• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Anyone check the polls today?

Some people misunderstand polls. That a poll says that this or that person will win doesn't make it a sure thing. There's a percent attached to that and, often, a +/- range of uncertainty. Then, in instances of polls before an election, events between the actual polling and the election represent an unknowable effect.

We'll see what's what when the AP calls the election, as we did in 2016. There, the call came after 2 a.m. November 4th.

This calm watcher of the passing parade will go to bed at my usual time [Ed.: He's an old geezer. His bedtime's, like, early. He doesn't wear a cap for a long winter's nap, though.] I'll check the news when I get up on the 4th of November.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

ABC/WAPO poll having Trump up in FL is worrying. IA (not that dems are counting on it) is slipping away. PA is somewhat encouraging but the suppression efforts are massive there. Biden may need as much at 10 points to overcome polling error potential and voter suppression.

let's hope that we can vote the mango marmot into the rearview. i have already voted.

As more people are threatened by the unhinged left when they say they will vote republican, yes, the polls naturally skew left.

How many times did the polls say the democrat would win but the republican did...

Think about it.
You’re a denier in more ways than one.

As more people are threatened by the unhinged left when they say they will vote republican, yes, the polls naturally skew left.

How many times did the polls say the democrat would win but the republican did...

Think about it.

Once? And it was close. And have been right 80-90% of the time.

ABC/WAPO poll having Trump up in FL is worrying. IA (not that dems are counting on it) is slipping away. PA is somewhat encouraging but the suppression efforts are massive there. Biden may need as much at 10 points to overcome polling error potential and voter suppression.
Florida is a dead heat, as it always is, every single election. Trump can have Florida for all I care. He's in hot water in too many other states. Iowa should not be that close, Georgia is also close, and Trump can't afford to lose PA. Looking good for Biden in WI, MI, and PA..his lead is big enough in PA that even with the margin of error, he's still ahead. Im feeling confident at this point.

There is zero voter suppression in PA.

it should be illegal, people who make the accusation of voter suppression should be arrested and re-educated because those baseless accusations only destroy social trust

No matter how the election finally turns out, there are two groups of posters on this forum. There are those who, like me, will be willing to stake their cred on their posts related to this election. And then there are the rest.

Interestingly, I know which group I belong to. Some here do not, yet. But they will.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

You’re a denier in more ways than one.
Didn't the polls say Kerry would win?

Didn't the polls say Gore would win?

Didn't the polls say Hillary would win?

I think you're the denier...

Think about it.
You can easily use the cite I posted to compare polls from 2016 to 2020.

Just do a little research.

Biden is crushing it

You can easily use the cite I posted to compare polls from 2016 to 2020.

Just do a little research.

Biden is crushing it

Correct. I invite everybody here to look at my thread about 538 and RCP polling data. Both show Biden getting over 300 electoral college votes. Trump's only "good state" is Texas and he has only a 2.3% lead. Iowa has too many undecided voters to make a call.

Back
Top Bottom