• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone have pets with annoying habits?

Cephus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
My youngest daughter just showed me that my bird has taken to getting on her cell phone and starting it recording videos. He made a 33 minute video while we were taking down the Christmas tree today. It's all blackness, but this isn't the first time he's done it. Harmless but kind of annoying. Anyone else?

If you leave a trash bag, grocery bag or other plastic bags on the floor anywhere our cat will pee on it. Annoying AF.

Had a cat with a sock fetish once. She collected any and all socks that weren't secured, clean and dirty alike.

A friend has a dog that constantly wants to lick my hand and nibble on my fingers with his sharp-assed teeth. Irritates me to no end.

One dog MUST lick toes at bedtime. The other MUST put her head into the grocery bags when I come home from the store.

Lizard won’t get into the bathroom every time it craps.

If you leave a trash bag, grocery bag or other plastic bags on the floor anywhere our cat will pee on it. Annoying AF.
Lol, sorry that gave me a chuckle. I love cat personalities.

Do you use a plastic bag or similar to line the cat's litter box? If so, I may have found the reason. She's trying to be a good kitty. :mrgreen:

One dog MUST lick toes at bedtime. The other MUST put her head into the grocery bags when I come home from the store.
Haha! :mrgreen:

My youngest daughter just showed me that my bird has taken to getting on her cell phone and starting it recording videos. He made a 33 minute video while we were taking down the Christmas tree today. It's all blackness, but this isn't the first time he's done it. Harmless but kind of annoying. Anyone else?

I haave a dog that is sometimes a spirit guide. and sometimes isnt

I've got a cat that will stand NEXT TO the litter box and scratch, like they're trying to bury something that isn't even in the box. Cats are bizarre.

Our newest puppy spends 20 minutes every single night licking things when we go to bed. Every night. It doesn't even matter what he's licking. He'll lick you. He doesn't care. He just has an overactive tongue.

Until she unlearned them...

My cat has to be fed limited amounts on schedule because otherwise she balloons. Poor cat. Ok. So about an hour before her first feeding (7:30 am) she used to walk up the stairs, stand in the hallway near the bedroom, and just howl. Endlessly. Not "meow...... " "meow..."

But "MEWWWOOOOOO! MEEEEEEEOOOOOW! MMMMEEEEEEOWOWOWO!"

/repeat endless loop

I took to closing the door, putting in ear plugs, lying on my side, and putting a pillow over the exposed ear. I suppose my wife just laid there being annoyed because she didn't want to do that. Oh well. Cat doesn't do that anymore.

If she does it at all - and that is rare - it's in the middle of the night, and solved by me picking her up, putting her on the bed, and going back to sleep. She'll sometimes do it from a chair in the other room....just wanting affection/attention.

Another one: when she buries her crap, every now and then, she seems to accidentally headbutt it. So she doesn't have actual visible turd on her forehead, but it smells. And I have to wash it with paper towels/water. She doesn't like that.

But seriously, Kitty, don't headbutt your turds!

It also happens less often, but still does.

I've got a cat that will stand NEXT TO the litter box and scratch, like they're trying to bury something that isn't even in the box. Cats are bizarre.

Or claw at the walls of the litter box after crapping....instead of shoveling the litter.

:thinking

They aren't nearly as domesticated as dogs, so I think that at various unfathomable levels, their natural instincts lead to behavior failure in an indoor environment.

Or claw at the walls of the litter box after crapping....instead of shoveling the litter.

:thinking

They aren't nearly as domesticated as dogs, so I think that at various unfathomable levels, their natural instincts lead to behavior failure in an indoor environment.

Some cats are really, really bad at catting.

Had a cat with a sock fetish once. She collected any and all socks that weren't secured, clean and dirty alike.

They do like owner smell.

So....one exercise thing I do all the time is to go for a run. So downstairs, on a stool set between couch and lounging chair, I have my running gloves and hat during the winter. She used to pull those off and then just roll wildly in them, on the floor. She'd stop, sniff, and then lick them....then start rolling around again.

Our dog, Betty Boop, has a weird thing about water bowls.
She is terrified of seeing her reflection in them, not just in the metal, but in the water itself.

