• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Anybody Heard Anything About Spielberg's New Film "Munich"

TimmyBoy

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Steven Spielberg has come out with a new film called "Munich." Anybody heard if the movie is good? It is about terrorism in the 72 Olympic Games.

Spielberg is against the Boy Scouts - I am against Spielberg.

Don't like the man, and certainly would not trust any of his films as being honest history.

I did pick up a magazine while in the store that had his face on the cover a couple of hours ago - about this movie. It did look interesting.

Don't like the man, and certainly would not trust any of his films as being honest history.

Why should they be historical? They're movies. If you want history, watch the History Channel in my opinion.

I've pretty much distanced myself from trying to learn about celebritys politics. Its distracting honestly. I don't care what Speilberg does outside the area of movies just so long as they are good.

FinnMacCool said:
Why should they be historical? They're movies. If you want history, watch the History Channel in my opinion.
The problem I have is many folks cannot distinguish the difference. I would not doubt one bit that some folks believe there was a green gem on the ocean floor after the Titantic sank or there was a couple so deaply in love it changed the outcome of events at Perl Harbor.

It should be noted up front that it is not historically accurate and in larger letters than the smallest fonts on the poster.

vauge said:
Spielberg is against the Boy Scouts - I am against Spielberg.

I did pick up a magazine while in the store that had his face on the cover a couple of hours ago - about this movie. It did look interesting.

And Spielberg is against you. The House is against the Senate , the Congress is against the President and the devil against us all. Everybody is against everybody these days. You didn't like ET or Saving Private Ryan any of those other movies? I thought Saving Private Ryan was historically accurate when it came to the bloodshed on the beaches. Nobody can deny his genuis when it comes to directing movies. Can't understand why you wouldn't like Speilberg and his admirable talents for directing. I was in a coffee shop the other day and saw where it talked about the movie. I bought the magazine and he had done research into the Munich hostage situation and Israel's revenge attacks afterwards in response. He had interviewed one of the guys on the Israeli death squads and according to the article, the guy was scarred for life of some the things he did. As well, Israel targetted people who had nothing to do with the hostage taking of Israeli atheletes at the Olympics.

Back
Top Bottom