• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone notice how stable the Biden cabinet has been?

Medicine and engineering are the use of science to manipulate and change what nature has given us, if we don’t like it. Is that wrong?
Our science cannot yet turn a man into a woman or a woman into a man. Where you've seen attempts at it they are no more than a surgical charade.

True, but we do have an administration that is telling us that a woman can also have a penis.
Trump said if you are famous you can even grab it.

In another sign of stability returning to this country since Trump has gone:
Or another sign that Biden is not really in charge--he didn't hire so he cannot fire.

My body, my business.....unless it upsets the right, then its my body, everyone else's business.
What do you mean the right? Have you seen the outrage at people refusing to vvaccinate?

Gender is not decided by genes.
Correct. Gender is a grammatical category used in the classification of nouns, pronouns, and adjectives.

Biological sex is decided by genes.
True.

Gender often matches biological sex, but it is not inextricable from it as gender can be changed. Sex can't be.
Word salad. It is incorrect to say that person has a gender though the word person might be in some languages.

If you are saying that a person can pretend to be a sex which they are not, of course, they can. However, it is just pretending. It is not something that should have weight in rules and regulations which differentiate by sex.

I'm not surprised. 😉
He has you cold. Did you not notice?

Word salad. It is incorrect to say that person has a gender though the word person might be in some languages.

If you are saying that a person can pretend to be a sex which they are not, of course, they can. However, it is just pretending. It is not something that should have weight in rules and regulations which differentiate by sex.
They are not pretending to be a sex which they are not. They are identifying as a gender they relate to.

Long hair and dresses are not characteristics of the female sex. They are gender expressions, and as such they can be expressed by both males and females.

In other words,Trump was the worst President this country has ever had.

Currently, Trump is the leading Republican candidate for President in 2024.

Go figure. The GOP is being led by fools.
On every thread Republicans are unable to defend themselves. They say little or nothing. Yet they are expected to win in November.

That does not compute.

Our science cannot yet turn a man into a woman or a woman into a man. Where you've seen attempts at it they are no more than a surgical charade.

It’s cosmetic surgery. People get surgery to look the way that makes them feel better about themselves. You don’t have to like it. It’s not about you.

You mean he's not on his third chief of staff, second secretary of state, and several haven't been indicted?
Yeah, where are the indictments and prison sentences? We're in year two! 🤣

It’s cosmetic surgery. People get surgery to look the way that makes them feel better about themselves. You don’t have to like it. It’s not about you.
I'm expressing neither like or dislike. I'm simply telling you what it is and what it is not. Though you're right, it's not about me. And it's not about you. It's not even about them. It's about reality.

They are not pretending to be a sex which they are not. They are identifying as a gender they relate to.
Let's clear up one thing. You are using the term gender inappropriately. People do not have gender; words do. It's a grammatical thing.

If you mean someone is taking on a different presentation, or to use the old British word, a style, say so. The term gender is simply wrong.

Sex is determined by biology. Laws, regulations, and rules dealing with sexual distinctions are predicated on biological sex. Notice the period indicating the end of a setence.

Long hair and dresses are not characteristics of the female sex. They are gender expressions, and as such they can be expressed by both males and females.
This is relevant of what? Laws, regulations, and rules apply to a scientifically determinable feature and not to a personal choice.

I know more than one father of young girls who is glad males presenting as females are not allowed in the women's restroom in our state. Just sayin'.

In another sign of stability returning to this country since Trump has gone: I just realized how stable and quiet Biden's cabinet has been. Despite saying "I only hire the best people", Trump's cabinet was just one big rotating door of people coming and going. No one could stick around for more than a few months, except his own family members. There was just so much movement and noise and commotion and cussing and hard feelings and backbiting, etc, etc... it was hard to figure out what was what. This did not give confidence we we were dealing with someone who had the first clue what they were doing.

It's a little like the difference between driving in a luxury car, where you don't even hear the engine or know that the car is gliding along the road at high speeds, vs riding in a crickety old wagon where you feel every single bump on the road and the wheels are coming off every 2 minutes.
Agreed, it's nice to not hear about a new departure followed by a new tell-all book every third week.

His cabinet isn't actually filled with all stars but they seem to be competent and low drama which is nice.

True, but we do have an administration that is telling us that a woman can also have a penis.
Are you denying that gender identity and trans people exist?

You're really stuck on that subject, aren't you?
I think he is jealous of her.

It's never too late to transition if that is what has him so upset.

The adults are back in charge, and I for one sure am happy thats the case!!
We're in good hands with President Biden!

