• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

anybody hear about brett favre and his crank?

80% of the time sexual harrassment is bull****. This coming from a guy who has investigated probably a couple hundred harrassment complaints. my fave was when these two girls accused a SSG of harrassment. their story was that after he asked one of them out and was turned down, he started giving them crappy job assignments. during the investigation, I found out that these two females were lazy pieces of crap and the reason the SSG kept shuffling them from job to job is that NOBODY wanted these two working for them.

don't get me wrong, there are actual cases of harrassment out there, where a boss will threaten an employee unless certain favors are done, etc.

but all too often "sexual harrassment" consists of some dumb slob making an innocent comment that some thin skinned female takes the wrong way.

What many people fail to understand is that one single isolated incident does not constitute sexual harrassment.

uh-huh...and the ssg wanted to date them becuse they were pieces of crap, right? and btw......it wasn't one single incident.

As far as the law is concerned, yes it was. You're contributing to slander if you suggest otherwise.

And most cases of sexual harassment are indeed BS. "Sleep with me or you're fired" is sexual harassment. Groping a chick at work is sexual harassment. Staring is not. Telling a joke is not. Flirting is not.

Problem is that with this push for "zero tolerance" as an attempt to neutralize all impropriety (and save their own asses in litigation), everything is a no-no. When I worked at Daimler-Chrysler I barely acknowledged 99% of the women there because any sort of personality could easily be misconstrued by some skirt with no skin.

And they weren't even as hot as Sterger...or a better name for her - "eye candy".

Unless you think being a Maxim model qualifies as legitimate work experience in sports journalism.

uh-huh...and the ssg wanted to date them becuse they were pieces of crap, right? and btw......it wasn't one single incident.

the SSG wanted to go out with one of them because she was physically smokin hot, nowhere was it mentioned that he wanted to "date" either of them. He just thought the one was hot and asked her out. and in that case it was a single incident. I have sworn statements from about 15 witnesses.

As far as the law is concerned, yes it was. You're contributing to slander if you suggest otherwise.

And most cases of sexual harassment are indeed BS. "Sleep with me or you're fired" is sexual harassment. Groping a chick at work is sexual harassment. Staring is not. Telling a joke is not. Flirting is not.

Problem is that with this push for "zero tolerance" as an attempt to neutralize all impropriety (and save their own asses in litigation), everything is a no-no. When I worked at Daimler-Chrysler I barely acknowledged 99% of the women there because any sort of personality could easily be misconstrued by some skirt with no skin.

yeah, funny how to many people "You look nice today" is considered a sexual come on and harrassment.

yeah, funny how to many people "You look nice today" is considered a sexual come on and harrassment.

So many things are such bull**** with regard to supposed "harassment".

There was a guy I worked with years ago who came onto me all the time, even though I made it clear I had no interest. He gave me the creeps. Like, literally made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. He would come to my desk and talk to me and while standing over my shoulder watching me do something on the computer, he would PET me. I mean, literally, PET me. Stroke my hair. I mean, that is a pretty damn intimate thing. The dude had NO clue when it came to personal space.

Now, if I allowed this to continue, whose fault would it have been?
Whose responsibility was it to put a stop to this behavior?

In both questions, the answer is MINE. It was incumbant on ME to put a stop to the behavior. It was MY responsibility to make sure that I addressed the situation appropriately. At first I physically shrugged off the "petting" and glared at him. Hoping he would get the picture. That didn't work. Then I just said, "Please stop." That didn't work. (He insisted I actually wanted him to touch me) So, finally, reaching up and grabbing his hand and pushing his wrist backwards and reiterating, "I asked you to stop, and I meant it.".... well, that worked. Imagine that. Problem solved. He never came near me again aside from in an official work capacity. If he continued with his behavior and nothing I did thwarted him, I would have asked a manager to arrange it so that we didn't have to work in proximity to each other. Failing that, if it really bothered me THAT much, I would find work elsewhere. But involve the govt? Pathetic. No ****ing way would that have happened.

I've worked in many places where "locker room talk" was the norm. I couldn't ****ing imagine someone considering that "harassment". Most places I've worked, "bad language" was the norm and perfectly acceptable. Fact is, I don't WANT to work in a place where it isn't acceptable. Where I have to hold back and watch my every word for fear of hurting someone's poor wittle feelings. To ME, that is a "hostile work environment". The people I work with now, if any of them have an issue with the language the rest of us use, well... they need only speak up and we'd likely do our best to tone it down in their presence. (though, it would be a strain, and it would suck big time, and they're not likely to be invited to lunch much anymore. LOL)

Some people just have too thin skin, or none at all. And many need to learn how to stand up for themselves.

