• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone else had enough of the Ukraine media blitz?

noonereal

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Day after day I watch this aweful war and all day long I see videos coming out of Ukraine telling me I have to fight Russia.
We must start WW3.
Starting world war 3 means DC and NYC get nuked. They leave this part out.

Now, I can understand Zelensky and his people making these pleas but the public does not understand the implications.

Day after day Zelensky is televised chastising Germany, prodding the USA, demanding Isreal change their stance....

This is working for him. The America population, let's call them bobbleheads, want to do a no fly zone.
The bobbleheads are ready to start Ww3 to protect Ukraine. Is this wise? **** no.
We must always do what is best for the greatest numbers.
Now, I see a really scary eventuality unfolding. The drum beat is now" if putin uses nukes or chemicals..."

Clue, Putin will use both if he needs to and frankly, as horrible and sad as that is, I don't wants hundreds of millions killed, starting with NYC and DC .

ENOUGH with enabling Ww3 though our media. It needs to stop.
Enough is enough, no more pro war propaganda from Ukraine.

Jingoism is nothing new. America always thinks whatever war it’ll get into will be quick and easy. We’ve been obsessed with “splendid little wars” for over a century.

And then, of course, you have the people dumb enough to think Putin is equivalent to Hitler.

Day after day I watch this aweful war and all day long I see videos coming out of Ukraine telling me I have to fight Russia.
We must start WW3.

Now, I can understand Zelensky and his people making these pleas but the public does not understand the implications.

Day after day Zelensky is televised chastising Germany, prodding the USA, demanding Isreal change their stance....

This is working for him. The America population, let's call them bobbleheads, want to do a no fly zone.
The bobbleheads are ready to start Ww3 to protect Ukraine. Is this wise? **** no.
Now, I see a really scary eventuality unfolding. The drum beat is now" if putin uses nukes or chemicals..."

Clue, Putin will use both if he needs to and frankly, as horrible and sad as that is, I don't wants hundreds of millions killed, starting with NYC and DC .

That stance seems to imply that any ‘super power’ nation (with nuclear weapons capability) can take over and/or destroy another ‘neutral’ nation’s territory provided that they do so using conventional military force.

This is indeed the problem. Americans are used to TV wars. When they have to match arms and legs with torsos for the funerals, when they have no power, running water or food they will change their town.

And that is what is coming if we proceed down this road.

That stance seems to imply that any ‘super power’ nation (with nuclear weapons capability) can take over and/or destroy another ‘neutral’ nation’s territory provided that they do so using conventional military force.

Our red line is clear. It should not change.
Ukraine was never a red line for the kind of hot war we are talking about.

IF nato is attacked, it is ww3. Goodbye NYC.

Yes, and it quite unfortunately happens to be true. This is the problem with the ‘nuclear club’ - they’re empowered to act exactly as you described and not suffer consequences within their own homeland. It’s a great gig, if you can score it.

IF nato is attacked, it is ww3. Goodbye NYC.

OK, but what ‘red line’ got the US military involved in UAE, Iraq or Syria?

Yes, and it quite unfortunately happens to be true. This is the problem with the ‘nuclear club’ - they’re empowered to act exactly as you described and not suffer consequences within their own homeland. It’s a great gig, if you can score it.

Yep, and it will get much more interesting when Iran joins that club.

While the ship has sailed for drawing that line at a land invasion of Ukraine, I don't see why we couldn't clearly communicate that the use of biological, chemical, or nuclear weapons by Russia in Ukraine would be a red line.

I'm pretty sympathetic to @ttwtt78640's position. I think the only way to stop nuclear powers (including the US) from engaging in that type of behavior is for enough of the rest of the world to make it clear that that type of behavior is unacceptable and won't be tolerated. I agree with @noonereal's point that Americans are really excited for a no fly zone and don't seem to realize what that would entail. I think so far NATO and the rest of the world has responded pretty responsibly once the crisis began. We definitely could have done more before hand to either better prepare Ukraine or acted more quickly to incorporate them into NATO, but it's a bit late now.

For now we should keep providing Ukraine with everything they need to defend themselves, but we should make it clear to Russia that turning to nuclear weapons would be a red line.

Yep, that’s been the reality since nuclear weapons were invented.

We must start WW3.

Oh poor baby! Go hide your head in the sand box.

While the ship has sailed for drawing that line at a land invasion of Ukraine, I don't see why we couldn't clearly communicate that the use of biological, chemical, or nuclear weapons by Russia in Ukraine would be a red line.

