• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Anyone Else Sick of this Debate?

Felicity said:
I can see your distinction--but when you get right down to it--you get a nose job because you don't like your nose--you get a tubal because you don't like your fertility.

I like my fertility just fine. But I am forty years old and have had three children. I feel no malice or revulsion towards my reproductive organs.

mixedmedia said:
I like my fertility just fine.
Yeah...now that you're "fixed."

But I am forty years old and have had three children. I feel no malice or revulsion towards my reproductive organs.
You don't have to "hate" something to disrespect it. Or be disrespectful toward it.

BTW--that was my "bluntness"--I'm not trying to be insulting...:3oops:

Felicity said:
Yeah...now that you're "fixed."
No I even liked it when I was carrying and birthing my children. :2wave:

You don't have to "hate" something to disrespect it. Or be disrespectful toward it.
To you, it is disrespectful. To me it is practical. Situations like this is where it would be best to be cognizant of the place of your beliefs.

Felicity said:
BTW--that was my "bluntness"--I'm not trying to be insulting...:3oops:

Granted......

mixedmedia said:
No I even liked it when I was carrying and birthing my children. :2wave:

To you, it is disrespectful. To me it is practical. Situations like this is where it would be best to be cognizant of the place of your beliefs.
Well...I get where you're coming from--and I think you get where I'm coming from--we each think the other is wrong...but....:confused:

Where's the fun in that?:lol:

HEY! I THOUGHT WE WERE SICK OF THIS DEBATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are supposed to be whining and bitching about how we are sick of this debate. Not debating it!

Caine said:

We are supposed to be whining and bitching about how we are sick of this debate. Not debating it!
HEY!!! I'm whining and bitching because I can't find anything to argue with mixedmedia about! Now get offa my back!!!!

Caine said:

Oh, toughen up, you.
Besides we're talking about birth control, not abortion. I am not sick of the debate on birth control.
I am also not sick of the debate on the use of large, colored fonts. :mrgreen:

They are good stuff, those large, colored fonts ;)

Felicity said:
I can see your distinction--but when you get right down to it--you get a nose job because you don't like your nose--you get a tubal because you don't like your fertility.

I would have to disagree with that. It's not so much that a woman doesn't like her fertility. I know that in my mother's case, she would have been very high risk if she had tried to have another child after me, so she had her tubes tied to prevent being placed in that situation. Other women have the procedure done because they only wanted a certain number of children, and once they achieve that goal, there is no sense for them to have to take birth control until they reach menopause.

There's plenty of other reasons why a woman would have a tubal ligation, but I don't think most cases have anything to do with not liking their fertility....they are simply exercising a more effective option to have control over it.

Stace said:
I would have to disagree with that. It's not so much that a woman doesn't like her fertility. I know that in my mother's case, she would have been very high risk if she had tried to have another child after me, so she had her tubes tied to prevent being placed in that situation. Other women have the procedure done because they only wanted a certain number of children, and once they achieve that goal, there is no sense for them to have to take birth control until they reach menopause.

There's plenty of other reasons why a woman would have a tubal ligation, but I don't think most cases have anything to do with not liking their fertility....they are simply exercising a more effective option to have control over it.
I get your mom thing...I'll have to think about that--but your other example is the same as "not liking" being fertile.

'kay...that was a quick think...cautious monitoring of the cycle works as well as artificial methods--better sometimes!

Felicity said:
'kay...that was a quick think...cautious monitoring of the cycle works as well as artificial methods--better sometimes!

Sometimes....:2razz: I've been trying to monitor my cycle for the past...gosh, almost 2 years now, in hopes of better timing to try and get pregnant. But my cycle got really messed up when I was on Depo Provera for three months (1 shot) and still hasn't evened out, so in my experience at least, that's really hard :lol:

Stace said:
Sometimes....:2razz: I've been trying to monitor my cycle for the past...gosh, almost 2 years now, in hopes of better timing to try and get pregnant. But my cycle got really messed up when I was on Depo Provera for three months (1 shot) and still hasn't evened out, so in my experience at least, that's really hard :lol:
Stace--need I point out the obvious concerning what you say here about your experience with BC?

my cycle got really messed up when I was on Depo Provera

Seems like your saying it WASN'T messed up before the medication of your healthy body.

Are you doing strictly mucas change? I find that, and cervical opening to be the most reliable indicators of my fertile period since my temps are all over the place and rarely make a clear shift. If that TMI (sorry:cool: )

Felicity said:
Stace--need I point out the obvious concerning what you say here about your experience with BC?

my cycle got really messed up when I was on Depo Provera

Seems like your saying it WASN'T messed up before the medication of your healthy body.

Are you doing strictly mucas change? I find that, and cervical opening to be the most reliable indicators of my fertile period since my temps are all over the place and rarely make a clear shift. If that TMI (sorry:cool: )

Yeah, I was regular as clockwork before the Depo....I would never recommend that stuff to anyone. Granted, it affects everyone differently, but I find it pretty ridiculous that I'm still experiencing the side effects two years later....:(

Right now I'm not actively charting anything other than cycle length....We're not actively TTC right now, waiting for hubby to start his new job and for those medical benefits to kick in.

Stace said:
Yeah, I was regular as clockwork before the Depo....I would never recommend that stuff to anyone. Granted, it affects everyone differently, but I find it pretty ridiculous that I'm still experiencing the side effects two years later....:(

Right now I'm not actively charting anything other than cycle length....We're not actively TTC right now, waiting for hubby to start his new job and for those medical benefits to kick in.
Sorry to hear about your trouble. I had major issues with mood swing when I was on the pill years ago--also I could NEVER tell the actual cycle then because the only thing that indicated to me I was due for a period was that I was on the green pills--no mucas change at all and barely any period. I suppose that second part was nice, but not worth the rest of it and again...I don't KNOW for a fact that the third method of prevention--a hostile uterine environment--didn't unknowingly remove a life from my womb. DEFINITELY not worth it in my book.

Well--when you want to try to get pregnant. I'd advise not to do EVERYTHING that indicates fertility because sometimes the clues don't jive perfectly. In my experience--one or two types of check suffice and are the clearest. good luck when you're ready!

Lefty said:
I'm so sick of hearing about abortion. Am I the only one? People take this debate so seriously that it consumes their lives. Many of my family members will even use abortion as the only method of determining whom they should vote for. My aunt one time listed all these reasons she wanted to vote for John Kerry, but then ended with "...but George Bush is prolife." And the same thing goes for people that vote for politicians just because they are pro-choice. Doesn't everyone see that politicians are just using this issue to get votes? That's really what this is about. I take the stance of no stance. I don't want my vote to be so single-minded.

I guess you can say I'm sick of this debate, because really... what's the debate? There is no convincing anyone that's pro-life that they are wrong, and there is no convincing anyone that is pro-choice they are wrong. You can't convince someone that's already made up their mind.
Yup. I totally agree.
I admitted myself to the blogesphere, not to convince others, but for the sole and expressed purpose of solidifying what I already believe.
Surprisingly, I did give ground on the gay marriage issue, though only minimumly.

In a while I'll join an evolution debate to the same end.

Back
Top Bottom