Are you denying that gender identity and trans people exist?
No one has ever denied that. In effect, you are denying that biological sex exists.

Biological sex is the legal standard. Gender identity is not relevant to how the law applies. If there are any exceptions, they would need to be expressly stated.

The fact that Trumps followers are referred to as deplorables says it all. He's a deplorable human of course he was destined to have deplorables in the cabinet. Biden gives me the creeps and yet I feel like he is 50 times better than Trump who also gave me the creeps.

Can we get a young rational non Pedo/Nazi loving President next time?

Also, can we please get the best people for the job in the next cabinet instead of forced flavors of people or Nazi loving people?

No one has ever denied that. In effect, you are denying that biological sex exists.

Biological sex is the legal standard. Gender identity is not relevant to how the law applies. If there are any exceptions, they would need to be expressly stated.
Biological sex and gender identity both exist. Trans people would not exist if it didn't.

Gender identity cannot apply to the law because nobody knows that it is different except those trans people who come out. There is some evidence that it can be imaged with an MRI, but that technology is still too new.

Why does it matter to you and why does the law matter. Are you trying to say that trans people don't exist in the law or that the law might be able to be used to cancel their existence?

In another sign of stability returning to this country since Trump has gone: I just realized how stable and quiet Biden's cabinet has been. Despite saying "I only hire the best people", Trump's cabinet was just one big rotating door of people coming and going. No one could stick around for more than a few months, except his own family members. There was just so much movement and noise and commotion and cussing and hard feelings and backbiting, etc, etc... it was hard to figure out what was what. This did not give confidence we we were dealing with someone who had the first clue what they were doing.

It's a little like the difference between driving in a luxury car, where you don't even hear the engine or know that the car is gliding along the road at high speeds, vs riding in a crickety old wagon where you feel every single bump on the road and the wheels are coming off every 2 minutes.
Love the stability

Stability? I have a question, I know you will not answer honestly. Will democrats loss control of Congress in November?

And the white house day press conferances are no longer adversarial and laced with hate and venom.

Ahahaha! You mean the people who ask questions are more polite. They are handpicked and vetted, for the most part, feeding scripted questions. Steve Doocy is certainly more polite than Jim Acosta, or whatever posturing woke journalist chose to bubble up at Trump or Sara Huckabee-Sanders.

What were the toughest questions given to Biden on the campaign trail and once he got into office?
"What's that flavor of ice cream you're eating, Mr Biden?"

And you're now happy that these questions make for less acrimony and more harmony.
Good grief. :rolleyes:

Ahahaha! You mean the people who ask questions are more polite. They are handpicked and vetted, for the most part, feeding scripted questions. :rolleyes:
That is fiction.

Who told you that nonsense?

There is an adult in our White House.

Biological sex and gender identity both exist.
You seem to think

1. That someone is pretending that they do not
  2. That they are relevant
Why?

Trans people would not exist if it didn't.
So?

Gender identity cannot apply to the law
This is correct unless the law itself makes an exception.

because nobody knows that it is different except those trans people who come out.
This is not relevant. The law only cares for what science can prove.

There is some evidence that it can be imaged with an MRI, but that technology is still too new.
and irrelevant. The law deals with biological sex and makes no allowances for gender identity unless expressly stated.

Why does it matter to you and why does the law matter.
It matters because of the rule of law. Respect the law.

Are you trying to say that trans people don't exist in the law or that the law might be able to be used to cancel their existence?
No. I am saying that the law does not make that distinction unless it is stated in so many words in the statute, regulation, or rule.

It is what it is. if you want the law to change, then change the law. That's what the rule of law is about.

You seem to think

1. That someone is pretending that they do not
  2. That they are relevant
Why?

So?

This is correct unless the law itself makes an exception.

This is not relevant. The law only cares for what science can prove.

and irrelevant. The law deals with biological sex and makes no allowances for gender identity unless expressly stated.

It matters because of the rule of law. Respect the law.

No. I am saying that the law does not make that distinction unless it is stated in so many words in the statute, regulation, or rule.

It is what it is. if you want the law to change, then change the law. That's what the rule of law is about.
I fail to see what your argument is. Your argument is as clear as mud.

Are you suggesting that the existence of trans people is not supported by medical science? Is there a problem that the law makes an exception for trans people or should the law also make an exception for non-trans people?

That is fiction.

Who told you that nonsense?

Show me those tough questions being put to Biden. Don't tell me - throwing softballs is part of your definition of politeness. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom