• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone in the central Indiana region...

ConstCom

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
that still believes in the principles this country was founded on and would like to get involved please post and let me know. I have been getting involved in many things around here and I see lot of interest from people but no action. Those I have me that are involved have lots of energy and ideas but we need help!!!

that still believes in the principles this country was founded on and would like to get involved please post and let me know. I have been getting involved in many things around here and I see lot of interest from people but no action. Those I have me that are involved have lots of energy and ideas but we need help!!!

You want to own slaves? :shock:

:lol:

what kind of help?

Yes, that's exactly what I want.... Slavery and segregation back, take away all rights from women (including myself), get rid of any moral progress we've made as a country. NO... This country was founded on everyone's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I want to see the government fear and respect it's people rather than the other way around. I want to see people actually stand up and fight for their rights and what they believe in rather than just sitting around complaining about what's wrong... Have you read the Declaration of Independence? Have you read the Bill of Rights? The Constitution? I am infuriated by our corrupt system and how far away we've strayed from what we were founded on. I don't understand how everyone can just sit idle as they continue to take everything away from us.

@Liblady Getting active in the community. Help with our committee, fair tax, candidates and elections, educating others, anything and everything. There are many people interested but so many people are lazy and noncommittal. If we want to see change people need to act. We need to get more people and influence.

@Liblady Getting active in the community. Help with our committee, fair tax, candidates and elections, educating others, anything and everything. There are many people interested but so many people are lazy and noncommittal. If we want to see change people need to act. We need to get more people and influence.

well, i can't help you, but you need to get your people together and draft some kind plan. set your goals, then discuss how to achieve those goals.

well, i can't help you, but you need to get your people together and draft some kind plan. set your goals, then discuss how to achieve those goals.

I appreciate that. We have registered our PAC with a clear mission satement and quite a few members. We just seem to have a LOT of members that come to meetings now and then and never lift a finger for a single event. Obviously you will get this with any kind of group but we need to find some more energized people to help out.

I appreciate that. We have registered our PAC with a clear mission satement and quite a few members. We just seem to have a LOT of members that come to meetings now and then and never lift a finger for a single event. Obviously you will get this with any kind of group but we need to find some more energized people to help out.

you DO get that with any group. you just have to grow your group, so your chances increase. it takes time and tons of dedication. and in my opinion, a clear goal. not just "taking back our country".....or "honoring the constitution", because wtf does that really mean? a goal as in electing a specific person, changing a specific law, getting a measure on a ballot, etc. a goal that you can measure and meet. what are you asking people to do?

you DO get that with any group. you just have to grow your group, so your chances increase. it takes time and tons of dedication. and in my opinion, a clear goal. not just "taking back our country".....or "honoring the constitution", because wtf does that really mean? a goal as in electing a specific person, changing a specific law, getting a measure on a ballot, etc. a goal that you can measure and meet. what are you asking people to do?

We're not anywhere near the point of "taking back our country" yet. We are newer group and understand that we have to start small. Right now we are working mainly with local issues and trying to get the right people in office locally and state-wide in the November elections. We are trying to get our members and anyone else interested involved with the Fair Tax group. We talk about what the city council is working on at our meetings and ask that members go to council meetings to voice our opinions on whatever they are trying to pass at that given time. We have a few candidates that we support but, again, if we don't have members willing to get out and DO things to promote these candidates it's not going to work. We have a few very active, enthusiastic members that do A LOT but we can't do it all. We have clear goals, it's just a matter of (like you said) growing the group. That is part of the reason I've been online getting on these forums trying to find other like-minded individuals in our area. We need active members not just bodies.

We're not anywhere near the point of "taking back our country" yet. We are newer group and understand that we have to start small. Right now we are working mainly with local issues and trying to get the right people in office locally and state-wide in the November elections. We are trying to get our members and anyone else interested involved with the Fair Tax group. We talk about what the city council is working on at our meetings and ask that members go to council meetings to voice our opinions on whatever they are trying to pass at that given time. We have a few candidates that we support but, again, if we don't have members willing to get out and DO things to promote these candidates it's not going to work. We have a few very active, enthusiastic members that do A LOT but we can't do it all. We have clear goals, it's just a matter of (like you said) growing the group. That is part of the reason I've been online getting on these forums trying to find other like-minded individuals in our area. We need active members not just bodies.

i don't think there is a magic bullet...but good luck.

I don't think you really get conservatives.

I don't think you really get conservatives.

My favorite is when they elect a conservative, but the moment something bad happens they are all like "well that guy was a Rino anyway"

Back
Top Bottom