Wait, is Gipper seriously trying to equate unsolicited sending of nude pictures to someone as being the same thing and on the same level as posing nude or semi-nude for a magazine that is purchased and viewed voluntarily by people?

Wait, is Gipper seriously trying to equate unsolicited sending of nude pictures to someone as being the same thing and on the same level as posing nude or semi-nude for a magazine that is purchased and viewed voluntarily by people?

why, yes he is.

Look, I agree, we as a society have gotten way over worked with regards to sexual harassment.

At the same time, if it comes out to be true, you can not tell me that its normal and reasonable behavior amongst co-workesr to send unsolicited nude pictures to each other. Its just not. And its NOTHING like posing voluntarily in a magazine that people have to CHOOSE to pay for. That would be like saying someone punching a person in the face and someone punching a punching bag are exactly alike becuase they're both punching something. Just because both involve pictures while nude doesn't make them the same general thing.

I don't really doubt its Favre, cause it just fits him. There's been rumors of his carousing for a number of years. The man is a attention whore and a drama queen extrodinaire and the notion of trying to chase skits fits that. The voicemail sounds it and I'm sorry but one has to ignore the fact that innuendo exists AT ALL to believe that it is completely and utterly legit without any layers to it. I don't think its a big deal, but that may be because my view of Brett Favre is already leagues beyond what it was a few years back so this doesn't really damage it anymore than it already is.

Some people just have too thin skin, or none at all. And many need to learn how to stand up for themselves.

My work had a sexual harassment video for us to watch, the video said that any unwanted confrontations are considered sexual harassment,
Meaning that, if I asked a person out on a date and they said no, that was harassment, even if another person asked them out and they said yes to them.

That basically makes it harassment, only if I don't like you.

Look, I agree, we as a society have gotten way over worked with regards to sexual harassment.

At the same time, if it comes out to be true, you can not tell me that its normal and reasonable behavior amongst co-workesr to send unsolicited nude pictures to each other. Its just not. And its NOTHING like posing voluntarily in a magazine that people have to CHOOSE to pay for. That would be like saying someone punching a person in the face and someone punching a punching bag are exactly alike becuase they're both punching something. Just because both involve pictures while nude doesn't make them the same general thing.

I don't really doubt its Favre, cause it just fits him. There's been rumors of his carousing for a number of years. The man is a attention whore and a drama queen extrodinaire and the notion of trying to chase skits fits that. The voicemail sounds it and I'm sorry but one has to ignore the fact that innuendo exists AT ALL to believe that it is completely and utterly legit without any layers to it. I don't think its a big deal, but that may be because my view of Brett Favre is already leagues beyond what it was a few years back so this doesn't really damage it anymore than it already is.

i see it for what it is.......her 15 minutes, and the end of his career. it's doubtful he actually HARMED her psychologically in way, but sending an unsolicited picture of one's crank is just disgusting. he should have known better, and now he'll pay the price. but he's never been a faithful guy.....on any front.

My work had a sexual harassment video for us to watch, the video said that any unwanted confrontations are considered sexual harassment,
Meaning that, if I asked a person out on a date and they said no, that was harassment, even if another person asked them out and they said yes to them.

That basically makes it harassment, only if I don't like you.

that's not how our video portrays it.

But you don't know what she did to instigate any of that. According to HER, she wasn't bothered at all by it. She kept the pictures to show her friends and joke about it. She hadn no intention of going public with it.

i see it for what it is.......her 15 minutes, and the end of his career. it's doubtful he actually HARMED her psychologically in way, but sending an unsolicited picture of one's crank is just disgusting. he should have known better, and now he'll pay the price. but he's never been a faithful guy.....on any front.

Of course he didn't harm her. She was laughing about it with her friends. (her words) And, like I said, you don't know what she did to initiate any of it. As far as it being "disgusting", well that's pretty subjective.

I just don't see where any of it has any bearing on throwing a ball around.

But you don't know what she did to instigate any of that. According to HER, she wasn't bothered at all by it. She kept the pictures to show her friends and joke about it. She hadn no intention of going public with it.

Oh, I don't think its sexual harassment necessary in this case. I do think its generally rather unprofessional, but then again its not my company so I don't care much if someone wants to be unprofessional or not. I don't think Favre needs some great penalty levied upon him, I just think the whole thing makes him look bad which really isn't new for him.

That said, in general, I think unsolicited picture such as that aren't exactly smart things to do, and are definitely on a far different level than posing nude or semi-nude in a magazine.

rivrrat said:

Absolutely agree.

The difference between two days and two years is the difference between harassment and extortion.