I'm pretty sympathetic to @ttwtt78640's position. I think the only way to stop nuclear powers (including the US) from engaging in that type of behavior is for enough of the rest of the world to make it clear that that type of behavior is unacceptable and won't be tolerated. I agree with @noonereal's point that Americans are really excited for a no fly zone and don't seem to realize what that would entail. I think so far NATO and the rest of the world has responded pretty responsibly once the crisis began. We definitely could have done more before hand to either better prepare Ukraine or acted more quickly to incorporate them into NATO, but it's a bit late now.

For now we should keep providing Ukraine with everything they need to defend themselves, but we should make it clear to Russia that turning to nuclear weapons would be a red line.

Understand. PUTIN will use chemicals and if Ukraine still has not fallen he will use strategic nukes.

So your new red line only means we say goodbye to NYC.

Do you understand this?

You seem to think Putin can be deterred. Your premise is wrong. Putin is taking Ukraine and ending civilization if that is what it takes.

So who said this: “Why should we hear about body bags and deaths? It's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?"

I love the tough guys here who live in a red state who won't be targeted.

And yet these same people can't sleep without a gun to spoon.

So ironic. So Trumpian.

Understand. PUTIN will use chemicals and if Ukraine still has not fallen he will use strategic nukes.

Do you understand this?

You seem to think Putin can be deterred. Your premise is wrong. Putin is taking Ukraine and ending civilization if that is what it takes.
You are saying he will do these things anyway and cannot be deterred. By that logic even being in NATO won't deter him. So what if he threatens Latvia in the same way? And Poland?

If the threat of nukes doesn't deter him and he is dead set on expanding any line is a line that will be crossed. So why not draw that line at Ukraine?

Here's the thing about so called "red lines".
You're not supposed to turn them into cable news fodder.
POTUS, Congress, DoD and DeptState are responsible for putting them forth and issuing relevant communication where needed.
FULL STOP.

Telegraphing these things gives the target environment valuable time to prepare, which isn't wise.
Russia has a pretty good idea already, making it cannon fodder for pundits isn't supposed to be part of policy.
I don't favor Joe Scarborough or Jake Tapper rattling out long screeds about them any more than Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson.

DeptState issues the communications they see fit to issue, and that's it.

You are saying he will do these things anyway and cannot be deterred. By that logic even being in NATO won't deter him. So what if he threatens Latvia in the same way? And Poland?

If the threat of nukes doesn't deter him and he is dead set on expanding any line is a line that will be crossed. So why not draw that line at Ukraine?

That line was crossed in 2014 (under Obama/Biden), thus it was foolish to expect that it would not be crossed again (under Biden/Harris).

Do you understand this?

Are you suggesting that the world sit back and allow this? Do you seriously think Putin will stop at Ukraine?
These are not rhetorical questions, I really want to know if you believe Putin's goal is limited to just taking Ukraine.

We must start WW3.

I don't see much or any of what you're claiming is so common, but let's imagine that we're in an alternate universe for a moment and pretend that is.

I assume you're also opposed to anyone in the West providing weapons to Ukraine, because that could also provoke Russia to use nukes if it results in Ukraine successfully defending itself.

So let's pretend we totally sat on our hands and did nothing, and when Ukraine falls, Putin moves on to Poland? Still no response? How about Germany? Or if the fight just continues to go poorly for Putin in Ukraine and he decides to use chemical weapons or even a tactical nuke or two, still nothing?

Are you willing to draw any line? Maybe between British Columbia and Washington, perhaps? Not even there? As long as there's zero chance of NYC getting nuked?

Omg. Seriously. Omg.

I though it over. This post is so stupid I am not even going to unravel it for you.

I do have one sincere comment. It really bothers me that people , my fellow countrymen can post with such poor understanding of so many differant things.

God bless 🇺🇸. We are going to need it.

I don't see much or any of what you're claiming is so common, but let's imagine that we're in an alternate universe for a moment and pretend that is.

I assume you're also opposed to anyone in the West providing weapons to Ukraine, because that could also provoke Russia to use nukes if it results in Ukraine successfully defending itself.

So let's pretend we totally sat on our hands and did nothing, and when Ukraine falls, Putin moves on to Poland? Still no response? How about Germany? Or if the fight just continues to go poorly for Putin in Ukraine and he decides to use chemical weapons or even a tactical nuke or two, still nothing?

Are you willing to draw any line? Maybe between British Columbia and Washington, perhaps? Not even there? As long as there's zero chance of NYC getting nuked?

Another alarmingly poorly thought through post.

This site, this past week has made clear to me how tenuous and random the human condition is. How ignorant the average human is. And, folks here know more than the bobbleheads in the street.

What a nightmare this thing we call human is.

Peace.

Folks, you have no clue.

Just 🙏 pray.

Peace

Another alarmingly poorly thought through post.

Yes, you're OP definitely was. You couldn't even be bothered to cite a statement from anyone worth mentioning that we should go to war with Russia, or even seriously risk it.

Back
Top Bottom