• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anybody think Hillary might challenge Obama in 2012? I certainly think she might.

axuality

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Does anyone really think about 'what if Obama keeps getting worse' instead of 'what if he stays this bad'?

Hillary vs. Palin.

ha ha

Does anyone really think about 'what if Obama keeps getting worse' instead of 'what if he stays this bad'?

Hillary vs. Palin.

ha ha

I've always wanted to see an electoral map that had 49/50 states blue...

Both are damaged boobs

Hillary vs. Palin.

ha ha

Id vote for Hillary over Palin...just like I would have voted for Hillary over McCain or Obama. Luckily With the Obama McCain choice i was able to comfortably cast my ballot for Barr.

It'll never happen. Can someone give me the last time a sitting president wasn't nominated by his own party? LBJ to some extent, and that was a whole different situation

It'll never happen. Can someone give me the last time a sitting president wasn't nominated by his own party? LBJ to some extent, and that was a whole different situation

It could EASILY happen. Dude is WAY in over his head...his popularity is plummetting He could make a few pretty speeches...make a few excuses...call it a successful presidency and choose not to run again...especially depending on who it appears may run against him. Better to resign with ideological glory then to get beat as a sitting president.

It could EASILY happen. Dude is WAY in over his head...his popularity is plummetting He could make a few pretty speeches...make a few excuses...call it a successful presidency and choose not to run again...especially depending on who it appears may run against him. Better to resign with ideological glory then to get beat as a sitting president.

I think you're seeing things through rose tinted glasses here. You simply do not kick out a sitting president or decline a second term without a very good reason. It'd be almost unprecidented

No way Hilary runs. She is happy in her position and would have little chance of getting the nomination. Barring a collapse of the economy, Obama has a pretty good shot at a second term. There isn't a Republican out there (at this point) that can beat him. Unless some GOP rises from the ashes, Obama will win a second term.

I dont see Palin running she is just out to make money she is just trying to squeeze every penny out the tea party movement she can.

His approval ratings are low but not unprecedented, especially given how a recession always pushes down approval ratings.

I think you're seeing things through rose tinted glasses here. You simply do not kick out a sitting president or decline a second term without a very good reason. It'd be almost unprecidented

Nah...Personally I dont care. You will note...I would have rather supported Hillary over McCain and Obama...because at the end of the day i dont see much difference between any of them. So I expect Obama will still get the mindless idiots that dont think before they go into the polling booth and cast their ballots for him to do so. I expect by that time he will have found a way to sign in amnesty...I imagine he will stay in power. I think the real battle is in congress.

But...While I doubt it WILL happen i can certainly see how it could. 72 days and counting of incompetence on the gulf disaster...an incoherent economic policy...a foreign policy that even the foreign leaders are scratching their head about...oh...come now...TELL me he wouldnt be eviscerated if he was a republican. tell me you LOVE the leadership and think he is up to the job...

His approval ratings are low but not unprecedented, especially given how a recession always pushes down approval ratings.

Recession...complete incompetence in the gulf...incoherent foreign policy...escalated the war effort instead of getting everyone out...hasnt closed GITMO but if he does it will only be because he now holds and interrogates in Bagrahm...carrying on the Bush anti-terror policies they all ridiculed...invasion of privacy...monitoring cell phones and internet...a housing market STILL stagnant and failing...continually rising unemployment and no clue as to how to change things...signed a healthcare bill that wont kick in for another 3 years while we pay it forward and cost estimates are already climbing...

hey...THATS a guy that deserves a second term. Sure. If you are a mindless O bot.

on the plus side I hear his handicap has dropped 2 strokes since he took office.

Obama will run against whoever the Republicans pick. If that party can't come up with a viable candidate, then Obama will be a two term president.

Hillary might run in '16, but not in '12, absent a Lyndon Johnson scenario, it just ain't gonna happen. Fugitaboutit.

Nah...Personally I dont care. You will note...I would have rather supported Hillary over McCain and Obama...because at the end of the day i dont see much difference between any of them. So I expect Obama will still get the mindless idiots that dont think before they go into the polling booth and cast their ballots for him to do so. I expect by that time he will have found a way to sign in amnesty...I imagine he will stay in power. I think the real battle is in congress.
Many Obama supporters, me included, are not "mindless", and came to our support through rational thought and research. Please try to have something other than total disregard for those that disagree with you.

Many Obama supporters, me included, are not "mindless", and came to our support through rational thought and research. Please try to have something other than total disregard for those that disagree with you.

Really? OK...then Id LOVE to see the inteligent well thought out case for total support of Obama and why a challenge from someone else in the party is out of the question. Because quite frankly...I simply dont see it. Ive given him credit for a solid job combating terror in the US. Thats it. The only other 'accomplishment' was passage of healthcare...and that which they passed is a total dismal disaster.

SO maybe you have some hidden insight...but I personally saw a not ready for prime time player...a 'clean well spoken black man' that could give a decent speech but had no experience, no qualifications to actually be president. What got him elected? Come on...seriously?

And you spend a lot of time applauding the musings of those on the right?

I don't think Hillary has enough independent/moderate support to get elected, and I think she probably knows that. I also don't think Obama will have enough of it left to get re-elected. I hope Colin Powell runs with Brown or Jindal as a running mate. Stupak might have gotten a vote from me if he hadn't sold out on abortion.

Hillary vs. Palin.

ha ha
hillary would wipe the floor with palin

And you spend a lot of time applauding the musings of those on the right?

I at least respectfully consider their views when they're well thought out and explained, even if I disagree.

Really? OK...then Id LOVE to see the inteligent well thought out case for total support of Obama and why a challenge from someone else in the party is out of the question. Because quite frankly...I simply dont see it. Ive given him credit for a solid job combating terror in the US. Thats it. The only other 'accomplishment' was passage of healthcare...and that which they passed is a total dismal disaster.
A challenge from someone else in the party is out of the question because those things don't HAPPEN in our system, barring truly extraordinary events. I'm using history as a basis here. And I'd be able to explain my views on any specific issue, justifying "total support" as you put it is a bit too nebulous.

SO maybe you have some hidden insight...but I personally saw a not ready for prime time player...a 'clean well spoken black man' that could give a decent speech but had no experience, no qualifications to actually be president. What got him elected? Come on...seriously?

He got elected because people agreed with his platform and ideas. Why is that too hard to understand?

Really? OK...then Id LOVE to see the inteligent well thought out

Apropos of nothing, there are two l's in intelligent and well thought-out is hyphenated.

A challenge from someone else in the party is out of the question because those things don't HAPPEN in our system, barring truly extraordinary events. I'm using history as a basis here. And I'd be able to explain my views on any specific issue, justifying "total support" as you put it is a bit too nebulous.
He got elected because people agreed with his platform and ideas. Why is that too hard to understand?

Doesnt really even come close to answering the question or justifying give him a second term...does it...

Doesnt really even come close to answering the question or justifying give him a second term...does it...

The question was way to vague to answer. I'd rather discuss policy, not some vague statement.

Back
Top Bottom