Of course he didn't harm her. She was laughing about it with her friends. (her words) And, like I said, you don't know what she did to initiate any of it. As far as it being "disgusting", well that's pretty subjective.

I just don't see where any of it has any bearing on throwing a ball around.

lol...well, it does for him, since he can't seem to shake it off. and i believe nfl players have behavior codes they are supposed to follow, but i might be wrong. morals clauses?

I've heard the voice mails too. Some junk about wanting her to come over. That's it. Anything sexual from that conversation is implied by those who want to believe it to be so.

And yes, I think women who pose in skimpy outfits in Maxim or nothing at all in Playboy are ethically questionable.

But you still look, right? Hypocrite much?

Last I checked, he doesn't confirm it either. That's how these highly publicized cases go.

Although I'm not sure about the voice mails, the pictures have not been confirmed for authenticity by anyone except the TMZ wannabe that's paying the Playboy model for her story. Also, she hasn't pressed any charges and none of the other women not only have not pressed charges either, but will not make themselves known. They're slinging arrows from the shadows. Sorry, not good enough to me. Additionally, this happened two years ago. What's the matter - it took her a couple dozen months to negotiate the money she'd receive for "leaking" this story?

Let me guess - you also think that stupid Colorado girl went up to Kobe's room for fresh towels and an autograph, right?

OMG! What is up with your always defending these guys? I know what is up and it is sexist.

If I recall correctly? Kobe's wife got a big ass diamond out of that. But he did nothing wrong, right? Or was that the other one?

You think these guys should be able to do whatever they want, don't ya?

Okay, i don't give a flying **** about team sports figures. But why in the HELL would someone be fired from a sports team for sending erotic photos to someone? I know very few people who *haven't* done that at some time or another. I mean, he throws a ****ing ball around for a living. What in the hell does his sex life have to do with throwing a ball around?

Umm. Cause it is unprofessional. This is the NFL and if you think it is just about tossing a ball around? I invite you to go to a pro-stadium and give it a try. It is not as easy as it looks and doubt you could even throw from the 15 yard line and that is being nice.

:roll: I see nothing in the story about stalking or threats of violence. And Sexual harrassment is bull****.

Are you implying Sexual Harrassment does not exist?

Yes, it is. And my age is irrelevant. Sexual harrassment is mostly a nice catch-all for whiney ass bitches trying to make a quick buck or be drama queens. And, sexual harrassment is unimportant anyway since that's not what happened in this situation at all.

OMG! I am shocked you said this as I thought you were a woman who supports equality and fairness in the work place. But here you are supporting Billy Jr. to smack me on the ass when he gives me my work orders. Thanks!

I hope you stick to the river as that is where you belong.

Lewd language is sexual harrassment? "Unwanted touching"? Give me a ****ing break. :roll: It's disgusting what people will consider "sexual harrassment". Sad.

What's acceptable to the individual is up to the individual. If they don't like it, they only need say so and stand up for themselves. People need to take responsibility for themselves instead of relying on the ****ing govt to step in and placate their whiny asses and appease their delicate sensibilities.

Huh? Unwanted touching is a form of RAPE! And you are supporting this or acting as if it is not a big deal? What is disgusting is YOU!

OMG! I am shocked you said this as I thought you were a woman who supports equality and fairness in the work place. But here you are supporting Billy Jr. to smack me on the ass when he gives me my work orders. Thanks!

I hope you stick to the river as that is where you belong.
No, I'm supporting your right to deal with it yourself as opposed to your right to go whining to the government to come and handle your problems for you. If you don't like what someone is doing, then ****ing deal with the situation yourself.

Huh? Unwanted touching is a form of RAPE! And you are supporting this or acting as if it is not a big deal? What is disgusting is YOU!

:roll:

If you don't want someone to touch you, then ****ing tell them so. No need to go whining to the nanny state.

Kali said:
OMG! I am shocked you said this as I thought you were a woman who supports equality and fairness in the work place.

Sexual harassment, as it exists now in most workplaces, is not a tool of equality but as a power-grab available by any woman to exploit as she sees fit.

The things that pass for sexual harassment today are ludicrous. Now, if you're getting groped or being told to do things in order to keep/advance your job, that's one thing. Having said that, if you're told a sexist joke, walk away. If you think you're being "stared" at, look the other direction. If you're actually being harassed physically or verbally, address to them the situation and move on like adults.

To handle it like it is today is akin to a couple of small children in the back seat of a minivan saying, "Mommy, Timmy's got his leg on my half of the seat!".

unwanted touching is a form of rape????? what the **** is the world coming to? claiming that slapping someone on the ass is a form of rape is spitting in the face of anyone who has ever actually been raped.

Back
Top Bottom