• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone Care about Baseball

I have spent a quarter of century in Boston. Don't care for sports in general, but whenever Sox play Yankees...This September, three out of three - sweet.

It will be nice to see the Red Sox beards go. And hockey is just around the corner and you have the Red Wings to deal with. The Olympics will be great also. Sports will always bring us back together.
Just sayin', started at the bottom and now we have the best record.

Yankees suck.

I favor an A's/Pirates world series.. A's in 7. Well it's a ticket I would buy and go to a game. Don't get care what the annoying pricks from Boston do or any other team in the AL does.. Rather see two teams who actually earned it win it. By earning it I mean not a $100 million pay roll. Granted Tampa is $12 million short of Pirates and A's, I just can't support an AL east team that isn't the O's.

Btw.. payroll difference between A's and Pirates is $2.5 million.

Just sayin', started at the bottom and now we have the best record.

Yankees suck.

Every once in a while a squirrel finds a nut. ;)

Btw what's your record this year against the O's this year.. 10-8..

Whoever has the best starting three and the two best relievers will win. I'm surprised you're giving up on your Braves.

The Braves this year had two long winning streaks, one of 12 and one of 10 or 11, then played basically a bit above 500 baseball in remaining games. They have a bunch of good young pitchers and a strong bullpen. They also have two sub 200 hitters in their daily lineup. The Braves are vary capable of winning everything if the young arms don't become rattled. We'll see.

They have a tough series with the Dodgers while St. Louis gets a lot of rest.
The Braves this year had two long winning streaks, one of 12 and one of 10 or 11, then played basically a bit above 500 baseball in remaining games. They have a bunch of good young pitchers and a strong bullpen. They also have two sub 200 hitters in their daily lineup. The Braves are vary capable of winning everything if the young arms don't become rattled. We'll see.

Playoffs started....sort of.
Cinci is getting hammered by Pittsburgh today.
Tampa plays Cleveland tomorrow.

I see the Tigers playing St Louis in the World Series. But the BoSox are probably favored and the Dodgers look to be for real.

I see a Cardinals/Tigers WS too, obviously with the redbirds coming out on top.

I certainly hope for a different outcome. I'm tired of the Cards and Detroit and NY and Boston. That the Buc's won last night has given me a little more fuel to continue to watch. The Dodgers wouldn't be a bad change either and I've always been partial to the Indians. What would be great is a 2014 season where the Cubbies make a run - that would inject some lore and excitement back in the game!

I am pulling for a Detroit/Pitt world series(since I will go to a game if it happens) but the Cards are hot and going to be hard to beat, as is Boston.

I certainly hope for a different outcome. I'm tired of the Cards and Detroit and NY and Boston. That the Buc's won last night has given me a little more fuel to continue to watch. The Dodgers wouldn't be a bad change either and I've always been partial to the Indians. What would be great is a 2014 season where the Cubbies make a run - that would inject some lore and excitement back in the game!

If it can't be the Cardinals, I wouldn't mind the Pirates, Indians, or Dodgers. But the Cubs are damned to their little pit of World Series-less hell for as long as they exist.

Playoffs started....sort of.
Cinci is getting hammered by Pittsburgh today.
Tampa plays Cleveland tomorrow.

I see the Tigers playing St Louis in the World Series. But the BoSox are probably favored and the Dodgers look to be for real.

Unfortunately I am a die hard Reds fan, and last night was just painful to watch.

Unfortunately I am a die hard Reds fan, and last night was just painful to watch.

Wretched game. No pitching, no hitting and no coaching. Add that to the 5-game losing streak, and it's as if they haven't even bothered to show to play since before the last week of the month.

They have a tough series with the Dodgers while St. Louis gets a lot of rest.

One of their sub 200 hitters Dan Ugla is being left off the playoff roster. I am not sure what to think about that. Dan is the type of hitter with this .179 BA that still can hit 3 or 4 homers in a series.

However, he might be able to come back for the next round, against say St. Louis. I'm back to feeling I'm going West again next week. Should be interesting driving through all the Red states. TBS is talking of Johnson over Uggla right now.
One of their sub 200 hitters Dan Ugla is being left off the playoff roster. I am not sure what to think about that. Dan is the type of hitter with this .179 BA that still can hit 3 or 4 homers in a series.

Uggla is brutal. Sure, he COULD get 3 or 4 homers, but chances are he won't, and if he's not hitting for power he's really not accomplishing anything. He's an absolute butcher defensively, and he doesn't walk enough to make it worthwhile to bat him.

Wretched game. No pitching, no hitting and no coaching. Add that to the 5-game losing streak, and it's as if they haven't even bothered to show to play since before the last week of the month.

Sadly, I can't argue with that. HOWEVER, Todd Frazier, Choo, and Ryan Ludwick did show up to play. The problem is, nobody else did.

However, he might be able to come back for the next round, against say St. Louis. I'm back to feeling I'm going West again next week. Should be interesting driving through all the Red states. TBS is talking of Johnson over Uggla right now.

Have a safe trip and we'll see what happens

Sadly, I can't argue with that. HOWEVER, Todd Frazier, Choo, and Ryan Ludwick did show up to play. The problem is, nobody else did.

I take solace in the fact that Cleveland showed up even less ready to play than the Reds. :)

I take solace in the fact that Cleveland showed up even less ready to play than the Reds. :)

Or the team that MLB built, the Rangers--I'm sure Boston didn't want to see Tampa Bay. Remember not too long ago when the Rays would have played the best "non-division" foe.

Or the team that MLB built, the Rangers--I'm sure Boston didn't want to see Tampa Bay. Remember not too long ago when the Rays would have played the best "non-division" foe.

Tampa has to be the sentimental favorite here.

Red Sox already beat them this year, and are statistically the better team this year. Besides, Tampa isn't Boston's arch nemesis, that would be the Yankees.

Red Sox already beat them this year, and are statistically the better team this year. Besides, Tampa isn't Boston's arch nemesis, that would be the Yankees.

Haven't TB and BOS had some nasty beanball incidents the last few years.
In a 3 of 5, the better starters and relievers rise to the top.
And, BOS has been off for 4 days tomorrow while TB is rolling.
Good luck though and beat the Red Wings.

Haven't TB and BOS had some nasty beanball incidents the last few years.
In a 3 of 5, the better starters and relievers rise to the top.
And, BOS has been off for 4 days tomorrow while TB is rolling.
Good luck though and beat the Red Wings.

The hatred and rivalry just isn't there for TB. Sorry. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom