• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone Read "Spillover"?

Pinkie

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
"Spillover", by David Quammen, is (supposed to be) a new book written in an engaging manner by a science reporter with a solid grasp of his topic about the transmission of diseases from animals to humans, such as bird flu and HIV.

I have been aching to read it and I am on a list at the library. It's pretty new, so it'd cost me like $40 at a bookstore, I'm guessing. Anyone read it yet?

I really have to TRY to hold down my acquisitions, as books just take over my house. I simply cannot tolerate the clutter, and need to purge about twice a year, so I TRY only to buy what I think I'll want to own all my life and read again.

Of course, I am defeated by the book gerbils who bring in books whilst I sleep, but I do fight the good fight.

Anyway, if you did read "Spillover", did you love as much as the critics have?

Spillover.jpg

Unfortunately, I haven't had time for recreational reading in a while. In a few months, I'll be looking for recommendations. I think there is little doubt that the conditions in factory farms breeds bacterial and viral problems via the constant antibiotics and also the unsanitary conditions for workers of industrial but developing countries (angry bird being largely worker environment, mad cow being animal environment and possibly also pissed-off pig).

I bought "How Flowers Changed The World", by Loren Eis yesterday, but I found it used on Amazon for like $5.

$T2eC16J,!wsE9suw)0cPBP6iYpydew~~_26.JPG

Back
Top Bottom