• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone else had enough of the Ukraine media blitz?

Slaughter is hard to watch.

I think we now know why college students were so pissed off about Vietnam as their friends were killed and maimed.

Omg. Seriously. Omg.

I though it over. This post is so stupid I am not even going to unravel it for you.

I do have one sincere comment. It really bothers me that people , my fellow countrymen can post with such poor understanding of so many differant things.

God bless 🇺🇸. We are going to need it.
I think it is you who didn't understand the point of my post. The point I was making is that clearly Russia can be deterred. I was disagreeing with your logic that Putin will just keep going no matter what. If you read my previous posts, you'll see I agreed with you that right now things like a no fly zone are a bad idea.

Slaughter is hard to watch.

I think we now know why college students were so pissed off about Vietnam as their friends were killed and maimed.

My buddy was shot off a tank. Lost part of his brain.

Understand. PUTIN will use chemicals and if Ukraine still has not fallen he will use strategic nukes.

So your new red line only means we say goodbye to NYC.

Do you understand this?

You seem to think Putin can be deterred. Your premise is wrong. Putin is taking Ukraine and ending civilization if that is what it takes.
You are right, the Russians will eventually win the battles and take Ukraine, but will they win the war. No one thought Ukrainians would fight as they have for "their' country. Ukraine could end up being another Afghanistan for Russia and that would be the end for Putin. He is already losing support with his leaders and an extended war will eventually give them the courage to take him out.

I think it is important to make consequences clear before hand and act in predictable ways. The only reason China hasn't invaded Taiwan yet is because the US, Japan, and Australia have made it pretty clear they are willing to get militarily involved if that happens. It's too late to retroactively change the expected action in response to a Ukraine invasion, but we absolutely can and should deter Russian use of nuclear or chemical weapons in Ukraine.

Jingoism is nothing new. America always thinks whatever war it’ll get into will be quick and easy. We’ve been obsessed with “splendid little wars” for over a century.

And then, of course, you have the people dumb enough to think Putin is equivalent to Hitler.
To the thread itself.....I am pretty unimpressed with the way it is being covered from the anchor desks. The coverage from the field is not bad. In addition, we are witnessing first hand what will ultimately be one of the most significant geopolitical event of the 21st century if not the most significant only superseded by actually doing something meaningful about Climate Change.

As for comparisons between Hitler and Putin, geopolitically they are carbon copies.

To the thread itself.....I am pretty unimpressed with the way it is being covered from the anchor desks. The coverage from the field is not bad. In addition, we are witnessing first hand what will ultimately be one of the most significant geopolitical event of the 21st century if not the most significant only superseded by actually doing something meaningful about Climate Change.

As for comparisons between Hitler and Putin, geopolitically they are carbon copies.

It is sad that basically all the Western journalists had to leave Russia for fear of being picked up off the street an d put in jail. As a result, we have limited access to the true feelings of the typical Russian “person on the street”. Plaudits for the Russian TV producer who is courageous enough to defy the state propaganda.

I think it is you who didn't understand the point of my post. The point I was making is that clearly Russia can be deterred. I was disagreeing with your logic that Putin will just keep going no matter what. If you read my previous posts, you'll see I agreed with you that right now things like a no fly zone are a bad idea.

Yes, Russia can be deterred and likely has already been as far as going into any NATO country. Our response had been text book perfect. NATO is united and his conventional forces are no match for the USA let alone all of Nato.
That said, he will not lose in Ukraine. He cannot. He would choose mutual destruction of Russia and the West over leaving Ukraine defeated.

This is why we must not attack him. If we do, he has no choice but the big nukes. He can't compete conventionally.

This war is between Ukraine and Russia. Period. If we change this dynamic, we have entered the great Armageddon war.

It's horrible that we must watch Ukraine fall. Hopefully Ukraine can appease Putin . Give him a victory he can go home with.
He will not raise his head again, he took a beating. But he will not back down in Ukraine.

Go see my posts from a month or more ago when the same folks who say make chemicals a red line today said he was bluffing.
I predicted all of this then. Nothing has changed.
If you want the big one, the end of civilization wars, draw your red line inside Ukraine. If you want this to end, although horribly, leave the red line at the Nato boarder where it belongs.

Peace

It is sad that basically all the Western journalists had to leave Russia for fear of being picked up off the street an d put in jail. As a result, we have limited access to the true feelings of the typical Russian “person on the street”. Plaudits for the Russian TV producer who is courageous enough to defy the state propaganda.

People are people.
Most will belive the propaganda. Only the "elites" the educated and reasoned will not support Putin.
Just like here with the Trump problem.

You are right, the Russians will eventually win the battles and take Ukraine, but will they win the war. No one thought Ukrainians would fight as they have for "their' country. Ukraine could end up being another Afghanistan for Russia and that would be the end for Putin. He is already losing support with his leaders and an extended war will eventually give them the courage to take him out.

This is the best ending for the vast world population.
We cannot get there by creating a no fly zone or any other military action that puts us vs Russia on the battlefield directly.

Day after day I watch this aweful war and all day long I see videos coming out of Ukraine telling me I have to fight Russia.
We must start WW3.
Starting world war 3 means DC and NYC get nuked. They leave this part out.

Now, I can understand Zelensky and his people making these pleas but the public does not understand the implications.

Day after day Zelensky is televised chastising Germany, prodding the USA, demanding Isreal change their stance....

This is working for him. The America population, let's call them bobbleheads, want to do a no fly zone.
The bobbleheads are ready to start Ww3 to protect Ukraine. Is this wise? **** no.
We must always do what is best for the greatest numbers.
Now, I see a really scary eventuality unfolding. The drum beat is now" if putin uses nukes or chemicals..."

Clue, Putin will use both if he needs to and frankly, as horrible and sad as that is, I don't wants hundreds of millions killed, starting with NYC and DC .

ENOUGH with enabling Ww3 though our media. It needs to stop.
Enough is enough, no more pro war propaganda from Ukraine.
Totally agreed. If Ukrainians need to die so that the rest of us feel safe then kill ‘em all!! Come to think of it, same goes for gun owners, Trump supporters and anyone else liberals disagree with politically. Unless liberals feel safe then there is no freedom and if we have to kill a shitload of people to help them feel free then that’s what freedom is all about!!!

Totally agreed. If Ukrainians need to die so that the rest of us feel safe then kill ‘em all!! Come to think of it, same goes for gun owners, Trump supporters and anyone else liberals disagree with politically. Unless liberals feel safe then there is no freedom and if we have to kill a shitload of people to help them feel free then that’s what freedom is all about!!!
Victim much?

Reasoned posts from you, ever?

It's horrible that we must watch Ukraine fall. Hopefully Ukraine can appease Putin . Give him a victory he can go home with.
I mean it is entirely possible Russia is just utterly incapable of taking Ukraine.

Victim much?

Reasoned posts from you, ever?
I'm a victim? You're the one that's freaking out over the end of the world and advocating for abandoning an entire nation just so you can have a little feeling of (false) safety.

I mean it is entirely possible Russia is just utterly incapable of taking Ukraine.

Conventionally, yes. That is what makes this so scary. To do it, he will likely need to use chemical, bio and or nukes.

Are you suggesting that the world sit back and allow this? Do you seriously think Putin will stop at Ukraine?
I see no evidence he won’t. If Russia does invade other countries they will be former Soviet SSRs, but I don’t think that will happen. The Baltic states now know better then to count on NATO and they were never attacking civilians like the Ukes were anyway,

These are not rhetorical questions, I really want to know if you believe Putin's goal is limited to just taking Ukraine.
Are you trying to insist Russia is going to take over the whole world?

I'm a victim? You're the one that's freaking out over the end of the world and advocating for abandoning an entire nation just so you can have a little feeling of (false) safety.

You will never understand the reasoning, knowledge and pragmatism i post with. It is what it is.

I see no evidence he won’t. If Russia does invade other countries they will be former Soviet SSRs, but I don’t think that will happen. The Baltic states now know better then to count on NATO and they were never attacking civilians like the Ukes were anyway,

Are you trying to insist Russia is going to take over the whole world?

Its funny how people can't seem to understand that Ukraine and Nato are apples and oranges.

Ukranians don’t need to die, however their political leadership, egged on by NATO is willing to sacrifice them.

Then of course our foolish and stupid sanction program is made to encourage Ukranians to get killed. Because if Russia is the occupying power then our Sanctions will mean no money to provide food, medicine, and reconstruction for civilians in the former Ukraine

Its funny how people can't seem to understand that Ukraine and Nato are apples and oranges.
It doesn’t really matter. NATO isn’t coming to save Latvia. By the time NATO is ready to react those invasions will be complete.

Ukranians don’t need to die, however their political leadership, egged on by NATO is willing to sacrifice them.

Then of course our foolish and stupid sanction program is made to encourage Ukranians to get killed. Because if Russia is the occupying power then our Sanctions will mean no money to provide food, medicine, and reconstruction for civilians in the former Ukraine
This is part of the same position the other guy was spouting. The whole, "Better to live a slave than fight and die for freedom" is about as ****ed up a principle as I could ever imagine.

It doesn’t really matter. NATO isn’t coming to save Latvia. By the time NATO is ready to react those invasions will be complete.

As is generally the case you post a falsehood. Latvia 🇱🇻 is a Nato member since 2004. 🤡

This is part of the same position the other guy was spouting. The whole, "Better to live a slave than fight and die for freedom" is about as ****ed up a principle as I could ever imagine.
Can you cite the claim Russia intends to enslave Ukranians? I haven’t seen that claimed before.

This isn’t an issue of freedom, it’s an issue of stopping attacks on Donbas and recognition of the Crimean peninsula who’s people voted for their own freedom, this is war about political ends that do not concern the average Ukranian

As is generally the case you post a falsehood. Latvia 🇱🇻 is a Nato member since 2004. 🤡
I know they were very unwisely added in 2004, you might have not checked a calendar recently, it’s now 2021, the US empire is in decline, our military is shrinking in both size and effectiveness. If Russians seized the Baltics then nato can only react by invading through fortified Belorussian territory. And they won’t.

NATO is words on a piece of paper, the paper cannot magically produce an army

Back
Top Bottom