• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Anybody listen to punk rock?

Doremus Jessup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
If so, what would you say the top ten bands would be, or maybe just your personal top ten?

1. NoFX
2. Dead Kennedys
3. Screeching Weasel
4. Minor Threat
5. The Clash
6. Operation Ivy
7. The Ramones
8. Bad Brains
9. Black Flag
10. Bad Religion

The Descendents and the Bouncing Souls would follow. There is probably somebody I left out though.

This is strange that I listen to any punk rock because I am conservative, but I do listen to a little punk.

The only band I listen to is The Ramones. Johnny, Joey, Tommy, and Dee Dee make some pretty awesome tunes.

I Wanna Be Sedated is their best song, but Main Man, Beat on the Brat, and Indian Giver are good songs too.

Anti-Nowhere League.

When I was in the military, I had a friend who was into punk/new wave music. I thought the Sex Pistols were horrible when I first heard them...then I heard the Dead Kennedy's, and I thought the Sex Pistols weren't so bad after all. LOL

Anti-Nowhere League.

When I was in the military, I had a friend who was into punk/new wave music. I thought the Sex Pistols were horrible when I first heard them...then I heard the Dead Kennedy's, and I thought the Sex Pistols weren't so bad after all. LOL

The Sex Pistols were pretty much a boy band.:2razz:

If so, what would you say the top ten bands would be, or maybe just your personal top ten?

1. NoFX
2. Dead Kennedys
3. Screeching Weasel
4. Minor Threat
5. The Clash
6. Operation Ivy
7. The Ramones
8. Bad Brains
9. Black Flag
10. Bad Religion

The Descendents and the Bouncing Souls would follow. There is probably somebody I left out though.

You left out the Buzzcocks!

I am very disappointed.

1. The Butthole Surfers
2. Choking Victim/ Leftover Crack
3. Op Ivy (but I don't really consider them punk; more like ska)
4. Black Flag (pre-Rollins)
5. gg allin & the scumfucs/ Antiseen
6. DK (although I like Jello Biafra's spoken word stuff better than any of their music- "Die for Oil, Sucker!" :mrgreen: )
7. The Cramps, Rev Horton Heat/hillbilly hellcats, the Flametrick Subs, etc
8. MDC
9 Subhumans
10 the Dwarves
11 Meat Puppets (early stuff)
12 Agent Orange
13 Seven Seconds
14 DRI
15 The Crucifuxs
16 Crimpshrine/ Fifteen
17 Bad Brains
18 Septic Death

Hmmm, let's see... I like just about all early 80s- early 90s punk music that doesn't include Glen Danzig, who is a repulsive, talentless, overrated dwarf.
And a conservative to boot, rumor has it.

I forgot a few!
Propaghandi is one of my old favorites. And Helios Creed.
And Dead Silence, and El Dopa, and Man Is The Bastard, and Piss Poor, and Logical Nonsense, and Pain Teens, and the Exploited, and Strychnine.
And... god, it's been a long time since I even listened to music. I've got all these old records just moldering away in a cardboard box in my closet- some of them on colored vinyl. I really ought to sell them on e-bay, I'd probably get a bundle for them. They're collector's items basically, now.

Back
Top Bottom