• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anybody Here Tired of Putin's Threats

rickc

DP Veteran
Reaction score
He says Ukraine jets would be an act of war. What does he think he is participating in presently.

Personally I am about sick of his shit. He isn't going nuclear no matter what we do. It is time to end this senseless war!

He says Ukraine jets would be an act of war. What does he think he is participating in presently.

Personally I am about sick of his shit. He isn't going nuclear no matter what we do. It is time to end this senseless war!
Putin is as cracked as Hitler, and he has nukes?

He'll use them, he'll start out with a tactical, or drop one on a NATO city.

Why would he bluff?

He hasn't used chemical weapons yet, and he's using restraint with his air power, so it's hard for NATO to start a no fly zone.

How do you suggest we do that?

Why would he bluff?

He hasn't used chemical weapons yet, and he's using restraint with his air power, so it's hard for NATO to start a no fly zone.
The former Russian Diplomat said he doesn't think he'd use them and it's just a bluff he plays. And, he's bombing nuclear plants, so all bets are off there.

I wonder how it's going to go with all the volunteers in their army next week from all over the world? Something tells me a few of our operatives will be in that group.

Tired of the Russian putz and equally tired of the N. Korean putz who fires off a missile every time he can't get an erection.

Why would he bluff?

Nuclear of any kind triggers retaliation from all our allies. Russia would be a smoking ruin. Of course we would too.

Putin knows this. That is why even he won't cross that line.

But it makes me sick that every time he throws out that "act of war" threat everyone backs off. He is a bully. If you let him bully you he will never stop. If you punch him in the face he will stop.

Uh let us know how it goes from the front there......

That's about as dangerous an opinion as it gets. Made more dangerous when the public widely feels that way and pressures leader to act on it.

Putin knows this. That is why even he won't cross that line.

But it makes me sick that every time he throws out that "act of war" threat everyone backs off. He is a bully. If you let him bully you he will never stop. If you punch him in the face he will stop.

You have no idea what he would or would not do. History is filled with disasters caused by statements like yours.

Nuclear weapons are an unacceptable threat, yet we refuse to get rid of them. Nuclear weapons in the hands of someone reckless, irresponsible, incompetent, mega-maniacal, foolish or other flaws, are unacceptable, yet unavoidable until we get rid of them. The answer is not to say 'that's annoying, let's have a nuclear war'. We need to find other solutions, and preventing nuclear war will have a very high price. Playing chicken with nukes is not an option.

Here is what Ukraine needs

F-35 Lightning Plus StormBreaker: No Tank Will Ever Be Safe Again​

The weapon gives the F-35 the ability to carry as many as twenty StormBreakers at one time, allowing the jet to track and destroy multiple moving targets on a single mission.

Yes, the whole world (and many or most Russians) are sick and tired of that pipsqueak.

It is time for a more rational dictator to rule that sad country.

And its nuclear weapons should be destroyed.

. He isn't going nuclear no matter what we do. It is time to end this senseless war!

You are wrong. Period. Putin is no bluffing and he will use nukes to get what he wants.

I wish people would realize that not all people are the same.

Here is what Ukraine needs

F-35 Lightning Plus StormBreaker: No Tank Will Ever Be Safe Again​

The weapon gives the F-35 the ability to carry as many as twenty StormBreakers at one time, allowing the jet to track and destroy multiple moving targets on a single mission.
How is it against 6,000 incoming nuclear missiles?

He (Putin) has Biden by the balls and Biden is his puppet. The things Putin knows about Joe Biden must be massive.

You have no idea what he would or would not do. History is filled with disasters caused by statements like yours.

