• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone else excited about the Olympics?

This has been an exciting Olympics! The gymnastics and swimming, mainly. The U.S. had strong strong teams and broke records. The performances of everyone from the various countries has been remarkable.

Also interesting to read about the problems with the various facilities, like the water where the long swim meets are occurring, the rowing, and such. One guy got sick. Another ran into a sofa in the lake. The swimming pool that was blue turned green overnight. Rio just didn't do things very well, and the country is too polluted. I can't imagine the Olympics committee choosing Rio unless they were bribed.

But the athletes themselves have been spectacular.

Haven't been excited for the Olympics in a few decades. The appeal just isn't there anymore for me. I suppose the coverage being terrible is one of many reasons. NBC has done a terrible job so far.

Back
Top Bottom