• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Anyone getting the NFL pre-season jitters?

Hoot said:
I'm a STL fan, do or die, but as far as the Rams this year they'll be lucky to have an 8-8 record.
If they manage to get to 9-7, they could squeeze into a wild card spot, and as we all know...once in the playoffs, anything can happen?
Thats exactly how I feel...but see, you can't show any weakness to those obsessed with Chicago sports. They're idiots, but they'll jump all over you at the first sight of blood (thats you, galenrox). ;)

I'm actually very excited about the Pre-Season Browns. They have a good schedule this year (at least better than last year) and I'm really pumped to see what Braylon Edwards can do for the team. I saw him play at Michigan and whoa boy. He's amazing!

topgun146 said:
Wooohooo!

Time for the Packers to open up a new case of whupa**! I got my cheesehead ready the other day, this is gonna be the season! It's time for a new Lombardi era to be ushered in!
I'm in niner territory... been a fan all my life and it HAS been a crappy few years...
LUCKILY- my first love has always been the Packers! WOOT! Cheeseheads! :lol:

Lilith said:
I'm in niner territory... been a fan all my life and it HAS been a crappy few years...
As a devoted Rams fan, I assure you that I relish in every Niners loss. Actually, the last few years have been great for Niners haters everywhere. Serves you guys right for destroying my Rams all those years.

rudy0908 said:
As a devoted Rams fan, I assure you that I relish in every Niners loss. Actually, the last few years have been great for Niners haters everywhere. Serves you guys right for destroying my Rams all those years.
We didnt' have to do much... St. Louis really fixed em up though... ;)

Lilith said:

I'm really starting you like you.

rudy0908 said:

You I'm not liking so much these days.

But seriously when I was a kid the LA Rams used to kick the crap out of my Niners all the time.

Pacridge said:
You I'm not liking so much these days.

But seriously when I was a kid the LA Rams used to kick the crap out of my Niners all the time.
I wasn't really aware of the NFL until the Rams moved, so I missed out on that fun.

And the Packers are damn awesome too, lets hope they can gett one for Brett so he can retire on top. What a player and all-around awesome guy.

rudy0908 said:
I wasn't really aware of the NFL until the Rams moved, so I missed out on that fun.

And the Packers are damn awesome too, lets hope they can gett one for Brett so he can retire on top. What a player and all-around awesome guy.

Yeah sucks to be old.

I really like the Packers. I mean if Red Foreman likes them...

Pacridge said:
Yeah sucks to be old.

I really like the Packers. I mean if Red Foreman likes them...

I am from Wisconsin. It is an unwritten law to be a Packer's fan here. It is definately a football state. I wore a 49ers logo once to a Packer vs. 49ers game party. It was a joke but they all took it seriously. I thought I was going to be killed. (Never did that again). The rivalry between the Packers and the Bears is also seriously intense. I went to a Packer vs Bears game in Illinois (it is impossible to get tickets to Lambeau Field) a few years ago and there were 6 fights in my section alone. The news said over 150 people were arrested for fighting that night in the stadium.

I wish I could say the Packers were going to go far this season, but with all the new players we have, I doubt it. We let a lot of the experienced players go this off-season. I think Favre is hoping to stick around for awhile so the new players will become better and then he can lead them to a Superbowl.

I have heard that there are a lot of Packer bars and clubs all over the country. Is this true? Anyone ever been to one?

alex said:
I am from Wisconsin. It is an unwritten law to be a Packer's fan here. It is definately a football state. I wore a 49ers logo once to a Packer vs. 49ers game party. It was a joke but they all took it seriously. I thought I was going to be killed. (Never did that again). The rivalry between the Packers and the Bears is also seriously intense. I went to a Packer vs Bears game in Illinois (it is impossible to get tickets to Lambeau Field) a few years ago and there were 6 fights in my section alone. The news said over 150 people were arrested for fighting that night in the stadium.

I wish I could say the Packers were going to go far this season, but with all the new players we have, I doubt it. We let a lot of the experienced players go this off-season. I think Favre is hoping to stick around for awhile so the new players will become better and then he can lead them to a Superbowl.

I have heard that there are a lot of Packer bars and clubs all over the country. Is this true? Anyone ever been to one?

I've been to a Packers' bar in South Dakota, not too far from Sturgis. It was just down the street from a Jimmy Buffett bar. I think it was in a place called Theme Bar, SD. I've also been to one in in the Florida Keys. Marathon Key maybe? It was about half way between Miami and Key West.

Pre-season Jitters? I live in Ohio. Specifically Cincinnati. The Jungle. Home of the Bengals. My only hope is that we make it to the play offs this year.

guns_God_glory said:
Pre-season Jitters? I live in Ohio. Specifically Cincinnati. The Jungle. Home of the Bengals. My only hope is that we make it to the play offs this year.

I am a Pats fan, but I have long had a soft spot for the Bengals. Don't know why. I wish your boys good luck.

Lilith said:
We didnt' have to do much... St. Louis really fixed em up though... ;)
**** them both, it's the Bears world, you're all just living in it!

The Chiefs actually have talent on defense this year. INSANITY.

rudy0908 said:
I can't remember the last time the Bears kicked anyone's ass consistently. However, ex-Rams coach Lovie Smith is coaching them, so atleast someone in Chicago has been a winner before. Man, STL kicks ass in sports, eh galenrox?
St Louis, and the entire state of missouri is a failure in every possible imaginable way!

Booooo Packers! Booooooooooooooo!

guns_God_glory said:

Pfft. Good luck. The bengals think they have this weird rivalry with the browns, but no browns fan is willing to recognize it. We all know our real beef is with the steelers. I'll be home for christmas this year and the browns are giong to whip the steelers on christmas eve... that's all I care about.

Mikkel said:
Pfft. Good luck. The bengals think they have this weird rivalry with the browns, but no browns fan is willing to recognize it. We all know our real beef is with the steelers. I'll be home for christmas this year and the browns are giong to whip the steelers on christmas eve... that's all I care about.
browns and steelers! HA! That's a mismatch if I've ever heard of one!
I thought the Bengals were feuding with someone else, I forget who, but I remember hearing it was with someone else. It's real rare to have the major feud be in state.

Oh yeah, let's get it on baby!!!

Wale_main091704.jpg

cnredd said:
Vegas has the Eagles as the favorite in the NFC...4-1 odds they go to the Super Bowl.

Not this year they won't. Your cancer boy Owens has already pissed off his teammates and fan base, not to mention the front office and coaching staff.
A great talent, but a loser for a team player.Westbrook hasn't shown up for camp, McNabb keeps assuring himself that he's a great QB (Super Choke in the Super Bowl, Owens called that right). McDougle's been shot, literally.
5 years in a row to the NFC Championship game is tough for a great team, with great chemistry and healthy players.Your luck runs out this year.
Go Cowboy's!

Mikkel said:
this year Chad Johnsons gonna back it up when he talks smack to cleavland.

GottaHurt said:
Not this year they won't. Your cancer boy Owens has already pissed off his teammates and fan base, not to mention the front office and coaching staff.
A great talent, but a loser for a team player.Westbrook hasn't shown up for camp, McNabb keeps assuring himself that he's a great QB (Super Choke in the Super Bowl, Owens called that right). McDougle's been shot, literally.
5 years in a row to the NFC Championship game is tough for a great team, with great chemistry and healthy players.Your luck runs out this year.
Go Cowboy's!
TO has an attitude problem thats going to hold the Eagles back. He needs to remember what he is playing ths game for.

guns_God_glory said:
this year Chad Johnsons gonna back it up when he talks smack to cleavland.

LOL, whatever you say. Chad Johnson's a clown.

Da Bears!!!

Back
Top Bottom