Nuclear weapons are an unacceptable threat, yet we refuse to get rid of them. Nuclear weapons in the hands of someone reckless, irresponsible, incompetent, mega-maniacal, foolish or other flaws, are unacceptable, yet unavoidable until we get rid of them. The answer is not to say 'that's annoying, let's have a nuclear war'. We need to find other solutions, and preventing nuclear war will have a very high price. Playing chicken with nukes is not an option.
The best comparison we can look to is Hitler. The situation and how it's being handled with Putin/Ukraine is very much reminiscant of Hitler's remilitarization of Germany the expansion of Germany into the Rhineland, Sudentenland, Austria and then finally Poland to officially begin WWII. Ignoring this is not wise.

How is it against 6,000 incoming nuclear missiles?

Well I kind of look at it like this. I don't believe he wants to go there any more than we do

But

If every time he makes a threat we run and hide then we have already surrendered. He is free to continue to take more and more territory.

How does it matter if it is a country aligned with NATO or Ukraine. If he knows we are afraid of his nuclear arsenal and will back down from his threats then he wins.

Only way to stop a bully is hit him in the face!

If you guys are so afraid of putin you better think about all the economic sanctions he is dealing with. War is one thing. But taking rich peoples money is much more serious. That is personal. If the Russian economy implodes and Putin sees his wealth evaporating then he may get mad enough to push the button

Last edited:
The world has several bad actors the most important at this time, Russia and Putin, China and Xi, Iran and the Ayatollah. The only thing keeping them in check is US military might. Regardless of what they may say, Putin's threats of nukes, I doubt they really want a nuclear war or even a shooting war with the US. It's not a good outcome for anyone who might participate directly and the collateral damage will be significant as well. Weakness breeds aggression and we are showing weakness right now. What ever the reason our leadership is so indecisive and is cuddling up to Putin and Xi in negotiations it can't be good for the US. We have been threatened and we are tucking tail. We need to stand up to our enemies, to the enemies of peace and democratic government. Our strength needs to be put on display and the consequences of threatening the US have to be strong. Tell Putin, who has threatened Nukes, "we have an arsenal too, and we will use them if you continue on the path you have chosen". Putin doesn't seem to believe the US has the will to fight if it comes to it. Much the way Germany and Japan looked at the US prior to WWII.

The world has several bad actors the most important at this time, Russia and Putin, China and Xi, Iran and the Ayatollah. The only thing keeping them in check is US military might. Regardless of what they may say, Putin's threats of nukes, I doubt they really want a nuclear war or even a shooting war with the US. It's not a good outcome for anyone who might participate directly and the collateral damage will be significant as well. Weakness breeds aggression and we are showing weakness right now. What ever the reason our leadership is so indecisive and is cuddling up to Putin and Xi in negotiations it can't be good for the US. We have been threatened and we are tucking tail. We need to stand up to our enemies, to the enemies of peace and democratic government. Our strength needs to be put on display and the consequences of threatening the US have to be strong. Tell Putin, who has threatened Nukes, "we have an arsenal too, and we will use them if you continue on the path you have chosen". Putin doesn't seem to believe the US has the will to fight if it comes to it. Much the way Germany and Japan looked at the US prior to WWII.

Iran is bush league. They're not nearly as dangerous as the other two.

Well I kind of look at it like this. I don't believe he wants to go there any more than we do

But

If every time he makes a threat we run and hide then we have already surrendered. He is free to continue to take more and more territory.

How does it matter if it is a country aligned with NATO or Ukraine. If he knows we are afraid of his nuclear arsenal and will back down from his threats then he wins.

Only way to stop a bully is hit him in the face!

If you guys are so afraid of putin you better think about all the economic sanctions he is dealing with. War is one thing. But taking rich peoples money is much more serious. That is personal. If the Russian economy implodes and Putin sees his wealth evaporating then he may get mad enough to push the button
When someone with nuclear weapons starts threatening with them, we both find it unacceptable and need to put a stop to it, and we need to do whatever it takes to prevent nuclear war in the meantime. The answer is not to escalate until they're used.

He doesn't have a guarantee what we will or won't agree to, outside of what we've said, and that includes that we will not go to war with Russia, including in Ukraine. But that we will over NATO attacks.

Back
Top Bottom