• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone a WWF/WWE fan?

HBKDXfan

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
If so, let me know your opinions of the way they are killing t.v time lately. Thanks

Wrestling, the male version of the soap opera.

When I was younger I watched wrestling. But once I realized it was fake it slowly lost its appeal. Plus it doesn't help that half the time they are standing in the middle of the ring bitching like women. I saw wrestling the other day when my nephew was over my house watching and it seems that they do a lot more of the standing the middle of the ring bitching like women and **** talking than they used to. I do laugh at all the people who think its real because only wrestling fan would believe that you can assault a fellow athlete(actor/stuntman is actually the perfect description for these people), boss, owner of the company and or a referee regardless where and not be punished by your employers for but also not face any criminal charges for it despite all the video proving the assault. And only a wrestling fan would believe that if you jump from a turnbuckle and land on a bony lumpy wrestler then you will be fine but if he moves and you land on a padded mat you will be knocked silly(I read that in a mad magazine once).

Wrestling is not "fake", it is scripted. The moves performed are difficult and in many cases legitimately painful. Injuries are common. It also does not claim to be other than scripted any more, and has not since the late 90's.

yep, i do watch when i have the time, and have been to several live shows.

Wrestling is not "fake", it is scripted. The moves performed are difficult and in many cases legitimately painful. Injuries are common. It also does not claim to be other than scripted any more, and has not since the late 90's.

I had a buddy who used to write storylines for the WWE. He said it was the most interesting and creative job he's ever had.

I had a buddy who used to write storylines for the WWE. He said it was the most interesting and creative job he's ever had.

I think it would have to be pretty difficult. Every 5 weeks is a pay per view that is where the money is, so you have 5 sets of shows to build up interest in multiple storylines, all in 2 hour shows that also have to be interesting in themselves. Then you have the inevitable injuries(at least 1 a month) that will throw all your plans into disarray and you have to scramble to work around.

When done well, it can create some really interesting TV. When done poorly, it can be really horrid(see the last 2 years of WCW for proof of that).

Whoever wrote Hogan to leg drop Randy Savage repeatedly and form the NWO with Hall and Nash should be calling every shot wrestling ever does. Hogan becoming a heel made wrestling fun to watch for a few years.

It also led to the Hogan/Rock WM matchup which may possibly be the greatest match since Hogan bodyslammed Andre the Giant.

I sometimes watch:3oops::2razz:

BTW, sure some if it is fake but ask yourself this: could You take getting slammed around like that weekly? There is acting, fitness and talent involved.

Last edited:
Whoever wrote Hogan to leg drop Randy Savage repeatedly and form the NWO with Hall and Nash should be calling every shot wrestling ever does. Hogan becoming a heel made wrestling fun to watch for a few years.

It also led to the Hogan/Rock WM matchup which may possibly be the greatest match since Hogan bodyslammed Andre the Giant.

It's the same guy who wrote the fingerpoke of DOOM though.

You didn't like the fingerpoke of doom? That was legendary.

All the best moments of the last 25 years of wrestling involved Hogan and the NWO. I've tried watching WWE in passing the past few years. John Cena is a bitter pill to swallow, I don't know what to think of that Shaemus guy, and the most annoying human being ever may be that dude that's as black as the ace of spades yelling "what's up" to the crowd every time he comes out.

These guys make the Rockers and the Bushwhackers look like legitimate entertainment.

You didn't like the fingerpoke of doom? That was legendary.

All the best moments of the last 25 years of wrestling involved Hogan and the NWO. I've tried watching WWE in passing the past few years. John Cena is a bitter pill to swallow, I don't know what to think of that Shaemus guy, and the most annoying human being ever may be that dude that's as black as the ace of spades yelling "what's up" to the crowd every time he comes out.

These guys make the Rockers and the Bushwhackers look like legitimate entertainment.

The Fingerpoke of DOOM was legendary, just not in a good way. The NWO was great, for a few months, then they managed to ruin it. At some point every heel stable has to get their comeuppance, but it just never really happened.

Cena annoys me, but then again, I am not the target audience, who does tend to love him. He is all over TV because the people WWE want to watch like him. I will say that from all reports he is an awesome person and does truly love the business, but for me he is kept too strong and is on TV too much. Seamus I am not sure of, but he really is trying hard and is turning into a great character. T Truth(the black dude) is really really annoying, and I have no idea why he has a job.

On the plus side, the Miz has turned into a truly awesome heel, Jericho is still awesome, Bryan Danielson is part of the WWE now, the Nexus storyline has been hit or miss but has had some great moments.

Some great moments not involving Hogan or the NWO from wrestling:

Frankly, the only thing outside of Hogan and the NWO that caught my attention over the past 15 years was Stephanie McMahon.

The only thing better than a big titty fine piece of ass is a big titty fine piece of ass whose father is LOADED. Five minutes in a locked room with me, and I would wreck her like your dad's station wagon.

I'm not sure why people object to it for being scripted. Movies and television are all scripted. Hell, even "reality TV" is scripted. I'm not sure why people can't suspend disbelief for pro wrestling like everything else. :shrug:

Frankly, the only thing outside of Hogan and the NWO that caught my attention over the past 15 years was Stephanie McMahon.

The only thing better than a big titty fine piece of ass is a big titty fine piece of ass whose father is LOADED. Five minutes in a locked room with me, and I would wreck her like your dad's station wagon.
wreck her like your dad's station wagon...:lamo now thats funny, i don't care who you are !!:lol:

You DO know she was a man, right???? :shock:

Do you all think the Undertaker is really gonna retire?

I would bet on next year. He is tentatively planned for a WM title unification match as things stand now, probably against Seamus. I would think that after he wins that, he will retire with his new wife before long.

Back
Top Bottom