• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone else getting the same message as me from the posters on the right?

You going to tell me the left had something to do with motivating that crowd? The GOP is responsible for this, as is Trump’s own mouth.

Those domestic terrorists did not show up because they were bored, they were motivated to be there and do what they did.

Go on and tell us about the “love in that crowd.”
They damned sure were motivated to be there and the main reason they were there is 4 years of being told to sit down and shut up every time they voiced concern about the way Democrats and NeverTrumpers dealt with Trump. The election was just the last straw for most of them.

I might also remind you and everyone else that back in May of 2020 Trump was removed from a press conference due to concern over rioting in Lafayette square. Those rioters didn't breach the White House but they were no less a threat to the cops protecting the President.

"This is our house, Trump told us to come!"

These Capitol Police were witnesses because they were there on the front lines. Yes, they are speaking out because they're traumatized, they have PTSD, they're angry, their lives were nearly taken away from them. They have every reason to be furious.

Yes, it was a 'potentially' murderous mob. They wanted Mike Pence and if they got their hands on him they would have done anything, including murdering him to stop him from certifying the votes. They would have murdered Nancy Pelosi and others as well, that's fact. And yes, some even said, "We're here to take over the government".

Now your embellishing what happened. Potentially murderous mob...lives nearly taken away...in which none of that happened. At least by the rioters themselves.

We already had an embellishment with DC policeman killed with a fire extinguisher, which also didn't happen.

These Capitol Police were witnesses because they were there on the front lines. Yes, they are speaking out because they're traumatized, they have PTSD, they're angry, their lives were nearly taken away from them. They have every reason to be furious.

Yes, it was a 'potentially' murderous mob. They wanted Mike Pence and if they got their hands on him they would have done anything, including murdering him to stop him from certifying the votes. They would have murdered Nancy Pelosi and others as well, that's fact. And yes, some even said, "We're here to take over the government".
Anybody can pull an isolated clip or two and build a narrative around it. A while back I posted an hour plus video taken by one of the rioters. That video showed a MUCH less dramatic story than what we saw today.

I don't know what "messages" you're talking about and haven't read the entirety of the thread on the hearing. I did listen to some of it as I was driving and the cop testimony was compelling. That should be the case when you hand pick your witnesses and don't allow anyone to call their own witnesses.

Bottom line, there was violence, obviously. No sane person would deny that. It was also an act of anarchy. It was not, however, a murderous mob bent on killing politicians and taking over the country. That is the narrative Pelosi wants to promote and, with the joyous help of Kinzinger and Cheney, she'll get her wish. The hearing today was pure political theater. I damned near puked when Schiff tried to outcry Kinzinger.

Do you believe there are police who were there that day that would give different testimony? That it was a peaceful protest, and well under control?

Am I mistaken or are the posters supporting the actions of january the sixth basically saying these four officers are lying? How can a person watch this testimony from these guys today and think, listen to these lying sons of bitches?

No amount of mis or disinformation about january the sixth will keep the truth from coming out. The only dog and pony show I'm seeing is the one being put on by McCarthy and crew trying to convince america what we saw that day, wasn't what we saw. It was the lovefest trump keeps trying to push on us.
They are doing what they have been told to do aka regurgitating talking points refusing to substantiate anything. I say McCarthy and associates are knee deep in crime regarding Jan 6th as are many elected
officials who stood by quietly in support. Scared shitless to stand tall.

Anybody can pull an isolated clip or two and build a narrative around it. A while back I posted an hour plus video taken by one of the rioters. That video showed a MUCH less dramatic story than what we saw today.

Called cherry picking.

That's nothing but hyperbole and conjecture. The rioters didn't kill anyone, didn't kidnap anyone and left after the big ruckus. It wasn't a summer long siege like we saw in so many other places across the nation.

The Republicans DID NOT oppose the investigation. They opposed the circus that Pelosi had planned.
You must have forgotten that the GOP voted down the bipartisan investigation originally planned.

Do you believe there are police who were there that day that would give different testimony? That it was a peaceful protest, and well under control?
Nobody is claiming it was a peaceful protest. The fact is that it WAS NOT a murderous mob bent on taking over the government.

You must have forgotten that the GOP voted down the bipartisan investigation originally planned.
They voted down an investigation that focused SOLELY on 1/6.

They damned sure were motivated to be there and the main reason they were there is 4 years of being told to sit down and shut up every time they voiced concern about the way Democrats and NeverTrumpers dealt with Trump. The election was just the last straw for most of them.

I might also remind you and everyone else that back in May of 2020 Trump was removed from a press conference due to concern over rioting in Lafayette square. Those rioters didn't breach the White House but they were no less a threat to the cops protecting the President.

“The election was the last straw,” are you in the election was stollen bit?

And I do not buy the 4 years of oppression bit under Trump, if anything those that showed up have been empowered by Trump and his divisive and hate filled rhetoric. If anyone has had enough it is everyone else who does not support Trump who is tired of the lies and spin going on for long enough.

The damage Trump has done to this nation will take a very long time to undo, but he sure tapped into the hatred we saw and he counted on.

Over 2000 police were injured during the Marxist insurrection last summer and you didnt give a damn about any of them, so forgive me if I dont take your poutrage here all that seriously

Nobody is claiming it was a peaceful protest. The fact is that it WAS NOT a murderous mob bent on taking over the government.

That is twice you have gone there, then what were they there to do?

I don't know what "messages" you're talking about and haven't read the entirety of the thread on the hearing. I did listen to some of it as I was driving and the cop testimony was compelling. That should be the case when you hand pick your witnesses and don't allow anyone to call their own witnesses.

Bottom line, there was violence, obviously. No sane person would deny that. It was also an act of anarchy. It was not, however, a murderous mob bent on killing politicians and taking over the country. That is the narrative Pelosi wants to promote and, with the joyous help of Kinzinger and Cheney, she'll get her wish. The hearing today was pure political theater. I damned near puked when Schiff tried to outcry Kinzinger.
Now your embellishing what happened. Potentially murderous mob...lives nearly taken away...in which none of that happened. At least by the rioters themselves.

We already had an embellishment with DC policeman killed with a fire extinguisher, which also didn't happen.
That's nothing but hyperbole and conjecture. The rioters didn't kill anyone, didn't kidnap anyone and left after the big ruckus. -snip-

July 27, 2021 :
"...CBS News has reviewed court documents for 543 defendants' cases that have been unsealed. Of those, more than 200 defendants were also indicted by grand juries. ....The Justice Department said at least 165 defendants have been charged with assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers or employees, including more than 50 who were charged with using a deadly or dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury to an officer...."

Post a link to the witness who declared he or she was at Lowes or Home Depot noticing ("Pelosi wants to promote and, with the joyous help of Kinzinger and Cheney, she'll get her wish. The hearing today was pure political theater. I damned near puked when Schiff..") in early January any of the names you mentioned purchasing the building supplies to construct this. (IOW, you post revisionist history as justification for your RWE political propaganda.)

WATCH: Video shows Capitol 'mob calling for the death of ...
In video showed Wednesday at Trump's second impeachment trial, rioters chanted "Hang Mike Pence!" and "Bring out Pence!" as they roamed the halls searching for the former vice president ...

ErE7d85WMAgcLkE

Oath Keeper Admits Stashing Guns For Jan. 6 Capitol Riot
"Members of the Oath Keepers outside the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. WASHINGTON — A member of the alleged Oath Keepers conspiracy who cut a deal with prosecutors will admit he stashed guns at a Virginia hotel as part of preparations for demonstrations at the Capitol on Jan. 6. Mark Grods is set to plead guilty on Wednesday afternoon to two felony ..."

Thomas Caldwell Organized Oath Keepers on 'Standby' to ...
"The alleged Oath Keepers plot to ferry heavy weapons across the Potomac River on a boat was previously reported by the New York ... (one near the Pentagon for sure) we could have our Quick Response Team with the heavy weapons standing by, quickly load them and ferry them across the river to our waiting arms. ... On the morning of Jan. 6, Rhodes ..."

Capitol riot: Pipe bombs found on January 6 were placed ...
Jan 29, 2021 "Two pipe bombs near the Democratic and Republican party headquarters discovered on January 6 were planted the night before the insurrection at the Capitol, the FBI said Friday.."

January 12, 2021 :
Alabama man who parked Molotov cocktail-filled pickup in ...
"A grand jury in Washington, D.C., indicted an Alabama man on a slew of charges Tuesday after his pickup truck was found parked in front of the U.S. Capitol loaded with guns, as well gasoline ..."

Trumpists today are so ridiculously, simplistically, and cartoonishly evil, that I wouldn't even think they could be believable characters if they were dreamed up by some third rate writer for a new Marvel movie. It's absolutely ridiculous. All they need is the "Mwah-hahahahahaha!" laugh, done in a booming bass voice, with lightning timed just right right and dramatic music playing in the background, to complete the picture, LOL. Only a 5-year-old could take these guys seriously at this point.
BINGO!

They voted down an investigation that focused SOLELY on 1/6.
Yes....because obviously the events of 1/6 were completely the result of BLM....:rolleyes:
In the famous words of Bill Clinton, "that dog won't hunt"

Am I mistaken or are the posters supporting the actions of january the sixth basically saying these four officers are lying? How can a person watch this testimony from these guys today and think, listen to these lying sons of bitches?

No amount of mis or disinformation about january the sixth will keep the truth from coming out. The only dog and pony show I'm seeing is the one being put on by McCarthy and crew trying to convince america what we saw that day, wasn't what we saw. It was the lovefest trump keeps trying to push on us.
The messaging I am getting is that they are finally realizing that McCarthy was outmaneuvered and as usual, Donnie playing for the next 5 minutes instead of the next four years screwed up AGAIN! The Trumphumpers are petrified. That is the message I am getting.

The fact is, some of the crowd was indeed a murderous mob. Why do you deny that?

Buffalo man charged in attack on Capitol officer, says he ...
"Now a Buffalo man has been charged with assaulting the officer, and has admitted to taking Fanone's badge and radio, burying the badge in his Buffalo backyard, and then lying about it..."

Those ripe for criticism, especially for "making shit up" are.... wait for it...
-snip-
...It was not, however, a murderous mob bent on killing politicians and taking over the country. That is the narrative Pelosi wants to promote and, with the joyous help of Kinzinger and Cheney, she'll get her wish. The hearing today was pure political theater. I damned near puked when Schiff tried to outcry Kinzinger.

Reactions: JMR

Good lord. The spin (and constant whining) you guys put forth is stunning.
For half the Trump presidency the right had the white house the house and the senate, but poor ole' downtroddin' Trump fans weren't given a chance to speak? Kinda' hard to believe isn't it?

And walk me thru how you are able to discern the true reasons that motivated the mob to descend on the Capitol on 1/6? It wasn't Trumps non stop call for his fans to stop the steal? Or the call to stop Pence from certifying the votes? And the anti Pence and/or death threats for Pence- those were in reality Trumps supporters standing up to Democrats and making their voice heard? Does that gibberish even make sense to you?

The posters who support, excuse, minimize the events of January 6th didn't have the guts or courage of conviction to watch the police officers testify.

You do realize there were over 10,500 people there that day and just maybe a100+ that broke in. The other 10,000 plus just milled around the outside and went home when the curfew was called.
It was a group of people who went there specifically to create trouble and a bunch of useful idiots that got swept up in their actions and went along. Had there been a real attempt to take over there would have to been all 10,000+ busting in.

The idiots who did break in were live on national television, anyone else curious why the National Guard, that was near by, was not sent in to restrain those who did break in? The troops were posted just blocks away, yet they did not arrive until it was basically over. Can't say they didn't know, it was live on just about every station all day.
You need to read the letter from the Acting Secretary of Defence on the thread "Is Anyone Watching the Live Hearing" to the head of the DCNG which prohibited the DCNG from doing much of anything but stand on the corner and chew gum. THAT is why they didn't arrive until it was basically over. You watch too much NewsMax and read too much Brietbart and not anything else, it appears.

You need to read the letter from the Acting Secretary of Defence on the thread "Is Anyone Watching the Live Hearing" to the head of the DCNG which prohibited the DCNG from doing much of anything but stand on the corner and chew gum. THAT is why they didn't arrive until it was basically over. You watch too much NewsMax and read too much Brietbart and not anything else, it appears.
Sorry to disappoint but, I do not partake of either of the medias you reference. Clearly you have no idea and of course would not know or care how many and how varied the sources I visit every day, locally, nationally and international.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom