carried out by Europeans and their desendents. Most "lefties" when speaking of WWII seem to forget about the Bataan Death March and the Rape of Nanking. They forget the brutal treatment of Allied POW's (including civillians). Yes, what the US did to the Japanese Americans during the war was wrong, and is a dark stain in the history of WWII, but if you are going to harp on American crimes, then you should know the crimes of Japan as well.

History is a hobby of mine, and WWII is an obsession for me.

The interment camps may have been extreme, but then again, we were at war and taking percautions.

But why does everyone go on and on about the Japanese camps and never bring up the fact that Germans and Italians were in camps too? After all, Germany and Italy did not attack U.S. soil.

Just wondering.

Batman said:
The interment camps may have been extreme, but then again, we were at war and taking percautions.

But why does everyone go on and on about the Japanese camps and never bring up the fact that Germans and Italians were in camps too? After all, Germany and Italy did not attack U.S. soil.

Just wondering.

They are much less known about, and crimes against non-minorities seem quickly forgotten by the left.

NASCAR_dad said:
They are much less known about, and crimes against non-minorities seem quickly forgotten by the left.
Then why aren't more of the right bringing up the bills in congress and not the democrats as I've shown? Seriously, I hate these blanket statements that the right do this and the left do that when both sides are guilty and innocent about these things.

You have a good point, the right does not do enough to remind people of these crimes.

I have read about this as well. That was an event that the people of today could never understand with the media yelling, "OMG, they are doing those people wrong, and sending them into a harmonious state of euphoria." LOL.
Do you know how many lives were probably saved by pulling those people aside. I know that it was not a good condition for anyone to live in. I realize that. But, imagine the massacre that was avoided by doing this.
Pearl Harbor had just been bombed and our military men slaughtered. America was afraid, upset, and hated anyone who had squinty eyes. Perhaps other means could have been set up to avoid what followed in these camps.
We did not know if there spies in the US, or terrorist cells being harbored in these areas. This was another day and time, with ways and means that we could never understand now.
I support Club Gitmo where they send all of the Iraqi prisoners. The media has tried to tear that place up. Sure. The Iraqi who tried to bring claims against the soldeirs there, and ended up being sent to an inhuman Afgan dungeon, I am sure wishes that he was back in Club Gitmo where they respected his religious rights and fed him three times a day...

:rofl
There were NO Italians or Germans interned. Apprehently your not aware of your own hertitage in America..not surpising. Germans are the largest legal imigrant nationality. Heaviest concentrations are in the midwest though they can be found everywhere in the nation. Volksdeutsche had over 800 americans in its ranks. The German Bunds in the midwest marched everywhere in and support of germany prior and some after Pearl Harbor.

German POW as wel were treated far differently then there Japnese counterparts. Germans had work passes. We have a German who was a POW in America he drove a beer truck around the county on a work pass. The Germans at the Rockfiled camp there like him were broght extra food and after the war were brought mail by the local population here.

The left balh blah. Spare your petty partisanship. babbling about "the left" just shows a parroting limbaugh fan spewing slogans.

The attacks on the consitution arre not exclusice to either one of the useles major parties and citzens from all poltical views in the us seem to want to tread all over it. The prejudice and fear against japanese during world war 2 is'nt the same as an entire nation gone mad and allowing legislation that moves the country to a police state.

In anologies to world war two are never vailid it was an enitrely different situation in another time and situation. Conistiant propagada and re hashing of the events of that war seem to lead the ill informend and un educated in this country to revert back to it on every occasion. Turn of history channel and ltry to learn hisotry beyond 1941.

Warning: This Might be a Bit Biased or Emotional-Filled, just as a pre-Caution. So dont Critique the Emotions here because I noted them already.
Also as a Reminder for some People: the Interment of Japenese in the USA was NOT the Biggest stain on American History, they were actually treated quiet well, denied their rights but not murdered. Germans in the USA During WWII were openly Lynched in Public like Blacks in the old days, not a heavy tolll in death amounts but still a stain, and also a Horrible Stain is the National Emergency Act of 1933 and the Renewment of it in the 1970's, Which Gives the President of the United States Nearly Full Dictorial Powers, It is unsure if it is still in effect today, since it was from 1933 -1970's Documented, but unsure now. Democracy has NOT survived.

And on a Side Note, it is important to note the Difference between Democracy and a Republic. Democracy is basically..Bad and unethical. Doing everything simply on a basis of Majority is evil and dispicable. It is the Dictatorship of the Slight Majority. So that means if 50.1% Vote one way, and 49.9% The other, then the Views of the 49.9% are COMPLETLY Discarded and tossed, and the 50.1% get their full dictatorial decisions. This is the definition of Democracy, and its nature, That is clearly why a Republic is better, where the Rights and Feelings of the Minority, or Very-Close Majority are still respected and a comprimise made.

And just as a note: History Channel is Propoganda

Last edited:
The Truth-Bringer

so since u seem to be agaisnt the majority getting its way are you agaisnt the way we elect the president and congress since the majority of votes wins the slot?

Last edited:
Majority ONLY = Bad. Like I said in the example, that you still look for a comprimise in the decision between the two large groups. If 51% voted to kill the other 49%, then if you follow such evil Democracy, then damit you might ass well be satan. Because in those big decisions, such a small vote CANT DECIDE It. Its simply ineffective and unethical.

And in the old days of Electing Presidents, the Candidate with the 2nd amount of votes would become Vice, which was a effectiver way but noo, stupid Partisanship ate that way up

NASCAR_dad said:
There seems to be thise growing idea that attrocites are only carried out by Europeans and their desendents. Most "lefties" when speaking of WWII seem to forget about the Bataan Death March and the Rape of Nanking. They forget the brutal treatment of Allied POW's (including civillians). Yes, what the US did to the Japanese Americans during the war was wrong, and is a dark stain in the history of WWII, but if you are going to harp on American crimes, then you should know the crimes of Japan as well.

History is a hobby of mine, and WWII is an obsession for me.

I don't know any "lefties" who think that or otherwise excuse atrocities committed by Japan and Germany, or think that what the US or her allies did was worse. I'm a "lefty" and I don't think that.

On the other hand, most "righties" seem to think that wrongful or inappropriate acts committed by the US or her Allies are excused because Japan and Germany did worse things. They forget that for most of us, the US has higher standards that are based on inalieable human rights, not on whether some other nation has lower standards or not. they forget that one's behavior is not excused simply by the fact that someone else did something worse.

new coup for you said:
if democracy survived that it can survive the excesses of the Patriot Act.

NOTHING that vile has been committed

Well, in truth, Democracy did survive and thrive due to that desision, which makes one ponder: Is democracy that great if it can't even protect the rights of the people from vengeful mobs?

Back
Top Bottom