• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone Care about Baseball

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Playoffs started....sort of.
Cinci is getting hammered by Pittsburgh today.
Tampa plays Cleveland tomorrow.

I see the Tigers playing St Louis in the World Series. But the BoSox are probably favored and the Dodgers look to be for real.

I'm not a fan in general, but I am kept well-informed about the Rangers, because several of my family members avidly attend the home games. When I was young, I loved going to the games, but since I've aged, I prefer to stay at home and away from the crowds.

I see the Tigers playing St Louis in the World Series. But the BoSox are probably favored and the Dodgers look to be for real.

I live in Detroit and we have a great team, but I just can't get into it.

My brother in law promised me tonight if it is a Pit-Detroit world series, he will get us tickets. I do like having a rich brother in law.

I usually watch, but this year I just didn't, and that figures that the Red Sox are doing great this year! :roll: I wished I had watched now. Well, there's always the World Series. :mrgreen:

I have always been a baseball fan from way back when there were only 16 teams and the winner of each league advanced to the World series which usually was over by the 10th of October. I dislike all these wildcards, I am a firm believer that there should be two separate leagues with no interleague play until the world series. I think the world series should be between the best team from the American and the best team from the National and not the hottest team from among ten. I hate wild cards, the DH and astro turf which luckily seems to be about gone.

My bitching finished, I do think Boston is the best in the AL and LA in the NL. It would be a shame if these two teams are not playing each other in the WS.

The Yankees suck! Sorry, just had to get that out. :2razz:

Boston will host the winner of Tampa Bay and Cleveland, who play tomorrow. My Dad loved the old Boston Braves and liked the Red Sox.
I'm sure the Red Sox would prefer the Indians.
I usually watch, but this year I just didn't, and that figures that the Red Sox are doing great this year! :roll: I wished I had watched now. Well, there's always the World Series. :mrgreen:

The wild card thing is weird--one game play-ins. What the hell is that?

Boston will host the winner of Tampa Bay and Cleveland, who play tomorrow. My Dad loved the old Boston Braves and liked the Red Sox.
I'm sure the Red Sox would prefer the Indians.

My grandfather was a HUGE Red Sox fan. I don't think he ever missed a game.

Whoever has the best starting three and the two best relievers will win. I'm surprised you're giving up on your Braves.
I have always been a baseball fan from way back when there were only 16 teams and the winner of each league advanced to the World series which usually was over by the 10th of October. I dislike all these wildcards, I am a firm believer that there should be two separate leagues with no interleague play until the world series. I think the world series should be between the best team from the American and the best team from the National and not the hottest team from among ten. I hate wild cards, the DH and astro turf which luckily seems to be about gone.

My bitching finished, I do think Boston is the best in the AL and LA in the NL. It would be a shame if these two teams are not playing each other in the WS.

But Yankee wins did affect the final standings. Baltimore gets knocked out, allowing Cleveland to possibly get in, and TB and Texas had a sudden-death game last night where Price was very good for TB.
A-Rod ain't nothin'! :lol:

Dad grew up in Maine before WW 2 and loved the Braves, following them to Milwaukee and now Atlanta.
My grandfather was a HUGE Red Sox fan. I don't think he ever missed a game.

But Yankee wins did affect the final standings. Baltimore gets knocked out, allowing Cleveland to possibly get in, and TB and Texas had a sudden-death game last night where Price was very good for TB.

So what? They still suck and so does A-Rod.

It keeps a lot of teams alive in August and September which normally would be out of it. We have 30 big-league cities now, not 16, and money/attendance is still the bottom line. At least we have the baseball playoffs and college and pro football.
The wild card thing is weird--one game play-ins. What the hell is that?

Did you ever see Whitey Ford pitch for the Yankees? When Dad came back to the states in 1961, we were stationed near San Francisco and I got to watch one of the greatest players of all-time, Willie Mays, who started with the New York Giants and then served in Korea.
So what? They still suck and so does A-Rod.

Did you ever see Whitey Ford pitch for the Yankees? When Dad came back to the states in 1961, we were stationed near San Francisco and I got to watch one of the greatest players of all-time, Willie Mays, who started with the New York Giants and then served in Korea.

No that's way before my time on this earth! :lol:

Just sayin', started at the bottom and now we have the best record.

Yankees suck.

The big deal in 1959 was the Brooklyn Dodgers going to Los Angeles and the New York Giants going to San Francisco. Baseball was truly the national pasttime and color TV was just hitting. The Mets came later. Radio was huge and the World Series was during the day and we watched it at school.
No that's way before my time on this earth! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom