• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone notice how stable the Biden cabinet has been?

ataraxia

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
In another sign of stability returning to this country since Trump has gone: I just realized how stable and quiet Biden's cabinet has been. Despite saying "I only hire the best people", Trump's cabinet was just one big rotating door of people coming and going. No one could stick around for more than a few months, except his own family members. There was just so much movement and noise and commotion and cussing and hard feelings and backbiting, etc, etc... it was hard to figure out what was what. This did not give confidence we we were dealing with someone who had the first clue what they were doing.

It's a little like the difference between driving in a luxury car, where you don't even hear the engine or know that the car is gliding along the road at high speeds, vs riding in a crickety old wagon where you feel every single bump on the road and the wheels are coming off every 2 minutes.

Last edited:
In another sign of stability returning to this country since Trump has gone: I just realized how stable and quiet Biden's cabinet has been. Despite saying "I only hire the best people", his cabinet was just one big rotating door of people coming and going. No one could stick around for more than a few months, except his own family members. There was just so much movement and noise and commotion and cussing and hard feelings and backbiting, etc, etc... it was hard to figure out what was what. This did not give confidence we we were dealing with someone who had the first clue what they were doing.

It's a little like the difference between driving in a luxury car, where you don't even hear the engine or know that the car is gliding along the road, vs riding in a crickety old wagon where you feel every single bump on the road and the wheels are coming off every 2 minutes.
Stable? Yes. Competent? Well, that remains to be seen.

Trump wanted loyalists.

Once the cabinet members began straying, Trump forced them to resign, then kept a rotating bunch of "acting", so he could circumvent the whole notion of having the Senate approval process.

Well at least we're not telling people to stick UV light and bleach up their behinds to deal with a deadly pandemic. That's a pretty good start, isn't it?
True, but we do have an administration that is telling us that a woman can also have a penis.

And the white house day press conferances are no longer adversarial and laced with hate and venom.
Better than that, they take place on a daily basis. Briefings were a travesty under Spicer, held haphazardly under Sarah Sanders who stopped holding them altogether 3 months before she left. Her replacement, Stephanie Grisham didn't hold a single press briefing for the 10 months she was in office. 417 consecutive days without a White House press briefing under Donald "How dare you question my policies" Trump.

Mostly because it brings out the worst in you.

Nice projection! Too bad it can't explain the OP. Are you jealous of the stability in Biden's cabinet, or would you prefer the insanity of your Dear Leader's? :)

Nice projection! Too bad it can't explain the OP. Are you jealous of the stability in Biden's cabinet, or would you prefer the insanity of your Dear Leader's? :)
No at all. I sincerely hope Biden is a successful President.

Better than that, they take place on a daily basis. Briefings were a travesty under Spicer, held haphazardly under Sarah Sanders who stopped holding them altogether 3 months before she left. Her replacement, Stephanie Grisham didn't hold a single press briefing for the 10 months she was in office. 417 consecutive days without a White House press briefing under Donald "How dare you question my policies" Trump.

It was the blackest time in American in my lifetime.

In another sign of stability returning to this country since Trump has gone: I just realized how stable and quiet Biden's cabinet has been. Despite saying "I only hire the best people", Trump's cabinet was just one big rotating door of people coming and going. No one could stick around for more than a few months, except his own family members. There was just so much movement and noise and commotion and cussing and hard feelings and backbiting, etc, etc... it was hard to figure out what was what. This did not give confidence we we were dealing with someone who had the first clue what they were doing.

It's a little like the difference between driving in a luxury car, where you don't even hear the engine or know that the car is gliding along the road at high speeds, vs riding in a crickety old wagon where you feel every single bump on the road and the wheels are coming off every 2 minutes.
and you have right wing trolls talking about VP resignations like they mean anything, particularly after the last President's rotating clown car of staffers

Yep... The ling thieves, previously proven to be methodically compliant lying thieves are content to lie and steal in line with the corruption they have been trained to enjoy and exploit.

How many peace deals have they brokered?

How many allies have been abandoned?

How many countries have been invaded by Russia?

What's the inflation rate?

How many Americans are holding jobs?

What's the US Trade deficit newest record achieved this month?

It's really difficult to find any area that could be cited to be a clear success for this very stable gang of failing bureaucrats, but they are a very stable gang of failing bureaucrats.

So... There's that.

Actually, it's like a difference between cabinet members being constantly hunted and hounded and cabinet members who are ignored.

Of course, the Cabinet is "stable."

Like it or not, President Trump took an active, hands-on approach to his Cabinet.

But dear President Biden was urged to appoint certain people to his Cabinet, and he obeyed.

As long as those Cabinet members please the people responsible for their appointment, they will stay.

I doubt the President can even name all 16 of "his" Cabinet members.

President Reagan once met a Cabinet member at a reception. He didn't know who he was. His staff had chosen the man in order to portray the Cabinet as "diverse."

Trump wanted loyalists.

Once the cabinet members began straying, Trump forced them to resign, then kept a rotating bunch of "acting", so he could circumvent the whole notion of having the Senate approval process.

Which got downright dangerous when that happened after he lost the election and people like the Attorney General and Secretary of Defense were even more loyalist unqualified hacks than usual.

The DoJ person who wrote his plan to steal the election wanted trump to make him AG to execute it but several top lawyers threatened to quit if he did. The Sec of Defense was in a position for the military to play an inappropriate role from the 1/6 riot to the transition of power;.

True, but we do have an administration that is telling us that a woman can also have a penis.

You're really stuck on that subject, aren't you?

Back
Top Bottom