• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone have horrible vivid dreams?

Mr.Nick

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
?

I just had a dream (and I cant go back to sleep) in which I was a "prince" (very similar to Czar Nicholas II) and I'm reading off the US Bill of Rights/Magna Carta granting people civil liberties and all of a sudden I'm physically attacked by this mob - then I wake up....

I don't have dreams anywhere close to this.

I don't know what to say or even make of that ****.... I don't even know why I'm posting this besides the fact I'm exhausted and at this point find the dream extremely interesting...

I have them on a regular basis, I've been told that mine have been becoming increasingly worse because of increased stress/anxiety. One thing I've found to help, is to drink herbal tea, and listen to soft classical music immediately before going to bed. If you can try those things "set the music on a timer to go off so it doesn't wake you", it may help with your issues as well.

How much anxiety are you experiencing in life over the fact that the unwashed masses are willingly relinquishing their rights?

I have them on a regular basis, I've been told that mine have been becoming increasingly worse because of increased stress/anxiety. One thing I've found to help, is to drink herbal tea, and listen to soft classical music immediately before going to bed. If you can try those things "set the music on a timer to go off so it doesn't wake you", it may help with your issues as well.

I don't usually have bad dreams - bizarre absolutely - but I love bizarre dreams.

This dream freaked me out because I literally felt like Czar Nicholas the II and I was talking to a pre WWI audience, it was vivid and I was attacked by people...

How much anxiety are you experiencing in life over the fact that the unwashed masses are willingly relinquishing their rights?

I don't have political anxiety and I don't have political dreams that's what is so weird .... I don't even find being attacked by zombies weird - I find the fact that I was on a soap box pre-WWI weird preaching the Magna Carta and Bill of Rights in front of a bunch of people that are in history and mean absolutely nothing to me...

Too damn strange for me.

For all intents and purposes I was preaching through Czar Nicholas the II via 1900, right before the revolution in that era...

Last edited:
I don't usually have bad dreams - bizarre absolutely - but I love bizarre dreams.

This dream freaked me out because I literally felt like Czar Nicholas the II and I was talking to a pre WWI audience, it was vivid and I was attacked by people...

I once had a dream that I was fishing and Homer Simpson (yes animated Homer Simpson) was on an inner tube and wolves were trying to get to him and I was trying to save him but then I realized his innertube was a giant frosted doughnut and then I joined the wolves because I wanted to eat the doughnut. I have also had 100% total animated Disney Fantasia style dreams.

I sometimes will have a dream that something bad happens like someone being killed, and after I wake up the next day, think for awhile that it really happened.

I don't have political anxiety and I don't have political dreams that's what is so weird .... I don't even find being attacked by zombies weird - I find the fact that I was on a soap box pre-WWI weird preaching the Magna Carta and Bill of Rights in front of a bunch of people that are in history and mean absolutely nothing to me...

Too damn strange for me.

For all intents and purposes I was preaching through Czar Nicholas the II via 1900, right before the revolution in that era...

Are you experiencing any other anxiety, if not political anxiety?

I have also had 100% total animated Disney Fantasia style dreams.

:lol:

I have never dreamed in cartoons but my dreams are all in colour, nevertheless. :peace

Frightening dreams? Sure, how about a mountain of water? :(

My strangest dreams are when I fall asleep with cable news on. I have some pretty messed up dreams involving whatever it is they are talking about but with a X10 strangeness factor.

I once had a dream that I was fishing and Homer Simpson (yes animated Homer Simpson) was on an inner tube and wolves were trying to get to him and I was trying to save him but then I realized his innertube was a giant frosted doughnut and then I joined the wolves because I wanted to eat the doughnut. I have also had 100% total animated Disney Fantasia style dreams.

I sometimes will have a dream that something bad happens like someone being killed, and after I wake up the next day, think for awhile that it really happened.

I've never had a cartoon character in my dreams. My dreams are generally pretty cool and bizarre and I like bizarre however this dream was insane. I've never had a dream where I have taken on another individuals body.

I do have these three recurring dreams, they're not horrible but they do suck tremendously.

In one its the end of my vacation and I need to pack up my things in my hotel room, my stuff is everywhere and no matter how much of it I stuff into my bags there is still more everywhere + people banging on my door telling me to hurry up we're going to miss the plane.

