• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone catch that Jags/Chargers game last night? First half was ugly and looked like a debacle. Chargers got 4 interceptions and led 27-3 at halftime.

PeacefulWarrior

I am not a robot.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The Jags actually came back and won it in the 3rd largest comeback in NFL Playoff history. I dont care about either team really but it was a super cool 2nd half, loved it. Sorry is someone already posted about this.

The Jags actually came back and won it in the 3rd largest comeback in NFL Playoff history. I dont care about either team really but it was a super cool 2nd half, loved it. Sorry is someone already posted about this.

Check the NFL 2022 thread ;) Agreed it was an awesome game

I watched it until halftime then turned it off. I was amazed to see the jags won. I had to watch the highlights, amazing.

Check the NFL 2022 thread ;) Agreed it was an awesome game
I think it was pretty crappy personally. It was like watching two halves of two different games. The giants and vikings are putting on a good show.

I watched it until halftime then turned it off. I was amazed to see the jags won. I had to watch the highlights, amazing.

Heh heh heh, you blew it. But I understand, the first half was so awful it looked like a game that could be turned off. It turned out to be one of the most spectacular NFL comebacks ever.

Terrible game in terms of execution by the Jags in the 1st half and in the 2nd the Chargers sucked on defense. Tale of two halves.

Anyone catch that Jags/Chargers game last night? First half was ugly and looked like a debacle. Chargers got 4 interceptions and led 27-3 at halftime.​

No. Chargers led 27-7 at the half. Not 27-3.

Remarkable game nevertheless. Kept us all up until the very end, and even those who aren't football fans were riveted.

I hope the Jaguars go all the way.

Go underdogs!

I was glad to see the Jags come back and win because it rains so much in California so we don't need to be having playoff games there. Plus both quterbacks needed haircuts, badly, goes without saying.

Jacksonville is my favorite team, so I watched every second of that game. In all of my years of watching the Jaguars (since 1997), I had never seen them come back from four touchdowns behind. During the regular season, they were blown out in Detroit. So like a lot of fans watching it, I thought the Cardiac Cats had no chance of winning when they were trailing 27-0. But this was my favorite team, in the playoffs for the first time in five years, playing against a team that they had blown out in the regular season. This time, it was a home playoff game. Even if the first half woes continued during the third quarter, there was no way I would turn my television off.

I could not figure out why Jacksonville struggled so much in the first half, but Shawn Smith's crew was nice to Los Angeles. An obvious DPI by Asante Samuel led to one of his interceptions. Since when has grabbing the intended receiver from behind been legal? It was a perfect pass from Trevor Lawrence. Zay Jones was in font of Samuel. As the son of a former Hall of Famer who played the same position, certainly Samuel knew he does not have to commit DPI to run around the WR to intercept the pass. But because he did it, there should have been a flag on him that would negate the interception. Another interception was a tipped pass, so I don't think you can completely blame Lawrence on that either. The Chargers have a good defensive line. But at 6-6 Lawrence should not be having problems with that.

I will continue talking about this amazing game later.

I watched it until halftime then turned it off. I was amazed to see the Jags won. I had to watch the highlights, amazing.

I would have done that too if I it was a regular season game. But since it was a playoff game, I expected it to be the last time until September I see my favorite team play,

You probably did not watch enough highlights. Broadcasters never show as many for Jaguars games as they do with some other teams. It is no surprise the Chargers fired Joe Lombardi when they did: less than 24 hours after the offense failed to continue its 4-TD lead by dominating TOP in the second half. That kind of meltdown often is the offensive coordinator's fault. The Chargers had some medical issues during the regular season, but losing after having a 27-0 lead is inexcusable even without your #1 WR.

I was glad to see the Jags come back and win because it rains so much in California so we don't need to be having playoff games there. Plus both quterbacks needed haircuts, badly, goes without saying.
😂 The Chargers play in a domed 🏟
And would have played in Kansas City, not CA. 😂
Godwin haircut 💇‍♂️ patrol?!

I would have done that too if I it was a regular season game. But since it was a playoff game, I expected it to be the last time until September I see my favorite team play,

You probably did not watch enough highlights. Broadcasters never show as many for Jaguars games as they do with some other teams. It is no surprise the Chargers fired Joe Lombardi when they did: less than 24 hours after the offense failed to continue its 4-TD lead by dominating TOP in the second half. That kind of meltdown often is the offensive coordinator's fault. The Chargers had some medical issues during the regular season, but losing after having a 27-0 lead is inexcusable even without your #1 WR.
I watched the highlights on youtube.

Back
Top Bottom