• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone else decorated for Christmas already?

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Today is always my day to decorate. I love this time of year!

I'm trying to decide if my classroom elf from the North Pole needs to come a little early this year....

I'm trying to decide if my classroom elf from the North Pole needs to come a little early this year....

Christmas here sucks... it is sunny as hell and generally in the high 80's with piercing UV Rays... that is why I leave up pictures of the Genocide during the holiday.

Yes Ma'am decorates for everything.

She takes down the Halloween stuff the day after Halloween and puts up the Thanksgiving stuff. The day after Thanksgiving all that stuff comes down and the Christmas stuff goes up, and that stuff stays up until January 1st. Then there's general Winter decorations and added to that from time to time will be the Super Bowl, Valentine's Day, Ash Wednesday, then of course St. Patrick's Day, then generic Spring decorations go up with special stuff added for Easter, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Flag Day, Father's Day, our Wedding Anniversary, then the generic Summer stuff goes up with special stuff added for Independence Day, and then comes Labor Day when generic Fall decorations go up, then we're back to Halloween.

My son that got married a year ago this October, told his mom that he's having a hard time living in an apartment where they don't have all the stuff collected yet to decorate like his mom does. It made her cry... and, buy a boat load of stuff to give him and his wife so they can start their own collection of stuff.

One year we put up one of those crazy huge outdoor Christmas displays. Poured time and money into - first class stuff. None of that cheap blow up crap. Thousands of LED lights, special ordered and even antique statutes, full size fiberglass molded figures, you name it. Just the display of Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus was a special order thing in cloth and full size figures, with an 18th century full sized heavy cast iron cross (beautiful) from a French cathedral (now gone) - all in a lexan box 8 foot tall, lit inside and dehumidify - costly. Stuff like that. Awesome really.

All that has been in the garage every year since. What's the point? People in the neighborhood (who maybe put up 1 string of lights and a wreath on the door) likely just saw it as showing off - which of course is exactly what we were doing.

Last edited:
we'll do ours after Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is a cool holiday, so we wait until afterwards to decorate for Christmas. i don't piss and moan too much about people who start earlier, though i don't like seeing Christmas stuff in stores before Halloween.

We have the lights up on the house (takes a few weeks), then we put in the lawn decorations after Dec. 1st and shortly after light the whole thing up. I refuse to actually light up the lights and put up the lawn decorations before Dec. 1st though.

The first year I ever decorated it was indoors and for the child. I had nothing, truly dirt poor (many years ago). All the furniture I had was stuff rounded off the street. Everything I had scrounged or second hand. I bought some old little toys for ornaments and one string of lights at a thrift store, put popcorn on thread to wrap around a bush I cut to try to shape it like a Christmas tree and scrounged thrift stores to try to make $20 stretch into a bunch of toys under the tree. One of the best Christmas I can remember.

Yes Ma'am decorates for everything.

She takes down the Halloween stuff the day after Halloween and puts up the Thanksgiving stuff. The day after Thanksgiving all that stuff comes down and the Christmas stuff goes up, and that stuff stays up until January 1st. Then there's general Winter decorations and added to that from time to time will be the Super Bowl, Valentine's Day, Ash Wednesday, then of course St. Patrick's Day, then generic Spring decorations go up with special stuff added for Easter, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Flag Day, Father's Day, our Wedding Anniversary, then the generic Summer stuff goes up with special stuff added for Independence Day, and then comes Labor Day when generic Fall decorations go up, then we're back to Halloween.

My son that got married a year ago this October, told his mom that he's having a hard time living in an apartment where they don't have all the stuff collected yet to decorate like his mom does. It made her cry... and, buy a boat load of stuff to give him and his wife so they can start their own collection of stuff.

You should show her this cuteness I found at Dollar General today. They have cute stuff for a dollar store.

2C559B8F-4D9B-4C54-B2BE-3340AB8B5218.jpg

Not yet. My family always puts the Christmas lights up at the house after Thanksgiving.

My roommates and I are planning to decorate our door Christmas-style when we get back from break, though.

Inside gets decorated on Thanksgiving, after dinner.

Outside, the following few days.

My little tree comes out of my little storage room after Thanksgiving.
A small tree with fiber optics for lights. That's all this apartment dweller needs.

I have not yet decided to decorate the house for Christmas or not. And I do not know with whom to celebrate the new year :(

I don't decorate for Christmas. Of course, a major factor in that decision is that I am not Christian.

We do get together for dinner, but it's a great excuse, and it's a day that is off from work for me.

I have not yet decided to decorate the house for Christmas or not. And I do not know with whom to celebrate the new year :(

You can celebrate with us here at DP! :)

Anybody who decorates for Christmas before Thanksgiving should go to prison for life.

Anybody who decorates for Christmas before Thanksgiving should go to prison for life.

One question --- can I bring my Christmas tree? :)

My parents told me the Wal-Mart they go to had their X-mas stuff up before Halloween.

Need the address for the cops?

My parents told me the Wal-Mart they go to had their X-mas stuff up before Halloween.

Need the address for the cops?

I include stores that put their Christmas **** out early as well.

One question --- can I bring my Christmas tree? :)

Sure, it's very anti-biblical! There is a dire warning against a Christmas tree in the bible.

Meet Oliver. He's our classroom elf that comes every year at this time. He's not an Elf on the Shelf, per se, but his job is the same. He's there to watch over the kiddos and report back to Santa. He's very good at helping me with classroom management especially in the days before Christmas when I'm peeling the kids off the walls. Unlike an Elf on the Shelf, the kids can hold him, carry him to specials, rock him to sleep, etc. This year's kids will meet him tomorrow -- a little early -- because, well, this is an unusual class who really needs him.

24174252_10155278190782123_7033298304019881022_n.jpg

(Points if you can name all of his friends around him :) )

Some clever marketer should use that saying and put it on a breast shaped mug...

They probably already have that at Spencer's. Does Spencer's still exist? I haven't been to a mall in forever.

Back
Top Bottom