• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone else had enough of the Ukraine media blitz?

Day after day I watch this aweful war and all day long I see videos coming out of Ukraine telling me I have to fight Russia.
We must start WW3.
Starting world war 3 means DC and NYC get nuked. They leave this part out.

Now, I can understand Zelensky and his people making these pleas but the public does not understand the implications.

Day after day Zelensky is televised chastising Germany, prodding the USA, demanding Isreal change their stance....

This is working for him. The America population, let's call them bobbleheads,
Yeah, I stopped reading right there.

Conventionally, yes. That is what makes this so scary. To do it, he will likely need to use chemical, bio and or nukes.
I'm saying even using those weapons I don't think he will be able to take Ukraine. If he can't take cities with conventional methods and just nukes them, that's where the majority of people are. Ukraine has 40,000,000 or so people still in the country, and even though many people have fled probably still have 10,000,000 still in cities. So unless you think that Russia will kill millions more than died in the holocaust to achieve their goals, they will have to severely limit their use of nuclear weapons.

Keeping civilian casualties bellow a level that would incur an international response, I don't think Russia can win.

Are you suggesting that the world sit back and allow this? Do you seriously think Putin will stop at Ukraine?
These are not rhetorical questions, I really want to know if you believe Putin's goal is limited to just taking Ukraine.
I am suggesting that we do everything possible to support Ukraine and isolate Russia short of military attack.
Whatever Putin's goals may have been they are no longer. He has learned that his army is not what he thought and that attacking a Nato country is suicide for him and Armageddon for the world.

Putin will not attack a Nato country now even if he had considered it previous.

But

The most important thing for him now is deliver what he can call a victory in Ukraine. He will march to Armageddon rather than fail. Failure is the end of him as president. He will end civilization first.

Yeah, I stopped reading right there.

Is it very intelectural when one closes one's mind to the wisdom of others? Or do you simply disdaine knowledge?

NATO is a fig leaf for America's nuclear arsenal being an implied and existential threat.

The USG is doing a combination of 'trying to do the right thing via the wrong process' (<= at best; and maybe that's 40%, at best) and 'vying to maintain its global hegemon position.'

The USG is notorious for :poop:ing on past opportunities at efforts toward 'much better much more international justice.'

The USG has co-opted the current weak, ineffective UN and ICC justice systems to their global hegemon advantage.

All of the above and much more is more "evil" than what Russia has been doing for years and/or three weeks in a country that mostly appears as a middle class white Western European innocent nation.

Is it very intelectural when one closes one's mind to the wisdom of others? Or do you simply disdaine knowledge?

How the hell should I know? I'm just a bobblehead, right?

I know they were very unwisely added in 2004, you might have not checked a calendar recently, it’s now 2021, the US empire is in decline, our military is shrinking in both size and effectiveness. If Russians seized the Baltics then nato can only react by invading through fortified Belorussian territory. And they won’t.

NATO is words on a piece of paper, the paper cannot magically produce an army

Lol

It is you that needs check the calendar not I. Go look. Lol

I agree, NATO should not have expanded.

It did and the USA 🇺🇸 has the greatest military the world has ever know. Russian will not attack a NATO member.
That is Armageddon.

What to make of this post?

I am suggesting that we do everything possible to support Ukraine and isolate Russia short of military attack.
Whatever Putin's goals may have been they are no longer. He has learned that his army is not what he thought and that attacking a Nato country is suicide for him and Armageddon for the world.

Putin will not attack a Nato country now even if he had considered it previous.

But

The most important thing for him now is deliver what he can call a victory in Ukraine. He will march to Armageddon rather than fail. Failure is the end of him as president. He will end civilization first.
You need to base your views on stuff other than Uke propaganda. The war is going well for Russia and they will win it. Ukraine has a fairly large army, but the Ukes have shown themselves incapable of stopping Russian offensives or relieving cities under seige

Lol

It is you that needs check the calendar not I. Go look. Lol

I agree, NATO should not have expanded.

It did and the USA 🇺🇸 has the greatest military the world has ever know. Russian will not attack a NATO member.
That is Armageddon.
If they do, we won’t do anything about it. Well not the Baltics anyway

NATO is a fig leaf for America's nuclear arsenal being an implied and existential threat.

