• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Anyone know who Trumps new 'Finance Chairman" is? George Soros does.

Howler63

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Trump Names Steven Mnuchin As Finance Chairman | The Daily Caller

On Thursday, Trump named Steven Mnuchin, the chairman and CEO of private investment firm Dune Capital Management LP, to lead his fundraising.

Mnuchin, according to his Bloomberg profile, was a partner at Goldman Sachs, where he worked for 17 years. He also worked at Soros Fund Management LLC, founded by liberal mega-donor George Soros.

During the primary, Trump criticized rival Ted Cruz because the Texas senator’s wife worked for Goldman Sachs. “I know the guys at Goldman Sachs. They have total, total control over him. Just like they have total control over Hillary Clinton,” Trump said in February.

Read more: Trump Names Steven Mnuchin As Finance Chairman | The Daily Caller

Meet the new 'boss'...same as the old 'boss'.

What, Trump's a two face hypocrite? If only I'd known before - oh wait, I did. Trump followers won't care though. :roll:

What, Trump's a two face hypocrite? If only I'd known before - oh wait, I did. Trump followers won't care though. :roll:

Trump followers don't care. You hit the nail on the head.

There's even been serious talk recently about Newt Gingrich as a possible VP! LOL! I'm serious.

Trump is not Trump unless he is selling snake oil. Whatever Trump says is whatever he says. It isn't what he means or doesn't mean, however. And when he does say something he means it is only meaningful for that particular moment in time that he said it.

Trump hates Goldman Sachs except when he loves Goldman Sachs except when he hates Goldman Sachs. Trump supporters don't really care about one way or the other.

Really? You don't see the difference between being controlled by Goldman Sachs and controlling someone you hired from Goldman Sachs? The difference between using a well crafted tool for your purposes and allowing that tool to use you?

Really? You don't see the difference between being controlled by Goldman Sachs and controlling someone you hired from Goldman Sachs? The difference between using a well crafted tool for your purposes and allowing that tool to use you?

It's like a cult. Cruz was controlled because his wife once worked for them, but putting someone from Goldman Sachs in control of your finances = no control at all?

The criticism isn't that she worked (past tense) at Goldman Sachs. The criticism is that she's working for them right now, this instant. And that the current conflict of interest led to dishonest financing practices...
In January 2016, it was reported that her husband's campaign was also financed by a previously undeclared loan Cruz received from Goldman Sachs.
But this is the sort of dishonesty that I've come to expect from Trump haters. Misleading information and dishonest comparisons.

The criticism isn't that she worked (past tense) at Goldman Sachs. The criticism is that she's working for them right now, this instant. And that the current conflict of interest led to dishonest financing practices...
But this is the sort of dishonesty that I've come to expect from Trump haters. Misleading information and dishonest comparisons.

He also worked at Soros Fund Management LLC, founded by liberal mega-donor George Soros.

There's no 'dishonest' comparison here. Trump just hired a Democratic donor who worked for George Soros to run the financial wing of his crusade. But that's just the sort of rationalization that I have come to expect from Trump lovers. Willfully ignoring any honest criticism.

A democratic donor who used to work for George Soros?

And you say.....?

There's no 'dishonest' comparison here. Trump just hired a Democratic donor who worked for George Soros to run the financial wing of his crusade. But that's just the sort of rationalization that I have come to expect from Trump lovers. Willfully ignoring any honest criticism.

So he doesn't work for George Soros, a yeti, or satan right now? Oh well then, looks like you have nothing to say that's relevant then.

So he doesn't work for George Soros, a yeti, or satan right now? Oh well then, looks like you have nothing to say that's relevant then.

Of course not. Past patterns of behavior and associations should never be considered when evaluating people for the highest office in America. Why, everyone gets a clean slate each and every day. If you've worked for Obama no one should ever question why you would want to work for Cruz, is that right? And we should never call out those questionable associations on the part of any politician in the midst of a campaign. Or does that apply ONLY when the politician in named Trump?

Back
Top Bottom