In the other I'm back in High School, I don't want to go to my last class of the day because I've been skipping it for weeks but its an exam day. Everyone mocks me with "Whoa, look who decided to show up." This dream bothers me because it never occurs to me that I'm not a student anymore and because I didn't skip classes much in High School like I did in college.

The last one is the one that bothers me most, I'm either walking along a beach @ twilight and suddenly realize the ocean is now on both sides of me just before a 100ft wave is towering over me. I have the same sensation of accepting my death as I do these space station dreams I have where I knew the risks of working in a space station and the alarms are going off before it explodes. My acceptance of my death always disturbs me when I wake.

?

I just had a dream (and I cant go back to sleep) in which I was a "prince" (very similar to Czar Nicholas II) and I'm reading off the US Bill of Rights/Magna Carta granting people civil liberties and all of a sudden I'm physically attacked by this mob - then I wake up....

I don't know what to say or even make of that ****.... I don't even know why I'm posting this besides the fact I'm exhausted and at this point find the dream extremely interesting...

I don't really buy into dream dictionary or the psycho-analysis of dreams. I wouldn't think much of it.

Too damn strange for me.

Have you done any reading or studies on that era recently? Just before bed?

?

When I'm particularly stressed, I tend to have violent nightmares and will remember all of the details upon waking and for the next day. Mine normally entail someone or something, chasing me and trying to kill me.

I've never had a cartoon character in my dreams. My dreams are generally pretty cool and bizarre and I like bizarre however this dream was insane. I've never had a dream where I have taken on another individuals body.

I have somewhat regularly. I wouldn't get freaked out by it. It is pretty common for me to phase shift in a dream. So for instance in yours, in part of the dream I might be the Czar; for part of it a peasant interacting with the Czar; for part of it, someone guarding the Czar. I have always attributed it to reading a lot of fiction and having done some acting in school--sort of a subliminal creative process at play.

Are you experiencing any other anxiety, if not political anxiety?

Who doesn't have anxiety at times? I'm a brick wall almost, I'm almost immune from anxiety. Anxiety if a fictitious fear of the unknown - its a fear of being unable to control your own "destiny." Once an individual can understand they have no control over outcomes they will overcome what some consider "anxiety." even then people still get panic attacks - but that is normal.

I don't believe in psychoanalyzing or psychiatry.

I don't believe in psychoanalyzing or psychiatry.

So why bother wondering about the dream at all? Call it weird and ignore it. Seems stupid to try and discuss it when you think the explanations for it are the Easter Bunny.

When I'm particularly stressed, I tend to have violent nightmares and will remember all of the details upon waking and for the next day. Mine normally entail someone or something, chasing me and trying to kill me.

I'm always stressed, but I enjoy dreams like that....

I don't have nightmares. The only time I have nightmares is when someone I love dies in my dreams.

So why bother wondering about the dream at all? Call it weird and ignore it. Seems stupid to try and discuss it when you think the explanations for it are the Easter Bunny.

Because I have never had a dream before where I was (and felt) like I was someone else.

I'm not asking what the dream meant I'm sharing a dream - an extremely vivid one that made me feel like I went back to 1900 and stole Czar Nicholas II body and preached individualism and civil liberties but only to be attacked brutally.

Now that I posted my weird dream I enjoy hearing others dreams - they're very interesting but I'm not going to psychoanalyze them.

I don't mean to sound like an ass either - I'm just answering your questions as bluntly as I can.

?

I dream very vivid, every single night. I wouldn't make anything of it, seriously. Your brain is on fantasy island.

Because I have never had a dream before where I was (and felt) like I was someone else.

I'm not asking what the dream meant I'm sharing a dream - an extremely vivid one that made me feel like I went back to 1900 and stole Czar Nicholas II body and preached individualism and civil liberties but only to be attacked brutally.

Now that I posted my weird dream I enjoy hearing others dreams - they're very interesting but I'm not going to psychoanalyze them.

I don't mean to sound like an ass either - I'm just answering your questions as bluntly as I can.

I don't have a problem with your bluntness. I'm blunt, too. It's cool.

I was basing my responses on the way you sounded like you were interested in trying to uncover the cause of the dream. Even if one doesn't believe in psychology, they would, presumably, believe that dreams have underlying causes of some sort. The evidence suggests as much. For example, a person goes to bed after watching a horror movie and they have a nightmare. No need for psychology to understand the cause and effect relationship exists.

A person who is worried about how people are willingly relinquishing their own rights may have a dream where they get attacked by an angry mob after presenting a speech of some sort about individual rights. It's not psychology/psychiatry/psychoanalysis, it's simply acknowledging cause and effect relationships. It just makes sense. They don't need talk therapy to acknowledge cause an effect.

I don't have a problem with your bluntness. I'm blunt, too. It's cool.

I was basing my responses on the way you sounded like you were interested in trying to uncover the cause of the dream. Even if one doesn't believe in psychology, they would, presumably, believe that dreams have underlying causes of some sort. The evidence suggests as much. For example, a person goes to bed after watching a horror movie and they have a nightmare. No need for psychology to understand the cause and effect relationship exists.

A person who is worried about how people are willingly relinquishing their own rights may have a dream where they get attacked by an angry mob after presenting a speech of some sort about individual rights. It's not psychology/psychiatry/psychoanalysis, it's simply acknowledging cause and effect relationships. It just makes sense. They don't need talk therapy to acknowledge cause an effect.

This dream was so far out of "left field" that it made me manifest a thread.

I haven't read or even thought about Lenin or the Bolsheviks in a while..... Yet there I am in a dream preaching the Bill of Rights and the Magna Carta then attacked by what amounts to zombies.

This thread is a bizarre coincidence ..

.. Because last night I dreamt I was at home when a woman with two kids entered my home through the front door without knocking, and she picked up the phone and started to make a call.

I saw her do this even though she didn't bother to recognize I was even there, and I was afraid.

So I decided to codependently "manage" her a bit .. and I got her attention and I asked her if she was calling a local number or using another area code. She seemed to have a difficult time understanding my question.

She appeared economically challenged, not sure how I recognized that. So I didn't ask her to leave, as I felt sorry for her.

I tried to ask the question again, and I moved closer to the front door.

Then two young men entered who were apparently with her. I felt afraid now. I asked them to leave, but they both just moved their jackets aside to reveal revolvers under their belt.

Me and my friend who was with me then bolted outside and across the street. One of the two young men pulled his gun and threatened us as he pursued, though it appeared he didn't really want to hurt us.

The chase continued through some strange settings, eventually into a junk yard of debris and other obstacles for hiding. My friend seemed to elude the man, but the man caught me and I stopped momentarily.

Though he seriously threatened to shoot me if I tried to escape, he was clearly afraid to shoot me .. and when my friend made some distraction noise I bolted again, slipping through a crack in the fence, and then hiding under something .. but the man caught up to me and found me.

However, he got too close to me and I knocked the gun out of his hand and it suddenly turned into a stick, which I picked up and then hit him.

The stick was very light, almost like balsa wood.

I hit him in the head, but it only slightly subdued him, yet he made no attempt to attack me.

I hit him again, and again, and again, and it was having a numbing effect on him.

I remembered thinking that he was afraid to shoot me, and maybe he wouldn't have done anything violent to me, but I wasn't the least bit hesitant to whack him over and over again, as my fear had turned to anger.

My friend caught up with me, and we marched this man back to my house, hitting him in the head over and over as he staggered.

We got back to the house and I hit him one last time and he fell. I didn't think he was dead, but he was definitely out.

We subdued the other man. Don't know what happened to the woman and her kids.

Then I woke up.

I reflected on the dream for a bit, as it left a waking impact.

Then, as I was eating breakfast, I found myself wondering about and Googling "Immigration bill could cause civil war in America".

Not sure if there is a connection.

This thread is a bizarre coincidence ..

.. Because last night I dreamt I was at home when a woman with two kids entered my home through the front door without knocking, and she picked up the phone and started to make a call.

I saw her do this even though she didn't bother to recognize I was even there, and I was afraid.

So I decided to codependently "manage" her a bit .. and I got her attention and I asked her if she was calling a local number or using another area code. She seemed to have a difficult time understanding my question.

She appeared economically challenged, not sure how I recognized that. So I didn't ask her to leave, as I felt sorry for her.

I tried to ask the question again, and I moved closer to the front door.

Then two young men entered who were apparently with her. I felt afraid now. I asked them to leave, but they both just moved their jackets aside to reveal revolvers under their belt.

Me and my friend who was with me then bolted outside and across the street. One of the two young men pulled his gun and threatened us as he pursued, though it appeared he didn't really want to hurt us.

The chase continued through some strange settings, eventually into a junk yard of debris and other obstacles for hiding. My friend seemed to elude the man, but the man caught me and I stopped momentarily.

Though he seriously threatened to shoot me if I tried to escape, he was clearly afraid to shoot me .. and when my friend made some distraction noise I bolted again, slipping through a crack in the fence, and then hiding under something .. but the man caught up to me and found me.

However, he got too close to me and I knocked the gun out of his hand and it suddenly turned into a stick, which I picked up and then hit him.

The stick was very light, almost like balsa wood.

I hit him in the head, but it only slightly subdued him, yet he made no attempt to attack me.

I hit him again, and again, and again, and it was having a numbing effect on him.

I remembered thinking that he was afraid to shoot me, and maybe he wouldn't have done anything violent to me, but I wasn't the least bit hesitant to whack him over and over again, as my fear had turned to anger.

My friend caught up with me, and we marched this man back to my house, hitting him in the head over and over as he staggered.

We got back to the house and I hit him one last time and he fell. I didn't think he was dead, but he was definitely out.

We subdued the other man. Don't know what happened to the woman and her kids.

Then I woke up.

I reflected on the dream for a bit, as it left a waking impact.

Then, as I was eating breakfast, I found myself wondering about and Googling "Immigration bill could cause civil war in America".

Not sure if there is a connection.

Don't mock my dream....

It was strange enough for me....

I used to have night terrors virtually every night. And I mean terrors, not interesting or just intense like yours seems to have been. Every night I would stay awake as long as I could so as to not dream about being strangled, stabbed, kicked, and all manner of similar from family and/or strangers. Thank goodness my housekeeper back in '88 suggested marijuana for my severe cluster headaches... turns out not only does it KILL my cluster headaches, and I mean KILL 'em not just make them ease, and with only three puffs. Anyway, turns out mj solves a number of my issues; the headaches, the fact that I don't feel hunger so I wouldn't eat and was way too thin, munchies help that, I just have to agree with myself to eat meal quality food and not junk when I get the munchies and I'm able to maintain 105# at 5'5.5", and lastly... I don't have night terrors anymore. I did try a few months ago to do without mj, within two weeks the headaches and night terrors returned, and I'd lost 15#. I know I'll end up in jail someday for smoking 6-12 puffs of pot a day because that means I still have to buy it, and it's still illegal, even where it's not supposed to be. But as you can imagine, I"ll risk it. It's sure WAY safer than the docs solutions to my headaches (2 darvocet + 2 vicodin 3-5 times a day) or the night terrors (valium) both of which made me at the very least loopy. Three puffs of pot 3-4 times a day does nothing to alter my sense of reality.

I used to have night terrors virtually every night. And I mean terrors, not interesting or just intense like yours seems to have been. Every night I would stay awake as long as I could so as to not dream about being strangled, stabbed, kicked, and all manner of similar from family and/or strangers. Thank goodness my housekeeper back in '88 suggested marijuana for my severe cluster headaches... turns out not only does it KILL my cluster headaches, and I mean KILL 'em not just make them ease, and with only three puffs. Anyway, turns out mj solves a number of my issues; the headaches, the fact that I don't feel hunger so I wouldn't eat and was way too thin, munchies help that, I just have to agree with myself to eat meal quality food and not junk when I get the munchies and I'm able to maintain 105# at 5'5.5", and lastly... I don't have night terrors anymore. I did try a few months ago to do without mj, within two weeks the headaches and night terrors returned, and I'd lost 15#. I know I'll end up in jail someday for smoking 6-12 puffs of pot a day because that means I still have to buy it, and it's still illegal, even where it's not supposed to be. But as you can imagine, I"ll risk it. It's sure WAY safer than the docs solutions to my headaches (2 darvocet + 2 vicodin 3-5 times a day) or the night terrors (valium) both of which made me at the very least loopy. Three puffs of pot 3-4 times a day does nothing to alter my sense of reality.

Move to Colorado. ;)

Don't mock my dream....

It was strange enough for me....
I'm telling you the truth.

The dream I had last night is just how I described it.

I'm not mocking you in any way.

The dream, as I described it, happened last night, and the detail of my dream was vivid also.

Just a coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom