• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anybody here rub their meat?

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
If so Im wondering what you generally use. I prefer dry rubs because the flavor seems to be stronger. Here are my 3 favorote:

Dry Barbeque Rub
4 T Brown sugar
2 T Chili Powder
1 T Sea Salt
2 T Paprika
1 T Oregano
1 T Onion Powder
1 T Cumin
2 T Mustard, Dry
2 T Garlic Powder
1/4 t Cayenne
Mix dry ingredients thoroughly. Rub generously into skinless chicken, pork
chops, or whatever. Let the meat 'marinate' for an hour, then toss on the
grill for a slow cooking.

Dry Rub #12
2 ts Sea Salt
2 ts Chili Powder
2 ts Sugar
1 ts Cayenne Pepper
2 ts Brown Sugar
1/4 c Paprika
2 ts Cumin

Dry Brisket Rub
1/2 cup chili powder
1/2 cup Sea Salt
1/4 cup granulated garlic
1/4 cup granulated onion
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbs dry mustard
2 bay leaves
Combine seasoning ingredients in food processor until evenly distributed

Here is a great article on Dry Rubs: Thoughts on dry rubs | Food Embrace
ohc_dry_rub_stock-300x225.jpg

dryribs.jpg

Last edited:
I usually perforate the Hell out of the meat with a fork before marinating. Really helps the flavor, and often improves the texture, in my opinion.

I usually perforate the Hell out of the meat with a fork before marinating. Really helps the flavor, and often improves the texture, in my opinion.

I wondered if anybody else did that.

I usually start off with a dry rub of chili powder, cumin and sea-salt.
Otherwise, I marinade in red wine and balsamic vinegrette... sometimes I'll do both. Let it sit like that a few hours before cooking.

I like balsamic vinegar and olive oil, some kind of hot pepper sauce, garlic, mint, and parsley.

This is very true and I also rub the meat as well.

I like balsamic vinegar and olive oil, some kind of hot pepper sauce, garlic, mint, and parsley.
Ever try Paul Newman's Oil and vinegar, it's relatively new and absolutely delicious. It's about one of the best dressing out there and goes very well with meat.

Haven't. Have to stick to store brands, most of the time. Have to look for it. I normally like to have a vinaigrette to dip my steak in.

Haven't. Have to stick to store brands, most of the time. Have to look for it. I normally like to have a vinaigrette to dip my steak in.
It goes for about $3.50 cents something like if the dollar if will hold it's value. Non the less all profits go to charity, so I don't feel so bad spending a extra few dollars.

If so Im wondering what you generally use. I prefer dry rubs because the flavor seems to be stronger. Here are my 3 favorote:

Dry Barbeque Rub
4 T Brown sugar
2 T Chili Powder
1 T Sea Salt
2 T Paprika
1 T Oregano
1 T Onion Powder
1 T Cumin
2 T Mustard, Dry
2 T Garlic Powder
1/4 t Cayenne
Mix dry ingredients thoroughly. Rub generously into skinless chicken, pork
chops, or whatever. Let the meat 'marinate' for an hour, then toss on the
grill for a slow cooking.

Dry Rub #12
2 ts Sea Salt
2 ts Chili Powder
2 ts Sugar
1 ts Cayenne Pepper
2 ts Brown Sugar
1/4 c Paprika
2 ts Cumin

Dry Brisket Rub
1/2 cup chili powder
1/2 cup Sea Salt
1/4 cup granulated garlic
1/4 cup granulated onion
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbs dry mustard
2 bay leaves
Combine seasoning ingredients in food processor until evenly distributed

Here is a great article on Dry Rubs: Thoughts on dry rubs | Food Embrace
ohc_dry_rub_stock-300x225.jpg

dryribs.jpg
Looks like some good recipes, and i am definitively a meat eater.

Yeah. Be more comfortable with it if I were spending my own dollars. Since I'm spending yours... But it does go to charity.

After reading the title of this thread, I'm quite disappointed by the content. I expected something more... tittillating. :(

After reading the title of this thread, I'm quite disappointed by the content. I expected something more... tittillating. :(
perhaps we should have put beat instead of rub?

Beat, rub, jerk, whats the difference :lol:

Mmmm I could use me some jerky right now :2razz:
LMAO exactly what I was thinking but, I have to behave myself..

DSC_0176.JPG

I call this.... motivation :2razz:
When that sugar creates that outter crust and protects the inner jucies...... ohhhhhhhhhhh MAN!!!!!

Last edited:
Not long ago I discovered Webber Grill's seasoning at Costco. I bought it just because I saw it. Wow! Who knew? It's great.

I usually rub my pork. :mrgreen: I am partial to eastern NC/SC barbecue sauce which is vinegar and oil based or mustard based. If it is wet sauce and tomato, molasses, brown sugar, gooey sticky sweet sauce I'll have a peanut butter and jelly sammich.

Last edited:
It goes for about $3.50 cents something like if the dollar if will hold it's value. Non the less all profits go to charity, so I don't feel so bad spending a extra few dollars.

Making your own is even cheaper, and if you buy quality O&V, it will be better quality than anything you can buy.

And to answer the OP's question - every day.

Best commercial pork ribs ever, IMHO: Charlie Vergos' Rendezvous, Memphis; Montgomery Inn (the original one), Cincinnati.

Best BBQ pork sandwich: Old Time BBQ, Cary, NC; Ollie's BBQ, Birmingham (gone but not forgotten); Parker's BBQ, Wilson, NC; Bono's Jacksonville, Fla; Bill's BBQ, Richmond, Va. (their Lemon Chess Pie is orgasmic); Sweatman's Barbecue in Holly Hill, SC and Dukes' BBQ in Ridgeville, SC.

Special mention to Williams BBQ in Wilson, NC for their world class smothered chicken. Former Mayor Rose of Wilson once told me, "I eat at Williams once a week whether I need to or not."

All of it so good it'll make you slap your grandmother.

Last edited:
Not long ago I discovered Webber Grill's seasoning at Costco. I bought it just because I saw it. Wow! Who knew? It's great.

I usually rub my pork. :mrgreen: I am partial to eastern NC/SC barbecue sauce which is vinegar and oil based or mustard based. If it is wet sauce and tomato, molasses, brown sugar, gooey sticky sweet sauce I'll have a peanut butter and jelly sammich.

I prefer the vinegar based sauce.

One key to cooking a good steak? NEVER toss it on cold. Let it sit and get to room temp before cooking:)

My bad I misread the title. ;)

Back
Top Bottom