The USG is doing a combination of 'trying to do the right thing via the wrong process' (<= at best; and maybe that's 40%, at best) and 'vying to maintain its global hegemon position.'

The USG is notorious for :poop:ing on past opportunities at efforts toward 'much better much more international justice.'

The USG has co-opted the current weak, ineffective UN and ICC justice systems to their global hegemon advantage.

All of the above and much more is more "evil" than what Russia has been doing for years and/or three weeks in a country that mostly appears as a middle class white Western European innocent nation.

Putin propaganda.

To the thread itself.....I am pretty unimpressed with the way it is being covered from the anchor desks. The coverage from the field is not bad. In addition, we are witnessing first hand what will ultimately be one of the most significant geopolitical event of the 21st century if not the most significant only superseded by actually doing something meaningful about Climate Change.

As for comparisons between Hitler and Putin, geopolitically they are carbon copies.

Except for the fact that they aren’t. I get Americans have had the “anything I don’t like is literally Hitler” messages hammered home over and over again for decades, but that doesn’t change the facts.

You two should take the routine on the road.

The objective and educated tour? Yes, we should.

Thing is, I work alone.
I don't tie my intelect to cult, tribe or another.

The objective and educated tour? Yes, we should.

Thing is, I work alone.
I don't tie my intelect to cult, tribe or another.
Or spellcheck.

Yes, and it quite unfortunately happens to be true. This is the problem with the ‘nuclear club’ - they’re empowered to act exactly as you described and not suffer consequences within their own homeland. It’s a great gig, if you can score it.
Which has been what has stopped WW3 from happening already.

I love the tough guys here who live in a red state who won't be targeted.

And yet these same people can't sleep without a gun to spoon.

So ironic. So Trumpian.
No red state would be left untouched from a first or second nuke strike. And even if there were, they'd still end up glowing.

Can you cite the claim Russia intends to enslave Ukranians? I haven’t seen that claimed before.

This isn’t an issue of freedom, it’s an issue of stopping attacks on Donbas and recognition of the Crimean peninsula who’s people voted for their own freedom, this is war about political ends that do not concern the average Ukranian
If you bow down to the person that's beating your ass then you're a slave. It's just that simple.

As far as Donbas and Crimea, there are factions there that are loyal to Russia but until 2014 they were Ukrainian and Russia invaded Ukraine to "liberate" those regions.

Since 1991 there has been an international campaign to carve out pieces of Ukraine for the benefit of various foreign "partners". Corruption in Ukraine had been ENCOURAGED by Russia as well as the US and EU as long as the players got their slice of the economic pie. Zelensky does not appear to have been part of that cabal and there is a very distinct probability that his refusal to step into all that muck is why he is being invaded now and why Biden is doing next to nothing to support him.

Which has been what has stopped WW3 from happening already.
True. The consequences of the nuclear club:
- no WW3
- members of the club profit greatly
- everybody else is liable to be stepped on like a bug so long as they do not possess nuclear arms

I guess you take the good and the bad...

Well that FIG LEAF happened to present to the United States the only act of war that resulted Ina as any NATO treaty member invoking Article 5 of the NATO charter. The act of war happened to be 9/11 which had NOTHING TO DO WITH NUKES.

So you might want to rethink your characterization of NATO as a fig leaf for America's nuclear arsenal being an implied or existential threat. We neither threatened the use of nukes over 9/11 nor were we threatened by them.

Now Vladimir is the guy that just loves to threaten the use of nukes or chemical weapons.

That stance seems to imply that any ‘super power’ nation (with nuclear weapons capability) can take over and/or destroy another ‘neutral’ nation’s territory provided that they do so using conventional military force.

Holy shit - Iraq much?

The irony, it boggles :oops:

Also Afghanistan.
Remember that place didn't originally have a jihadist problem -- until the US spent billions of dollars creating one, to use in fighting against the Russian.

(Cue Polish guy who hated Russians...)

Last edited:
I love the tough guys here who live in a red state who won't be targeted.

And yet these same people can't sleep without a gun to spoon.

So ironic. So Trumpian.

Back
Top Bottom