• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone here mod their cars?

Μολὼν λαβέ

Si vis pacem, para bellum
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I have a 2014 Mustang Gt I bought new. I recently decided to modify some factory features. Here it is so far.

Original condition six speed manual transmission with 420 horsepower and 390 Ft. Lbs. of torque...

Mustang GT (reduced size).jpg

Original air box/air intake system...

Original Air box equiptment.jpg

Replaced the original air intake system with an Airraid cold air intake...

Airraid CAI.jpg

This is what the Airraid cold air intake filter looks like. Its blue to match the color of my car.

CAI Filter.jpg

Added yellow fog lights...

89008346-c292-4e96-9fd1-084426f3b324_zpsor9qdkdp.jpg

I started the project last spring when I replaced the original axle back exhaust with Shelby GT 500 axle back mufflers and exhaust from Ford Racing.

I also bought an SCT X4 tune which, along with the Shelby GT exhaust and the Airraid CAI, has added about 40 horsepower making the total horsepower about 460.

It also increased the torque about 34 foot pounds making the total about 424 ft. lbs. of torque.

She sounds sweet too. This is the muscle car I've wanted since I was in high school.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066145580 said:
I have a 2014 Mustang Gt I bought new. I recently decided to modify some factory features. Here it is so far.

Original condition six speed manual transmission with 420 horsepower and 390 Ft. Lbs. of torque...

View attachment 67204990

View attachment 67204991

View attachment 67204992

This is what the Airraid cold air intake filter looks like. Its blue to match the color of my car.

View attachment 67204993

View attachment 67204989

I started the project last spring when I replaced the original axle back exhaust with Shelby GT 500 axle back mufflers and exhaust from Ford Racing.

I also bought an SCT X4 tune which, along with the Shelby GT exhaust and the Airraid CAI, has added about 40 horsepower making the total horsepower about 460.

It also increased the torque about 34 foot pounds making the total about 424 ft. lbs. of torque.

She sounds sweet too. This is the muscle car I've wanted since I was in high school.

I mod my cars all the time....on GTA V. :mrgreen:

Show us your mods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why yes. I just infracted mine the other day.

The only thing I hate worse than working on cars is fixing plumbing.

When possible, prefer to hire both out. Did way too much of both in my youth.

The only thing I hate worse than working on cars is fixing plumbing.

When possible, prefer to hire both out. Did way too much of both in my youth.

Changing your ride to make it what you want it to be is one of the pleasantries of life, IMHO of course. Even if its adding fuzzy dice to the rear view mirror.

:thumbs:

Last edited:
I mod my cars heavily..

Things I would be interested in on a car like that would be LSD/pozi rear end, short throw shifter, ABS delete, tires, make sure their is no restrictor in your clutch hydraulic circuit..

100 shot of N2O..

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066145627 said:

I need to do a few more missions first. I can't use Michael or Franklin at the moment, and all of my modded cars are in their garages.

not my car.jpg

does this count

I mod my cars heavily..

Things I would be interested in on a car like that would be LSD/pozi rear end, short throw shifter, ABS delete, tires, make sure their is no restrictor in your clutch hydraulic circuit..

100 shot of N2O..

It appears you take your cars to a track? The next mods I'm considering are a short throw shifter, maybe Steeda, changing the gears in the rear axle, suspension work, and when the Perelli tires wear out, changing the brand to a stickier summer high performance tire. The Mustang is my every day driver so I won't mod it just to use at a track. There are a few brands I'm considering. Any suggestions?

I'm leaning toward the short throw shifter as the next mod, just because it would be fun.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066146756 said:
It appears you take your cars to a track? The next mods I'm considering are a short throw shifter, maybe Steeda, changing the gears in the rear axle, suspension work, and when the Perelli tires wear out, changing the brand to a stickier summer high performance tire. The Mustang is my every day driver so I won't mod it just to use at a track. There are a few brands I'm considering. Any suggestions?

I'm leaning toward the short throw shifter as the next mod, just because it would be fun.

If your thinking about going to lower gears in your rear end I'd make sure it has some sort of positraction device while you or your mechanic are in there..

For suspension you can't go wrong with bilstein or koni.. I'm not awfully familiar with your type of car but you may want to think about stiffer or adjustable anti-sway bars and stiffer bushings..

A good performance alignment could do you wonders too. Factory specs often set them up tamer for people that don't know how to drive.. With the right sway bars and alignment you can probably dial out a lot of factory induced understeer..

As far as tires I was looking into getting some of these BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 next....
g-Force Sport COMP-2 | BFGoodrich Tires

My car is getting ARP head studs and stand alone engine management right now.. Just pulled the head today..

IMAG0423-small-500x280_zpsderveia9.jpg

2016-04-16-Porsche-Signature_zpsvgw8ytky.png

The car is awesome in the corners. The data system has recorded consistent 1 lateral G cornering forces without slewing off line using RDOT track tires.
(please let me know if the pics don't display for you - I'll figure out how to host them differently)

Playing with lighting. Once all the parts have arrived, this will be a watercooled PC.
First pic has the tubing. Second pic is closer to what your eyes see in the dark. (first one picked up way more of the UV-purple. Real view is somewhere in between.)
edit: fix the yuuuuuuuge

e0LsZdIl.jpg

bmjuvlil.jpg

Last edited:
I just added rock rails so far. Some good off-road tires is next on the list.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066145580 said:

View attachment 67204990

View attachment 67204991

View attachment 67204992

View attachment 67204993

View attachment 67204989

Not in years, but when I did I would laugh at bolt on mods. Some guy would throw an edelbrock intake, a cold air system and a cat back exhaust and think it was fast.

I on the other hand would measure the proportion of my intake rpm range, compression, exhaust flow, then find a suitable cam. If I modified any, the cam would be custom ground to match it. I had a friend with a 350 chevy who had a low budget who went to me, his mouth wrote a check his car could not cash, he needed a sub 10 second car to beat this guy.

I told him with his budget I could make him an engine that would, but it would not last more than one race tops. We used stock crack, rods, pistons etc. We had the machine shop custom grind a cam and personally select his intake and carburator setup after playing with a sliderule. We never did a dyno, but it was estimated around 1200 hp when we were done, and blew halfway down the track, and he popped it into neutral and still coasted past the other guy, who apparently was not sub 10 sec like he claimed.

I need to do a few more missions first. I can't use Michael or Franklin at the moment, and all of my modded cars are in their garages.

Finish thhe game, the ending is three possibilities but all awesome.

I put this grocery net in my Crosstrek.

grocerynet.jpg

Usually I start out with a decent used truck. Over about ten years I modify it into a pile of junk. Not everyone can do that. Most bail out in the later years.

Back
Top Bottom