Does not compute.

BettyBoopCouch1aa.jpg

Our tuxedo cat, Fiona (aka Daddy's girl) will settle on my arm and groom my arm hair, purring her little head off.
Then all of a sudden, without warning, she will wrap her claws around my arm and start biting me...not hard, just clawing and biting, then go back to grooming again as if nothing unusual happened.

Fiona_kisses2.jpg

Maggie, the calico (aka Brianne's kitty - daughter) has the same sock fetish, and a fetish for straws. If you leave a cup or glass with a straw in it, empty or full, ANYWHERE besides the sink, count on it being on the floor and the straw departed for who knows where.

She will also abscond with money, paper money. Not any piece of paper - - MONEY.
Is she trying to tell us something?

MaggieMoney.jpg

My dog snores. She snores so loudly that I can't let her sleep with me because it keeps me awake. She's snoring right now, 3 feet away from me. So freaking loud.

Oh, and she barks at our guest bedroom. Granted, the house is haunted, so there is that, but I certainly wish she wouldn't do that **** when I am about to go to bed.

My dog snores. She snores so loudly that I can't let her sleep with me because it keeps me awake. She's snoring right now, 3 feet away from me. So freaking loud.

Oh, and she barks at our guest bedroom. Granted, the house is haunted, so there is that, but I certainly wish she wouldn't do that **** when I am about to go to bed.

I hate it when mine alerts after I'm already asleep. She has one truly terrifying, heart-stopping bark and goes from zero to Cujo in a second. Terrible.

I hate it when mine alerts after I'm already asleep. She has one truly terrifying, heart-stopping bark and goes from zero to Cujo in a second. Terrible.

That would scare me to death. Lily only barks if there's a reason. That reason might be the FedEx guy or the vacuum cleaner or the phone or a weird noise or the vacuum cleaner or "maaaaa, I have to go pee and I don't have thumbs and I can't turn the doorknob" or the vacuum cleaner (did I already say vacuum cleaner?) or any of a thousand reasons, but yes, she has to have a reason to bark.

I have "inherited" four cats in addition to my two, and one of them has a water fetish. I don't mean your ordinary fascination with running water; I mean that she soaks herself and gulps it compulsively until she is stopped. It's so bizarre. This is her first "forever home," and I wish I could better understand her twisted little mind.

Mi gata, my beloved, bitterly resents the intruders. I have a lot of indoor plants, probably 60 not counting the ones indoors for the winter, and she has found a way to balance on the smallest of pots and secretly seek her revenge on me. She will not use the litter box because nasty boys and intruders use it, and I am continually being punished now. She is 14 and bitter and angry, sigh.

Our cats play in paper grocery bags and cardboard boxes. They prefer to pee either on the bathroom toilet throw rug or, if you have accidentally locked them in a bedroom for a few hours, in the middle of the bed... with a neatly placed poopie on the wet spot.

I have "inherited" four cats in addition to my two, and one of them has a water fetish. I don't mean your ordinary fascination with running water; I mean that she soaks herself and gulps it compulsively until she is stopped. It's so bizarre. This is her first "forever home," and I wish I could better understand her twisted little mind.

Mi gata, my beloved, bitterly resents the intruders. I have a lot of indoor plants, probably 60 not counting the ones indoors for the winter, and she has found a way to balance on the smallest of pots and secretly seek her revenge on me. She will not use the litter box because nasty boys and intruders use it, and I am continually being punished now. She is 14 and bitter and angry, sigh.

Cats sulk, lol. Cats seek and take revenge on any slight, however huge or petty. Cats can give one an "eat **** and die" look that withers the strongest owner, and is unmatched in nature.

Despite it all, I really love all our cats; personality with whiskers, lol!

Oh yeah, almost forgot...we sleep with the TV on low, usually BBC America if they're running Planet Earth or some other nature show.
And sure enough, around 3:00 or 4:00 AM, Boopers suddenly starts growling and barking at lions or ducks, or whatever is stalking or swimming or whatever, with a huge "mohawk" going all the way down her back, LOL.

I was just telling my cat how useless he was...

He doesn't seem to care.

Back
Top Bottom