• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone else been in love?

Herkamer63

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
So it feels like it's been forever since I have been on here, usually talking about politics and world events. However, over the past month and a half, I have been dating and talking to this woman. :3oops: I have known this woman since we were kids, but around middle school, she fell off the grid when she moved out of town, although I have never forgotten her. I never really considered a relationship with her while in school with her, though. We kind of kept up a little and after high school she moved down to Columbus, OH (which is the state we're both from) where she went through massage therapy school and got licensed. Around that time, I found out she was engaged. I didn't think too much of it because I was very overweight, single, and not very outgoing. So I thought "good for her" and moved on, but, again, never forgot her. Over the past year, I had lost a ton of weight and wanted to get back into the dating game. This woman's sister came into where I work and I didn't realize that the two were related right away (the sister's married). After the sister told me who she was, she explained that the woman I'm seeing was moved back home (out of Columbus), single, and no kids. She suggested I reach out to her, which I did, and we became friends on social media.

Over the course of time, we had talked over private messages. Not much, especially during the COVID lockdown. When July rolled around, I had already seen more of this woman's family come through work, and, inevitably, saw her. I took care of her, and, overtime, we had talked a little more. Eventually, she was coming back in to pick up some stuff from where I work, so I decided to say to myself "screw it, I'm asking her out." She came in, got her stuff, I asked, she said 'yes', and we had been on 4 dates and talking to each other ever since. Over the course of time, I started to develop feelings for her when she explained her past and how she became to be the person she is today. The last time we were together, we were talking about family and when I was starting to talk about mine, I began to choke up and she took my hand, held it for awhile, then kissed it. In turn, I did the same thing when she was getting emotional. At the end of the night, I felt a kiss on the lower part of neck, like her way of sealing the deal. A date before that she told me that she enjoyed being with me, and the last two times I stayed over at her place because it was 5 in the morning and all we did was talk and be playful towards each other (nothing sexual).

Right now, I've got a wave of emotions going on right now. This woman has had bad relationships in the past, and her sister can confirm all this. I can see why these other guys would go nuts for her. She's good looking. Granted, she has put on some weight (stress from losing her older brother earlier this year), but still looks good. However, she's not one of those women that all she wants to do is run around and sleep with other guys. The guys that were after her was the ONLY thing they wanted. Beauty can be both a blessing and curse, I'm afraid. What I can tell, she's looking for a guy that want's to build a friendship. I'm just hoping I can fill that role, but that's what makes me nervous. I've had been burned, stood up, and I-don't-knowed many times, and this is my first (quasi) serious relationship. We just took a weekend off this past week, and I just asked her if she wanted to go out next Saturday, and I'm waiting on a response. I also sent her a "thinking of you" card today. I'm just hoping nothing goes wrong because I do care about her, and, well, I... might have fallen in love with her. And it's driving me crazy. I don't want to end up like those other people who may have thought they were that way, but the people they're infatuated with may not feel the same. I don't know. has anyone else fallen in love before or currently going through it?

So it feels like it's been forever since I have been on here, usually talking about politics and world events. However, over the past month and a half, I have been dating and talking to this woman. :3oops: I have known this woman since we were kids, but around middle school, she fell off the grid when she moved out of town, although I have never forgotten her. I never really considered a relationship with her while in school with her, though. We kind of kept up a little and after high school she moved down to Columbus, OH (which is the state we're both from) where she went through massage therapy school and got licensed. Around that time, I found out she was engaged. I didn't think too much of it because I was very overweight, single, and not very outgoing. So I thought "good for her" and moved on, but, again, never forgot her. Over the past year, I had lost a ton of weight and wanted to get back into the dating game. This woman's sister came into where I work and I didn't realize that the two were related right away (the sister's married). After the sister told me who she was, she explained that the woman I'm seeing was moved back home (out of Columbus), single, and no kids. She suggested I reach out to her, which I did, and we became friends on social media.

Over the course of time, we had talked over private messages. Not much, especially during the COVID lockdown. When July rolled around, I had already seen more of this woman's family come through work, and, inevitably, saw her. I took care of her, and, overtime, we had talked a little more. Eventually, she was coming back in to pick up some stuff from where I work, so I decided to say to myself "screw it, I'm asking her out." She came in, got her stuff, I asked, she said 'yes', and we had been on 4 dates and talking to each other ever since. Over the course of time, I started to develop feelings for her when she explained her past and how she became to be the person she is today. The last time we were together, we were talking about family and when I was starting to talk about mine, I began to choke up and she took my hand, held it for awhile, then kissed it. In turn, I did the same thing when she was getting emotional. At the end of the night, I felt a kiss on the lower part of neck, like her way of sealing the deal. A date before that she told me that she enjoyed being with me, and the last two times I stayed over at her place because it was 5 in the morning and all we did was talk and be playful towards each other (nothing sexual).

