• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone notice that many "conservatives", "libertarians", people like Tucker Carlson are HUGE nationalists here but (mostly) fall silent about Ukraine?

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Why is that? And I'm mainly talking about prior to the invasion. And I do realize that Carlson has never been silent.

They don't even want to share our country's riches with (certain) people who immigrate here but cared not about one country talking about invading another sovereign country and slaughtering their men, women and kids to TAKE that "nation". Hell, some of them CHEERED Russia before.

I would think the "nationalists" here would be hardcore in favor of the Ukraine and their "nationalists" there.

Why is that? And I'm mainly talking about prior to the invasion. And I do realize that Carlson has never been silent.

They don't even want to share our country's riches with (certain) people who immigrate here but cared not about one country talking about invading another sovereign country and slaughtering their men, women and kids to TAKE that "nation". Hell, some of them CHEERED Russia before.

I would think the "nationalists" here would be hardcore in favor of the Ukraine and their "nationalists" there.
Being in favor of self determination is a bit different than being willing to send your kids to die for people across the world.

You libs in general seem willing to crush and kill your own people if a region decided to secede from the US by exercising self determination.

But you cheer on strangers from foreign lands defending that self determination.

Being in favor of self determination is a bit different than being willing to send your kids to die for people across the world.

You libs in general seem willing to crush and kill your own people if a region decided to secede from the US by exercising self determination.

But you cheer on strangers from foreign lands defending that self determination.
Damn. I didn't think someone would rush into this thread and be in favor of succession from the United States.

The Gullible Ones who support Trump and watch Fox News believe we can build a wall around the U.S., isolate ourselves from the rest of the world, and live happily ever after. The connectivity of the U.S. to the world economy and institutions like WHO, NATO, and the UN is beyond their comprehension. Xenophobia is a very powerful force among The Gullible Ones. Xenophobes lack empathy for other races as well as other countries. Trump’s supporters don’t give a shit about helping Ukraine or any other country.

The Gullible Ones who support Trump and watch Fox News believe we can build a wall around the U.S., isolate ourselves from the rest of the world, and live happily ever after. The connectivity of the U.S. to the world economy and institutions like WHO, NATO, and the UN is beyond their comprehension. Xenophobia is a very powerful force among The Gullible Ones. Xenophobes lack empathy for other races as well as other countries. Trump’s supporters don’t give a shit about helping Ukraine or any other country.
Which should NOT come from churches.

Well said and very true. The trump cult loves Mr. Putin and wants the USA to be like Russia, they can't support Ukraine. They have proven it repeatedly, they hate America, they hate democracy, they want a dictator to rule our country, and rule by a bible, they want an Autocracy.

They are unpatriotic and can learn a lesson from the patriotic and courageous Ukrainians who are fighting for their country and their people and not fighting against them as displayed for the world to see in the trump incited insurrection of January 6, 2021.

stand-with-Ukraine.png

Oh they are getting loud now. They are all the sudden bigger Ukrainian supporters than everyone else in the history of ever and that not enough support for Ukraine is getting done to make them happy and it's all Biden's fault. ****ing skin changers.

Oh they are getting loud now. They are all the sudden bigger Ukrainian supporters than everyone else in the history of ever and that not enough support for Ukraine is getting done to make them happy and it's all Biden's fault. ****ing skin changers.
Come on. It's all so simple. It doesn't involve all of Europe's peoples and economies.

Back
Top Bottom