• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone else decorated for Christmas already?

Meet Oliver. He's our classroom elf that comes every year at this time. He's not an Elf on the Shelf, per se, but his job is the same. He's there to watch over the kiddos and report back to Santa. He's very good at helping me with classroom management especially in the days before Christmas when I'm peeling the kids off the walls. Unlike an Elf on the Shelf, the kids can hold him, carry him to specials, rock him to sleep, etc. This year's kids will meet him tomorrow -- a little early -- because, well, this is an unusual class who really needs him.

View attachment 67244358

(Points if you can name all of his friends around him :) )

That's Clifford and Pinkalicious. Boo Raccoon and maybe Froggie? Not sure on the Frog one

That's Clifford and Pinkalicious. Boo Raccoon and maybe Froggie? Not sure on the Frog one

You got 3 right. :)

You didn't get the one on the left correct.

Decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving is heresy!

Meet Oliver. He's our classroom elf that comes every year at this time. He's not an Elf on the Shelf, per se, but his job is the same. He's there to watch over the kiddos and report back to Santa. He's very good at helping me with classroom management especially in the days before Christmas when I'm peeling the kids off the walls. Unlike an Elf on the Shelf, the kids can hold him, carry him to specials, rock him to sleep, etc. This year's kids will meet him tomorrow -- a little early -- because, well, this is an unusual class who really needs him.

View attachment 67244358

(Points if you can name all of his friends around him :) )

I have a difficult class this year with lots of kids who need/want constant attention, a large chunk are non-stop chatter boxes and a few quiet kids thrown in the mix. Well, Oliver has been gone for 3 days now. Everyday they come in hoping to see him and are disappointed. They've figured out that he probably left because they've been more naughty than nice. So one of my kids suggested we all write him letters. I said that was a great idea. I told them I would scan them and email them immediately to the Big Guy at the North Pole. Here are a few of the notes:

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

Today is always my day to decorate. I love this time of year!

I'm trying to decide if my classroom elf from the North Pole needs to come a little early this year....

Being from Pittsburgh I might put up lights before thanksgiving to avoid weather but i never turn them on before then.
At the same time anybody else is free to do what they want and it doesn't bother me at all. I seen some nutters getting all worked up over early holiday decorations .. .its still to let somethign like that bother you.

I'll keep tuned to see if someone gets it right.

Oof. Forgot about this. That’s Skippyjon Jones in the mask.

Finished decorating the outside on Saturday. This afternoon I will go over my girlfriend's house and help with the outside. Hopefully I'll get in a few football games while working.

Back
Top Bottom