Right now, I've got a wave of emotions going on right now. This woman has had bad relationships in the past, and her sister can confirm all this. I can see why these other guys would go nuts for her. She's good looking. Granted, she has put on some weight (stress from losing her older brother earlier this year), but still looks good. However, she's not one of those women that all she wants to do is run around and sleep with other guys. The guys that were after her was the ONLY thing they wanted. Beauty can be both a blessing and curse, I'm afraid. What I can tell, she's looking for a guy that want's to build a friendship. I'm just hoping I can fill that role, but that's what makes me nervous. I've had been burned, stood up, and I-don't-knowed many times, and this is my first (quasi) serious relationship. We just took a weekend off this past week, and I just asked her if she wanted to go out next Saturday, and I'm waiting on a response. I also sent her a "thinking of you" card today. I'm just hoping nothing goes wrong because I do care about her, and, well, I... might have fallen in love with her. And it's driving me crazy. I don't want to end up like those other people who may have thought they were that way, but the people they're infatuated with may not feel the same. I don't know. has anyone else fallen in love before or currently going through it?

Sounds kinda nice, actually.

I recommend not overthinking it. Yeah, you both have some baggage, you'll have to navigate that, but not after only five dates. This period is over all too quickly, even the best relationships lack the excitement of newness. Maybe just enjoy it, and don't be in too much of a hurry to put a label on it. My wife and I went from "friends" to engaged....and no, we're not in some weird cult...lol... We had fun, we hung out a lot, and yeah, we had that kind of fun too...but none of the boyfriend / girlfriend / relationship status update on FB stuff...hehe...

Maybe just try to be chill...if she does have baggage, rushing might be a red flag for her...or a yellow one. I've been married 17 years, so it's been a while since I've been on the dating scene, but I think slow and steady still wins the race. ;) Best of luck.

Sounds kinda nice, actually.

I recommend not overthinking it. Yeah, you both have some baggage, you'll have to navigate that, but not after only five dates. This period is over all too quickly, even the best relationships lack the excitement of newness. Maybe just enjoy it, and don't be in too much of a hurry to put a label on it. My wife and I went from "friends" to engaged....and no, we're not in some weird cult...lol... We had fun, we hung out a lot, and yeah, we had that kind of fun too...but none of the boyfriend / girlfriend / relationship status update on FB stuff...hehe...

Maybe just try to be chill...if she does have baggage, rushing might be a red flag for her...or a yellow one. I've been married 17 years, so it's been a while since I've been on the dating scene, but I think slow and steady still wins the race. ;) Best of luck.

Yeah, you're right. My biggest issue IS I over think on these kind of things, and I have to remember that she may be thinking about me, too. She may have backed out after our first date, but she didn't, obviously. She must have thought that she was finally being treated like a lady, and she enjoyed and appreciated that. In case if you're curious on what we did after our first date, the second one started out as a double date with her sister and sister's husband at a brewery (kind of the sister's way of evaluating me, which I passed, I'll get to that in a moment), then ended with the two of us at another place altogether. The third date we went out to eat, went to a nice bourbon bar, and spent the night at her place. The last date I was on with her was at a winery out in the country (beautiful scenery), and, once again, spent the night at her place. The one thing I need to remember is that last date, we went to meet up with this woman's sister and the sister's husband at their local bar. As simple as what it was, I remember her sister saying "HEY, IT'S MY SISTER AND HER BOYFRIEND! HEY THIS IS 'X' AND HER BOYFRIEND!" The woman blushed and tried to hold back a smile on her face, so it's obvious she's been talking about me in a positive light. After reassuring her, as well, that I like and am interested in her, she did the same thing, except she didn't hold back the smile. So, yeah, I need to stop over thinking. Thanks!:)

Yeah, you're right. My biggest issue IS I over think on these kind of things, and I have to remember that she may be thinking about me, too. She may have backed out after our first date, but she didn't, obviously. She must have thought that she was finally being treated like a lady, and she enjoyed and appreciated that. In case if you're curious on what we did after our first date, the second one started out as a double date with her sister and sister's husband at a brewery (kind of the sister's way of evaluating me, which I passed, I'll get to that in a moment), then ended with the two of us at another place altogether. The third date we went out to eat, went to a nice bourbon bar, and spent the night at her place. The last date I was on with her was at a winery out in the country (beautiful scenery), and, once again, spent the night at her place. The one thing I need to remember is that last date, we went to meet up with this woman's sister and the sister's husband at their local bar. As simple as what it was, I remember her sister saying "HEY, IT'S MY SISTER AND HER BOYFRIEND! HEY THIS IS 'X' AND HER BOYFRIEND!" The woman blushed and tried to hold back a smile on her face, so it's obvious she's been talking about me in a positive light. After reassuring her, as well, that I like and am interested in her, she did the same thing, except she didn't hold back the smile. So, yeah, I need to stop over thinking. Thanks!:)

No worries, bud. Sounds like you're made in the shade. You got this. :)

I think you should cut to the chase. Invite her onto the forum and let her have a read.

Back
Top Bottom