• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Anyone Else OVER the whole Zimmerman Case?

Anyone Else OVER the Zimmerman Case?

• Yes, I'm over it. Can we PUHLEEZE move on!

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • No, I think it is very relevant and needs to be discussed.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Zimmerman?? Who is Zimmerman?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Captain Adverse

Classical Liberal Sage
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
How many more threads do we need on the Zimmerman Case?

It's OVER. The jury found him Not Guilty. It's just one little criminal case out of THOUSANDS that are currently going on and everyone has been ignoring.

I'm certainly over it, although I was never really INTO it. The amount of personal investment I see in this forum over this case is simply amazing.

So...who else in here is OVER this case. Conversely, who thinks it is of "staggering national importance" and needs to be analyzed in it's minutest detail??? LOL ;)

(NOTE: I originally put this in the POLL section. A mod moved it into this one. I don't understand why...but oh well.)

Last edited:
I'll start a thread to more appropriately respond to your thread about there being too many Martin/Zimmerman threads, just give me a minute.....:mrgreen:

I would rather have Mark Sanchez being our starting QB than deal with this case anymore.

I never cared about this case. Things like this happen in America every single day. I'm not sheep enough to latch onto one case because the media tells me I should start a race war.

I was done yesterday. I'm reduced to playing word games on Facebook.

To tell the truth I am fairly disappointed that a mod elected to move this poll here, rather than leave it in the general Poll forum. There are supposedly a large number of members who do NOT post in this Zimmerman forum. It is clear that the ones who are posting in here think they need to dissect, comment, opine, rant, accuse, etc. this case to death and beyond.

I wanted to give everyone a opportunity to put their two cents in about the uselessness of these Zimmerman threads, since I think people need to just drop it and go on with their lives. It's really none of our business.

To tell the truth I am fairly disappointed that a mod elected to move this poll here, rather than leave it in the general Poll forum. There are supposedly a large number of members who do NOT post in this Zimmerman forum. It is clear that the ones who are posting in here think they need to dissect, comment, opine, rant, accuse, etc. this case to death and beyond.

I wanted to give everyone a opportunity to put their two cents in, since I think people need to just drop it and go on with their lives.

There is no General Poll Forum. The forum marked "Polls" is for political polls -- which this isn't.

It's OVER. The jury found him Not Guilty. It's just one little criminal case out of THOUSANDS that are currently going on and everyone has been ignoring.

I'm certainly over it, although I was never really INTO it. The amount of personal investment I see in this forum over this case is simply amazing.

So...who else in here is OVER this case. Conversely, who thinks it is of "staggering national importance" and needs to be analyzed in it's minutest detail??? LOL ;)

(NOTE: I originally put this in the POLL section. A mod moved it into this one. I don't understand why...but oh well.)

It's not over until, the owner of the site says its ****ing over

There is no General Poll Forum. The forum marked "Polls" is for political polls -- which this isn't.

Strange. You'll pardon me if I seem confused. This website is called the "Debate Politics" forum. The Polls section is the "Debate Politics" poll section, which is further explained as "Political Polls on politics, news, current events, and public opinion. All visitors may vote in this political forum but only registered users may enter discussion and debate."

Nothing seems to indicate a general poll about the value of threads must be placed in any specific thread. I must be missing something. I'm fairly new so perhaps I am. Still seems strange to me.

I think the whole mess is a lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Strange. You'll pardon me if I seem confused. This website is called the "Debate Politics" forum. The Polls section is the "Debate Politics" poll section, which is further explained as "Political Polls on politics, news, current events, and public opinion. All visitors may vote in this political forum but only registered users may enter discussion and debate."

Nothing seems to indicate a general poll about the value of threads must be placed in any specific thread. I must be missing something. I'm fairly new so perhaps I am. Still seems strange to me.

You're absolutely right. And I'm absolutely wrong. Many moons ago, I suggested the poll section be more than political polls -- that's what it used to read. I see they've changed it.

Mea culpa. I don't know why they moved it except "they" probably can't stand us anymore. ;)

The OP obviously isn't over it. :roll:

You're absolutely right. And I'm absolutely wrong. Many moons ago, I suggested the poll section be more than political polls -- that's what it used to read. I see they've changed it.

Mea culpa. I don't know why they moved it except "they" probably can't stand us anymore. ;)

LOL. That was funny, thanks. I needed that. :) I understand...I can hardly stand myself some times lol. :)

I wanted to give everyone a opportunity to put their two cents in about the uselessness of these Zimmerman threads, since I think people need to just drop it and go on with their lives. It's really none of our business.

It might have happened before you got here but the forum was so flooded with Zimmerman/Martin threads that the subforum was created for the issue and they pretty much have made it so any thread related to the issue is in the subforum.

The OP obviously isn't over it. :roll:

The only thing I am not over is the unnecessary furor over a done deal. Actually I was over the original furor that attempted to make this a "national issue" in the first place.

Like I've said, there are thousands of criminal cases people ignore every single day. However, thanks to selective media hype, we are told which ones we need to get upset about.

I am definately over THAT!

Last edited:
This is my comment on the issue: thank god the trial is over because now Nancy Grace can turn back into a bat.

It might have happened before you got here but the forum was so flooded with Zimmerman/Martin threads that the subforum was created for the issue and they pretty much have made it so any thread related to the issue is in the subforum.

Aaahhh. Banished to the wilderness. :(

With all the other, truly more important issues available, I still find it hard to understand how people can't realize they are being guided into ranting over a non-issue by our media and special interest groups.

Originally, I had looked forward to this forum of nothing but this stupid case being closed... but now I worry people still won't shut up about it... so I hope it stays open as long as possible until they get it out of their system.

Aaahhh. Banished to the wilderness. :(

With all the other, truly more important issues available, I still find it hard to understand how people can't realize they are being guided into ranting over a non-issue by our media and special interest groups.

I'm not worried about folks ranting on message boards; I'm concerned about the "Justice for Trayvon" rallies and the potential for violence as this continues to be ginned up. I mean, please--now Jay-Z and Beyonce have met with Martin's mother, and the Divider-in-Chief has weighed in.

At least one more.

It's OVER
But it's not over. Z is suing media outlets for slander, there may or may not be a civil case, Z could get shot and then we'll have the whole trial of whoever shoots him (probable a Black man, who will be found guilty, thus sparking more race-baiting)...the Zimmerman/Martin meme is far from over.

Back
Top Bottom